Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW

stoph
    stoph

4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW Empty 4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW

Post  stoph Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:07 am

Hey guys, this thread is dedicated to letting you all know about the creative competitions we have going on over at www.DoubleHappyRabbits.com

Check out THIS POST in this thread for all the relevant info and links!

Cheers!
    - Chris

Last edited by stoph on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total
    cray-
    cray-

4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW Empty Re: 4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW

Post  cray- Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:53 am

Oh man I wish I had some time to sink into this, would love a Wacom. I used an older 4"x5" model during my 5 year stint running a minilab, doing photo restoration. I found the small canvas suited my drawing style better than the larger models. Haven't put pen (digital or analog) to paper in so many years it's depressing.

Best of luck with the comp.
    stoph
    stoph

4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW Empty Re: 4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW

Post  stoph Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 am

There's still time! You don't have to use the digital medium, you can do a pencil sketch, or take a photo of a macaroni sculpture - anything! We're trying to promote creativity in all its facets, and from all levels of experience.

So, on that note, I hope I've persuaded you to throw together an entry! But either way, thanks for the well wishes!

- C
    natious

Post  natious Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:01 am

Damn, wish i saw this early, i could really use a smaller tablet for traveling, but only one entry so far?
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:17 am

We have some entries awaiting approval, but your chances are still really good! Pull an all nighter? As long as your entry is in by midnight (central daylight time - check HERE for a clock) 6th of February (tomorrow) you can be in the running. I can personally recommend the Medium Intuos4 for travelling, I commute to my studio daily and it fits perfectly in my regular backpack, around the same size as a macbook.
    natious

Post  natious Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:54 am

stoph wrote:We have some entries awaiting approval, but your chances are still really good! Pull an all nighter? As long as your entry is in by midnight (central daylight time - check HERE for a clock) 6th of February (tomorrow) you can be in the running. I can personally recommend the Medium Intuos4 for traveling, I commute to my studio daily and it fits perfectly in my regular backpack, around the same size as a macbook.

Wish i could, but already pulling a all nighter for uni related work, "sigh" ahh well lol.
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 am

No worries! If you sign up to the Double Happy website, or like the official Double Happy Rabbits on Facebook, you'll be first to know of all future contests. This is the 3rd with a Wacom as the prize, so there may well be another later down the track (no promises, but it's worth being in the know!)
    Barachiel
    Barachiel

Post  Barachiel Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 am

Pointed this out to my partner the day before yesterday, she's been working on an entry non stop since then. =P
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Haha that's awesome man! I've been itching to do an entry myself (not to be a prize contender, just for arts' sake) but I've been tied up with a 100 page kids book till tonight :/ really excited to see what everyone comes up with
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 am

Hey everybody! The last contest was a complete success, we had 22 entrants, all of an outstanding caliber!

The 3rd DHR Creative Competition winner - receiving the prizes of a Wacom Intous4 (medium) and a critique/paint-over from James Paick - was Adrian Massaro aka Homerid (his WEBSITE )

Here is his awesome winning entry!
    4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW Doublehappymetal_sml

You can check out the remainder of the contestants' entries, along with James Paick's in-depth critique and paint-over, HERE .

Now, onto new business... Announcing the 4th consecutive DHR Creative Competition, with the prize of another Wacom Intuos4 (medium). We're all dreaming of a holiday here at Double Happy HQ, so we thought we'd get you lovely people to create a postcard, using the template provided:

4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW Dh_comp_postcards_from_isles_sml

To download the full rez template, read the T's and C's as well as the design brief, click this link right HERE !

Entries close at midnight, Eastern Daylight Time , on the 6th March 2012.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

We're about to embark on creating a mini-game for your iPhone/Android/Whatever, but we need YOU to VOTE! The 3 options to choose from can be viewed on the DHR Website, click the picture below so go cast your vote and help us make the game YOU want to play!

4th DHR Creative Contest - WACOM prize! ENDS MARCH 6th!! Also, DH Minigame - VOTE NOW DH_Minigame_FrontPage_Call%20to%20Action01

That is all. Carry on!

- Chris
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 am

BUMP! Less than a week to go guys! Hope you've all got some lovely postcards to share with me and my fellow Monkeys!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:00 pm