Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
littlebro05
cfb_rolley
Kaine
frostythesnowman
False
|Shadow|
EMEUTIER
11 posters

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz?

EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Empty Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz?

Post  EMEUTIER Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:11 pm

After spending a few hours running through Google I found that what I'm looking for is apparently known as the "AN/PEQ-15 LAM".
    Something like this...
    Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Beta-project-anpeq15-de

What I would like is not a plastic replica but a cheap knockoff that does have a laser.
    I thought it would look awesome (in black) on the side of my newly acquired Rayven.

Would anyone know where I could find what I'm after?
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Empty Re: Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz?

Post  |Shadow| Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:38 pm

They used to be around pretty cheap at airsoft websites (the replicators) now they are about $40-$150.
    But some of them don't sell to other countries.

You best bet is to go for a flash light/laser combo and failing that you could ...
    Get a '20mm Dual Offet Mount Base' and attaching a 20mm rail attached flash light and laser to that.

It would be much cheaper and easier to get.
    But yes the LAM units are very nice looking and would look pretty good on a raven.

Anyway hope that helped you out.
    False
    False

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Empty Re: Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz?

Post  False Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:09 am

You should also consider the factor that some accessories won't fit nerf tac rails. If that is the case, you can get some of these .
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

the other thing that you will want to know about these (that's also pretty important) is that if the laser is over 1mW its illegal to own and import into australia.
    there is a chance that it could slip through customs but i would highly recommend not trying to get one in as there can be consequences for that sort of thing.
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 am

frostythesnowman wrote:the other thing that you will want to know about these (that's also pretty important) is that if the laser is over 1mW its illegal to own and import into australia.
    there is a chance that it could slip through customs but i would highly recommend not trying to get one in as there can be consequences for that sort of thing.

Yeah, like if a neighbor dobs you in for having something like that, then the police will turn up and go through your house with a fine tooth comb.
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 am

The last time I bothered checking about laser power in Oz they said nothing over 3mW. Mind you that was some time ago... has the law changed?
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am

|Shadow| wrote:the LAM units are very nice looking and would look pretty good on a raven.
    my mate has one, and they certainly do look good on rayvens...
    I'll ask him where he got his from and what wattage it is.

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? 2012-011
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 am

Man that looks sweet. Too bad performance isn't epic :(.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am

yeah having that much barrel really kills the power...
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Looking at functional replicas, they seem to have a laser that may be too powerful for our laws, so if anyone knows where I can find even the non-functional plastic lool-a-like I suppose I could fit a cheap dick-smith laser-pointer in it.
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:00 pm

EMEUTIER wrote:The last time I bothered checking about laser power in Oz they said nothing over 3mW. Mind you that was some time ago... has the law changed?

From their website:

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service wrote:
    The importation of certain laser pointers is controlled on
    importation into Australia. The control was introduced on
    1 July 2008.

What types of laser pointers ARE controlled?
    The Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 prohibit
    the importation of hand-held articles, commonly known as
    laser pointers, designed or adapted to emit a laser beam with
    an accessible emission level of greater than 1 milliwatt (1mW)
    without written permission to import.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:58 pm

To me, that reads that it's laser pointers that are restricted, and seeing as a LAM is meant to be mounted on a rail, I'd say you could have one more powerful than 1mW.
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:09 am

I hadn't thought of that, since it is not designed to be a hand held unit. But I have often found when dealing with the "law" it is often left open to "interpretation" by the cops. I wager if you took it to a public area and started making a nuisance you would get fined for it, and it would likely be "confiscated".
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:14 am

Kaine wrote:I hadn't thought of that, since it is not designed to be a hand held unit. But I have often found when dealing with the "law" it is often left open to "interpretation" by the cops. I wager if you took it to a public area and started making a nuisance you would get fined for it, and it would likely be "confiscated".
    Pretty much. Much less likely to get into trouble for anything if you're being responsible.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 am

To share my personal experience....

I've managed to get rail-mounted laser devices (greater than 1mW) in to the country through importing, but success ratio is pretty poor. To date, I've had about 4 confiscated, and only 2 get through...

As for just standard laser pointer modules - same deal. I've had more confiscated by custom's than I've received. They don't make a big deal out of it, but it's just wasting money...

Cheers,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Cwc_lo10

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:12 am

This probably isn't of any help, but like Clunk imparted his experience I thought I'd do the same. I bought the full sized Dead Space replica plasma cutter, which comes with high powered green lasers inside it. When I bought it in the store the guy said they had essentially snuck it through customs, as it was illegal here and that I should not take it outside anywhere and use it, because if the police saw it I'd have it confiscated! O_o

I guess they really crack down on it here.. in the UK and Spain I could literally walk into a store and buy a laser pointer for a couple of pound / euros. Here it seems to be Single extra bright LEDs if looking for somewhat of a replacement.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:30 am

If you can get hold of a dummy one you could put a laser mod. inside it like this ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330495560200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I have two of these at home at the moment (one is mounted in a nerf red dot/light attachment).

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? IMG-20120212-WA0000

You can find them cheaper on extreme deals or another ebay supplier.
    I order two at a time and got away with it.
    Not sure what will happen next time : D
    Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 am

It does seem that the government is rather unnecessarily strict with things like this...
    natious

Post  natious Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:19 am

Bommah wrote:It does seem that the government is rather unnecessarily strict with things like this...

Well when someone hits you in the eye with a high powered laser you'll know why they are strict
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:42 am

... but Natious.. that's not a laser.... this is a laser....

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Kirt-2

Ahh Crocodile Dundee.. where would we be without that line lol
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 am

GirlyGamer wrote:... but Natious.. that's not a laser.... this is a laser....

Can anyone find a Laser LAM like this in Oz? Kirt-2

Ahh Crocodile Dundee.. where would we be without that line lol

LOL sweet ... well for being a smart ass that is your next project : D
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:52 am

LOL you know, the thought did cross my mind ;p
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:52 am

Ok so if you want to DIY a LAM project then you could buy this ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beta-Project-AN-PEQ-15-Battery-Box-Black-/170767464575?pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item27c288b87f

It's just a battery box for AEG Airsoft guns that looks like a LAM.
    It's cheap and customs won't take it off you.
    Hopefully you can mod the inside of it to fit your own laser and torch.

Hope this helps.
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 am

@|Shadow|

Yeah, I thought that this would be the way to go. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have purchased one of those battery boxes and plan to wire up a cheap laser/torch if possible. I will post my progress.

Thanks everyone for the helpful discussion.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 am

Yeah no problem but I would suggest getting that laser mod. i talked about in my earlier post.
    If you are handy with a soldiering iron its well worth it.

All you would need after getting that is a 2 bay AA or AAA battery holder and a small switch.
    Very easy to hook up.

Good luck with it, looking forward to sees what you come up with : )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:10 pm