Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Greetings from Argonaut

argonaut
    argonaut

Greetings from Argonaut Empty Greetings from Argonaut

Post  argonaut Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:45 am

Hi Nerfers,

Very new to the Nerf world and did a reverse engineer of googling about Nerf mods BEFORE buying my first Recon before Xmas ... it's the modding that makes it all more interesting.

So went nuts and then bought a Longstrike, Alpha Trooper and LongShot.

Be interested if anyone has any recent comments on the polycarb Orange Mod kits from the USA ? I ordered a couple of their massacre kits to try out, and the guys seemed pretty helpful. I'll try the Recon kit first to see if it makes a diff and post.

I also posted in the General Forum sticky thread "Available Nerf Blasters In Australia" re local stores in Sydney (Target & K-Mart mainly) that are selling Longstrikes, Alpha Troopers, Recons, Stampedes, Vulcans etc at very good prices. eg: Longstrikes are $59 at Target Roselands, Recons and Alpha Troopers are $29).

This Oznerf site is very well put together and is a great resource, so thanks guys.

Cheers, Argonaut out.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Greetings from Argonaut Empty Re: Greetings from Argonaut

Post  Acerised Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 am

Hey Welcome to OZnerf Forums!
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:41 am

Welcome. you sound like a nice person and itll be great having you here
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

OMW Aluminium parts have failed on three of our members (all in Brisbane). That back still blew off. Probably why they went to polycarb. I think they'll breake as well. In the end of the day these kits are nice to help new guys in modding because it's just the matter of switching the internals, but their product quality is relatively half arsed and not that top notched. Hence their pricing is relatively cheap.

PS Welcome to the forums man! I'm hoping you'll produce some crazy as mods soon XD. Example, these two guys came to their first Nerf War with Brisbane Nerf Group, they got owned, a month later... people started fearing the blasters they have produced.
    argonaut
    argonaut

Post  argonaut Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:18 pm

littlebro05 wrote:OMW Aluminium parts have failed on three of our members (all in Brisbane). That back still blew off. Probably why they went to polycarb. I think they'll breake as well. In the end of the day these kits are nice to help new guys in modding because it's just the matter of switching the internals, but their product quality is relatively half arsed and not that top notched. Hence their pricing is relatively cheap.

PS Welcome to the forums man! I'm hoping you'll produce some crazy as mods soon XD. Example, these two guys came to their first Nerf War with Brisbane Nerf Group, they got owned, a month later... people started fearing the blasters they have produced.

Hi littlebro05,

Thanks for the comments on the OMW kits, acknowledged & duly noted. I'll see what they're like performance wise when they send them. I'm a bit ambivalent too, since the pressure on the back of the tube per square inch must be significant, and the OMW polycarb tube doesn't look at all reinforced in the photos of the kits - I'll keep you posted on how they go ;o)

As you correctly state, these are intro kits, but they'll let me cut my teeth engineering wise on something minor, before attempting a major mod.

Noted on the Nerf warring, luckily they're not real bullets or the newbies would all be carted off in coffins on the 1st day LOL ! Though I can see how a good 'wooping' would incite some desire to return the favour next battle ! =oP

Cheers and thanks for the feedback

argonaut ... out

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm