Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+5
Bacara
sniperdude49
Luke
Eclipse
Bommah
9 posters

    Triple shot barrel materials help

    Bommah
    Bommah


    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Bommah Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:28 am

    So I finally got around to buying a lanard triple shot today, ($25 at Myers) I later went to my local mitre ten shop to see if they had any pvc pipe to fit a streamline dart and the smallest they had was slightly to big. So I'm wondering if you guys know of any other places that might sell the right stuff or if I should try another barrel material?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse


    Posts : 339
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 23
    Location : Sydney

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Eclipse Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 am

    Bommah wrote:So I finally got around to buying a lanard triple shot today, ($25 at Myers) I later went to my local mitre ten shop to see if they had any pvc pipe to fit a streamline dart and the smallest they had was slightly to big. So I'm wondering if you guys know of any other places that might sell the right stuff or if I should try another barrel material?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    16mm conduit is the best fit for stock darts and inform3r's blue foam, it is sold at Mitre10, but separately from the PVC pipe, because conduit is for electrical applications. You can also try PETG from inform3r, but I'm not sure how that would work, as I have only had experience with 16mm conduit.
    Luke
    Luke


    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Luke Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 am

    Eclipse wrote:

    16mm conduit is the best fit for stock darts and inform3r's blue foam, it is sold at Mitre10, but separately from the PVC pipe, because conduit is for electrical applications. You can also try PETG from inform3r, but I'm not sure how that would work, as I have only had experience with 16mm conduit.
    Since when do they sell 16mm?
    Bommah
    Bommah


    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Bommah Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 am

    Is that like a plastic tubing or something? Also around about how much would it cost?
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49


    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2011-11-01
    Age : 22
    Location : Logan

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  sniperdude49 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:36 am

    Inf0rm3rs petg all the way
    Bacara
    Bacara


    Posts : 216
    Join date : 2010-06-30
    Age : 27
    Location : Bomaderry/Nowra NSW

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Bacara Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:41 am

    I've personally found conduit to be far too tight on darts and have used solely PETG in all tripleshot mods I've done. You may be spending more, but the product you get is far more consistent. (Conduit has a tendency to vary slightly in size according to the batch.)
    If you don't want to be buying online, you could always go to an electrical supply shop in your local area/town. They sell conduit in 4m lengths and a variety of fittings, like couplers.
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Sheepie_125 Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 am

    Bommah wrote:Is that like a plastic tubing or something? Also around about how much would it cost?


    Yeah it is - it's "propper" use is to protect / neaten electrical cables / wiring, but you're better off getting it from an electrical wholesaler as it should be cheaper - it's something like $2.80+GST for 4m from L&H up here. Bunnings have it in their electrical section too if you have trouble finding it(not sure on their price).
    Bommah
    Bommah


    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Bommah Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 am

    Sheepie_125 wrote:
    Bommah wrote:Is that like a plastic tubing or something? Also around about how much would it cost?


    Yeah it is - it's "propper" use is to protect / neaten electrical cables / wiring, but you're better off getting it from an electrical wholesaler as it should be cheaper - it's something like $2.80+GST for 4m from L&H up here. Bunnings have it in their electrical section too if you have trouble finding it(not sure on their price).
    Thanks for that, I'll head over to bunnings this weekend and check it out.
    Luke
    Luke


    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Luke Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 am

    Bunnings do NOT sell 16mm Conduit, however they do sell 20mm and higher, if you want 16mm go to Middys or a Electrical store.
    Bommah
    Bommah


    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Bommah Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:01 am

    Luke wrote:Bunnings do NOT sell 16mm Conduit, however they do sell 20mm and higher, if you want 16mm go to Middys or a Electrical store.
    Whats a middys?
    Luke
    Luke


    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Luke Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 am

    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja


    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2011-03-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Ipswich, Queensland

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Photo Ninja Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 am

    I find that with 16mm conduit in a RSCB set up is most effective in my triple shot. Provided that it is funneled correctly.
    Luke
    Luke


    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Luke Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 am

    Photo Ninja wrote:I find that with 16mm conduit in a RSCB set up is most effective in my triple shot. Provided that it is funneled correctly.
    I agree.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  oznerfnerd Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:50 am

    Luke wrote:
    Eclipse wrote:

    16mm conduit is the best fit for stock darts and inform3r's blue foam, it is sold at Mitre10, but separately from the PVC pipe, because conduit is for electrical applications. You can also try PETG from inform3r, but I'm not sure how that would work, as I have only had experience with 16mm conduit.
    Since when do they sell 16mm?

    Since always.

    I've used Keyplas brand electrical conduit with good results.

    I put the rear feeding holes into my triple shot, and use 3cm darts with informers heavy tips glued into them.

    25cm barrels is a good length. Make sure to deburr the ends.

    When I finally get around to doing a Doomsayer with this RFSG I've got laying around, that's what I'll use.
    Bommah
    Bommah


    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Newcastle

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Bommah Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 am

    Thanks for all the advice guys!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  clunk07 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 pm

    oznerfnerd wrote:
    Luke wrote:
    Eclipse wrote:

    16mm conduit is the best fit for stock darts and inform3r's blue foam, it is sold at Mitre10, but separately from the PVC pipe, because conduit is for electrical applications. You can also try PETG from inform3r, but I'm not sure how that would work, as I have only had experience with 16mm conduit.
    Since when do they sell 16mm?

    Since always.

    I've used Keyplas brand electrical conduit with good results.


    Yep, I've never had any issues sourcing 16mm conduit from Mitre 10... Maybe it's just a Queensland thing mate!! haha

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Triple shot barrel materials help Cwc_lo10

    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint

    Sponsored content


    Triple shot barrel materials help Empty Re: Triple shot barrel materials help

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:04 pm