Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+3
LostBoy
JacobYeah
JayDesu
7 posters

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  JayDesu Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:26 am

    Hi All,

    This is a write up extending from the brass breech mod because I'm not smart enough to some up with my own original mod. I added the brass and did not know how to align it up properly and have it look neat awesome. There was space around the nozzle it would not sit stable.

    I had the option of e-tape but that was stupid ugly and not 100% enough (for me).

    So what I did was go to the best shop in the world Bunnings to pick up these.

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-011

    These can be found in the hose/irrigation section and are about 97c and $1.08 (you will need the 8mm and the 10mm (they only had 8mm, 10mm and 13mm).

    ¡WARNING!
    Please, please, please use all safety measures when working (gloves for sure and if you're readjusting the brass, goggles when using the dremel). I cut myself putting the brass on and delayed this mod because it was a pretty damn deep cut (even though small) the brass was not the cleanest so I feared tetanus and when I got cut I yelled out Chuck Norris which resulted in him appearing and roundhouse kicking me in the face.

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-012

    Back to action. Measure up the brass on your Longshot. You don't have to do this but it is good to have a general idea of where things are when disassembled. Note the green. make sure your clip can feed into the brass properly, and if you are readjusting - measure thrice cut once!! I made this mistake and have a really, really small gap in the brass when its closed. #sadface

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-013
    measure and mark

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-014
    sadface gap

    Cut about 5mm to 1cm of the 8mm and 1cm to 1.5 cm for the 10mm and soak them in hot water and place on brass as follows. The 8mm will have to be stretched but it will sit nicely in the clip/breech holder (orange thingy in the middle of the Longshot - don't know what it is called) the 10mm will sit in front and will have to be stretched also. Be careful of the sharp brass (it be at this point where I cut myself).

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-015
    as follows

    Test if everything fits well. You will have to unscrew the nozzle of the Longshot. Reassemble it to make sure everything fits correctly it will be good to check if your darts will feed at this point.

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-016
    assembly order


    This is what everything should look like!
    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-017 Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-018 Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-019
    everything looks neat

    Now just epoxy the inside of the nozzle. I just did the nozzle for easy dis-assembly just in case I needed to in future. To neatly epoxy, I wrapped some masking tape around the nozzle and just filled it up (be careful not to bump/drop the assembly after you put the epoxy in because it will be really annoying to try to realign it with epoxy dripping from it).

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-020
    masking tape action!

    Once it has dried, rip of the masking tape and ta-da. Nice and neat!

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-021
    It will be the prettiest thing your enemies see before they get shot =]



    Real Life Scenario
    #thatdidnthappentomeoranyonebutitcould've

    Enemy: I've got you now... oh, what a nice longshot...

    You: BOOM!! Headshot!

    Referee: SIN BIN! Close range Headshot!


    (it happens)

    This also makes sure everything is as straight as an arrow so no more alignment issues.

    Hope this provides some form of communal value.

    -Jay


    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah


    Posts : 206
    Join date : 2011-10-15
    Age : 24
    Location : Sydney

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  JacobYeah Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 am

    nice clean writeup. might try this for my upcoming longshot build
    LostBoy
    LostBoy


    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 23
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  LostBoy Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:28 am

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] 2012-010


    Made me laugh.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  oznerfnerd Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:05 am

    Sorry mate,

    But with regards to your finger...BooHooDiddlyBooHooHoo.

    If you're going to show off an injury, please make it a real one.

    I did this:

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Dscn1411

    While cutting a length of aluminium in Bunnings (the worst shop in the world) with a hacksaw yesterday.

    It squirted blood all over the place and the lady almost fainted.

    Funny as hell, but hurt like shit.

    As we love to say in Central QLD, "harden the @#$% up!"

    Cheers, LOL,

    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  clunk07 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:17 am

    oznerfnerd wrote:

    While cutting a length of aluminium in Bunnings (the worst shop in the world) with a hacksaw yesterday.

    It squirted blood all over the place and the lady almost fainted.

    Funny as hell, but hurt like shit.

    As we love to say in Central QLD, "harden the @#$% up!"

    Cheers, LOL,


    Looks like nikko pen to me mate.... have a spoonful of concrete!!

    On-topic - that looks like a good option. I'll give it a whirl on my next LShot.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  oznerfnerd Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    oznerfnerd wrote:

    While cutting a length of aluminium in Bunnings (the worst shop in the world) with a hacksaw yesterday.

    It squirted blood all over the place and the lady almost fainted.

    Funny as hell, but hurt like shit.

    As we love to say in Central QLD, "harden the @#$% up!"

    Cheers, LOL,


    Looks like nikko pen to me mate.... have a spoonful of concrete!!

    On-topic - that looks like a good option. I'll give it a whirl on my next LShot.

    Cheers,

    You reckon I'd better practice what I preach Clunk?

    Now where's that teaspoon and my bag of conckers...
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  JayDesu Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 am

    oznerfnerd wrote:Sorry mate,

    But with regards to your finger...BooHooDiddlyBooHooHoo.

    If you're going to show off an injury, please make it a real one.

    I did this:

    While cutting a length of aluminium in Bunnings (the worst shop in the world) with a hacksaw yesterday.

    It squirted blood all over the place and the lady almost fainted.

    Funny as hell, but hurt like shit.

    As we love to say in Central QLD, "harden the @#$% up!"

    Cheers, LOL,


    LOL, mine was spitting blood too but I only decided to take the pic of my finger after I cleaned it up. Just wanted to make safety a mention. It wasn't really that big of a deal, just annoying to finish the rest of the mod without getting blood on everything or an annoying sting on the tip of my finger.

    In my defense, it looked worse in person than on cam. :p
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  clunk07 Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 am

    I'd go the tablespoon ONN... haha - show these Southern guys what we're made of!!

    But, yeh, brass breeches are pretty notorious for causing injuries to digits. Have had quite a few myself in the past..

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    lech
    lech


    Posts : 106
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 32
    Location : Preston, Victoria, Australia

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  lech Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:43 am

    To the OP: its possible to get the boltsled to travel further forward by removing the jam door and extending the slots where the priming bar travels. This will help you to get your breech to seal.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  JayDesu Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm

    lech wrote:To the OP: its possible to get the boltsled to travel further forward by removing the jam door and extending the slots where the priming bar travels. This will help you to get your breech to seal.

    Thought about it but i have no room to move.

    This diagram should explain it...

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Nospac10

    I would have to compromise the longshot internals. If I have totally misinterpreted what you have said, please let me know (diagrams/pics help).

    =]
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  clunk07 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 pm

    JayDesu wrote:
    lech wrote:To the OP: its possible to get the boltsled to travel further forward by removing the jam door and extending the slots where the priming bar travels. This will help you to get your breech to seal.

    Thought about it but i have no room to move.

    This diagram should explain it...

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Nospac10

    I would have to compromise the longshot internals. If I have totally misinterpreted what you have said, please let me know (diagrams/pics help).

    =]

    This is the exact reason why I stopped epoxying in the barrel. It is possible to separate the pieces after gluing, but I've only been successful in doing this with 5 min Araldite, not 72 hour. But, that's what you'll want to attempt imo. That way you can tap the barrel back down, and eliminate the gap in your breech.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    lech
    lech


    Posts : 106
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 32
    Location : Preston, Victoria, Australia

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  lech Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 pm

    Oh yeah shit, I forgot my brass came unstuck from the black piece. Mine sits about 5-10mm forward of the rear of the black piece now.

    Sorry mate!
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  JayDesu Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm

    clunk07 wrote:
    JayDesu wrote:
    lech wrote:To the OP: its possible to get the boltsled to travel further forward by removing the jam door and extending the slots where the priming bar travels. This will help you to get your breech to seal.

    Thought about it but i have no room to move.

    This diagram should explain it...

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Nospac10

    I would have to compromise the longshot internals. If I have totally misinterpreted what you have said, please let me know (diagrams/pics help).

    =]

    This is the exact reason why I stopped epoxying in the barrel. It is possible to separate the pieces after gluing, but I've only been successful in doing this with 5 min Araldite, not 72 hour. But, that's what you'll want to attempt imo. That way you can tap the barrel back down, and eliminate the gap in your breech.

    Cheers,

    I actually used sealant (I think bathroom tile sealant) on the inside where the brass sits in the black... 'thing'... so it MAY be possible for me to fix it... I just don't want to break the plastic or break the plunger system all together.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott


    Posts : 327
    Join date : 2011-05-10
    Age : 32
    Location : Ipswich, QLD

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  mister_elliott Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 pm

    I ditched the orange middle bit and the orange muzzle & used string to tie my barrel in, because I don't understand longshots.

    True Story.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  clunk07 Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:22 pm

    Seriously, you'll want to attempt to fix it by re-aligning the barrel, not the breech. Move the breech forward, you'll need to trim more out of the half-pipe, and, depending on how close your 1/2" brass is, you may end up with all sorts of issues...

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  JayDesu Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:35 am

    mister_elliott wrote:I ditched the orange middle bit and the orange muzzle & used string to tie my barrel in, because I don't understand longshots.

    True Story.

    Woah.. pic/link?

    clink07 wrote:Seriously, you'll want to attempt to fix it by re-aligning the barrel, not the breech. Move the breech forward, you'll need to trim more out of the half-pipe, and, depending on how close your 1/2" brass is, you may end up with all sorts of issues...

    sorry mate, a little confused. "Realign the barrel but not the breech", "Move the breech forward".

    If I'm correct... I want to... remove the brass on one side (plunger side I presume) then move it forward... yes?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  clunk07 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 am

    Haha... sorry mate, I'm talking in riddle's... that's what night shift does to you.

    Personally, I'd opt for re-aligining the 9/16" barrel, and leaving the bolt alone. It's pretty easy to crack the black nub that the bolt sits in, and you may end up with alignment issues with the clip.

    If you can free-up the epoxy at the front of the blaster where the barrel rests, then it's easy enough to tap the barrel back towards the bolt, and then just re-glue the barrel in place. It will all come down to how good the adhesive is. I've had to do this on a couple of BBLShot's, but I only use e-tape and a bit of crazy glue to hold the barrel in, so it's not too OP if I need to re-align anything.

    Hope you get something sorted mate.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint

    Sponsored content


    Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy] Empty Re: Longshot Brass Alignment [kinda pics heavy]

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:15 am