Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+17
inf0rm3r
camo1010
mutzy
|Shadow|
mister_elliott
againstallodds
cfb_rolley
Luke
mavshot
JayDesu
False
frostythesnowman
Sheepie_125
natious
Photo Ninja
Bacara
Joey
21 posters

    Nerf parts and accessories.

    Poll

    Are there any custom nerf parts or accessories that you want but cant get cheap or at all?

    [ 38 ]
    Nerf parts and accessories. Bar_left97%Nerf parts and accessories. Bar_right [97%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Nerf parts and accessories. Bar_left3%Nerf parts and accessories. Bar_right [3%] 

    Total Votes: 39
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:10 pm

    So I am considering getting a 3d printer and opening up a small business printing off nerf parts and accessories for the Australian community.

    Just testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in this.

    Things will include:

    - Spare/replacement/modified parts for existing nerf guns. Not as strong as the metal ones but much cheaper (so spare BBBB triggers, etc)
    - Custom accessories. Like, for example; rail clip holder/dart holder, barrel spacer, iron sights, etc
    - Productions of anyone's designs for them to resell (with a commission to the designer too)
    - Possibilities are endless!
    - Doesn't have to be nerf stuff too!

    Anyways I am just testing the waters, if someone else is already doing this I don't want to tread on their turf, but if there is a potential market here I would like to get in on it and see what we can make.

    Let me know what you guys think, or just reply on the poll



    Last edited by Joey on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Bacara
    Bacara


    Posts : 216
    Join date : 2010-06-30
    Age : 27
    Location : Bomaderry/Nowra NSW

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Bacara Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:15 pm

    One I wouldn't mind is actually a replication of the nub for the boltsled on the longshot, complete with a nice large area for gluing onto brass.
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja


    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2011-03-26
    Age : 25
    Location : Ipswich, Queensland

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Photo Ninja Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:17 pm

    May sound silly but even replicating the LS boltsled will be great.
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:38 pm

    I don't believe 3D Printed parts would be strong enough for real world use, unless you can get different kinds of compounds. The 3D printer at uni used for rapid prototyping makes nice parts but if you look at them too hard they break lol
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm

    While it certainly is strong enough for triggers and internal locks and bits, I would advise against anything that takes the kind of force a longshot bolt-sled would.

    I have a friend with the model below the one I want to get, will be printing off some test stuff to test strength, but from what I have seen the stuff is on par with the plastic that comes in the nerf gun.

    Either way it is clear that strength isn't the key point but instead price and easy customization.

    External things like a nerf to standard gun rail holder adapter and the such would be cool. Possibly something similar to what those guys on kick-starter were going to make (clip and disc holders).

    Anyways the machine I want to get has been designed for practical things not prototypes so is probably a stronger (and albeit more expensive) material. Some things people have made include RC cars and quadcopters, which need to take on some damage!


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sheepie_125 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

    Big investment haha, would you print other items as well as your catalogue of Nerf stuff? (.stl files provided) I currently use a 3D print shop for various projects (ipod docks, spacers, threaded couplings etc...) printed in ABS and haven't had any issues yet, although I havent had any high stress parts...
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm

    Sheepie_125 wrote:Big investment haha, would you print other items as well as your catalogue of Nerf stuff? (.stl files provided) I currently use a 3D print shop for various projects (ipod docks, spacers, threaded couplings etc...) printed in ABS and haven't had any issues yet, although I havent had any high stress parts...

    If I do go ahead I would be more than happy to print of any designs people had and send it to them. Really I have a couple of other things that I think I could make some money back on the machine with to print too. More than just you nerf guys want custom stuff. I am not really looking to make money but instead want to try to make back the money on the machine, simply put it would be cool to own one and there is a ton of stuff I would love to make for myself.

    An yeah I do want to avoid the high stress parts, well anything that will take a large impact anyways, as long as it is designed well it should be able to take quite a bit of pressure, it is the impact and thus brittleness that I don't think it could take and thus probably not venture in to.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sheepie_125 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 pm

    Joey wrote:
    Sheepie_125 wrote:Big investment haha, would you print other items as well as your catalogue of Nerf stuff? (.stl files provided) I currently use a 3D print shop for various projects (ipod docks, spacers, threaded couplings etc...) printed in ABS and haven't had any issues yet, although I havent had any high stress parts...

    If I do go ahead I would be more than happy to print of any designs people had and send it to them. Really I have a couple of other things that I think I could make some money back on the machine with to print too. More than just you nerf guys want custom stuff. I am not really looking to make money but instead want to try to make back the money on the machine, simply put it would be cool to own one and there is a ton of stuff I would love to make for myself.

    An yeah I do want to avoid the high stress parts, well anything that will take a large impact anyways, as long as it is designed well it should be able to take quite a bit of pressure, it is the impact and thus brittleness that I don't think it could take and thus probably not venture in to.

    Haha yes it would be cool to own one, I was even thinking about one myself but I just can't justify the expense. If you do go ahead with it keep me in the loop with pricing etc as i still have a few more projects in mind (actually printing a new trigger for my drain blaster tomorrow)
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman


    Posts : 124
    Join date : 2011-07-03
    Age : 30
    Location : Mt Gravatt, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  frostythesnowman Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 am

    i have a great deal of interest in this actually. could be more of a business thing really.

    if you do end up buying one i and a group of people could have you quite busy for a while.
    Bacara
    Bacara


    Posts : 216
    Join date : 2010-06-30
    Age : 27
    Location : Bomaderry/Nowra NSW

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Bacara Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 am

    Tactical rail iron sights maybe? Although definitely barrel spacers or turret guides for making custom turrets and other things like that, kinda like the sorrowx turrets that were available for a little while.
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 am

    what would be the maximum size of part you could make?
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:22 pm

    natious wrote:what would be the maximum size of part you could make?

    The printer platform of the one I am looking at is a bit bigger than a loaf of bread. So pretty huge. The machine I am looking at is quite damn expensive, but it should deliver much better quality than the cheaper ones. Not to mention with a platform that big I can print of tons of parts at once.

    I will be deciding soon, though it will take up to 8 weeks to arrive so I will wait till it arrives to open up shop.

    But yes, response has been great so far, certainly is nudging me towards getting one. Going to get a bit more info before I decide to go for it but it is looking pretty certain so far.

    Bacara wrote:Tactical rail iron sights maybe? Although definitely barrel spacers or turret guides for making custom turrets and other things like that, kinda like the sorrowx turrets that were available for a little while.

    Also great ideas!


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    False
    False


    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2010-04-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gold Coast, Queensland.

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  False Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 pm

    A Nerf rail attachment that has another rail on top of it, that accepts standard 20mm attachments like red dot sights would be pretty cool... (But only if they were cheaper than the ones BT sell)
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  JayDesu Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:05 pm

    Aren't you looking at like $11,000 for one? ._.

    There are non-Nerf related objects I may need... What would your modeling file need to be? I'd have to get back into the 3D Model making by the sounds of it... And how much are you looking to charge for... lets say, said trigger (hypothetically of course)?
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm

    Joey wrote:
    natious wrote:what would be the maximum size of part you could make?

    The printer platform of the one I am looking at is a bit bigger than a loaf of bread. So pretty huge. The machine I am looking at is quite damn expensive, but it should deliver much better quality than the cheaper ones. Not to mention with a platform that big I can print of tons of parts at once.


    Also great ideas!

    thats awesome, im quite handy at 3d modelling so i'd love to design a blaster shell, do you think that the compound you use would be strong enough for that? It would use plumbing internals to keep things cheap/easy
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sheepie_125 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 pm

    JayDesu wrote:Aren't you looking at like $11,000 for one? ._.

    You can get them from about $1700, for desktop ones but then you have to get all the accessories too which brings small 3D printers to around $2k.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm

    False wrote:A Nerf rail attachment that has another rail on top of it, that accepts standard 20mm attachments like red dot sights would be pretty cool... (But only if they were cheaper than the ones BT sell)

    Yes rail to rail would be cool. I assume you mean this one http://black-tactical.com/store/weapon-accessories-foam-gun-parts-c-69_30/xplorer-xra-nerf-to-picatinny-rail-converter-p-3185 ?
    Lets see they are $22AUD+shipping which I belive would be more than local shipping. Though they are also metal (well they look metal, are they, does anyone know?) which makes them stronger. I could certainly make them cheaper at most $12 (for the pair) from my calculations, plus shipping would be peanuts being in Australia.

    JayDesu wrote:Aren't you looking at like $11,000 for one? ._.

    There are non-Nerf related objects I may need... What would your modeling file need to be? I'd have to get back into the 3D Model making by the sounds of it... And how much are you looking to charge for... lets say, said trigger (hypothetically of course)?

    The one I am looking at is only $2,000. Not sure what modelling file it will be as I haven't decided on a model but chances are I can convert from a wide variety.

    As for charging it all comes down to the amount of plastic the item uses. Charging would be based off the weight of the product + small commission for me to help pay off the machine and for the time spent. Right now it costs roughly $80/kg of plastic (after shipping), with a wide variety of colors. I would most likely get white, green, yellow and orange to try to match the nerf colors. This is where it gets hard to compete with some stuff if the tooling is made. Then have to factor in paying off the machine, wear and tear and the time I have to put in to it all. Still I should be able to compete with almost all prices I have seen.

    But assuming that the trigger is relativity light it should be $4-$8, with like 20c shipping in an envelope :p

    natious wrote:thats awesome, im quite handy at 3d modelling so i'd love to design a blaster shell, do you think that the compound you use would be strong enough for that? It would use plumbing internals to keep things cheap/easy

    I would advise against something big like a blaster shell. This is great for parts, but something that uses a ton of plastic will cost you more than it is worth. You are much better off getting raw materials and using those to build a shell. The real advantage of this thing is that I can build small custom parts to the exact mm.

    As for barrel spacers I am not sure if I can make them at the exact same price, by my calcuations they could be $2-$3 more. However they can be colored and have embedded logos/names. So there is that.


    Last edited by Joey on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 pm

    Joey wrote:
    False wrote:A Nerf rail attachment that has another rail on top of it, that accepts standard 20mm attachments like red dot sights would be pretty cool... (But only if they were cheaper than the ones BT sell)

    Yes rail to rail would be cool. I assume you mean this one http://black-tactical.com/store/weapon-accessories-foam-gun-parts-c-69_30/xplorer-xra-nerf-to-picatinny-rail-converter-p-3185 ?
    Lets see they are $22AUD+shipping which I belive would be more than local shipping. Though they are also metal (well they look metal, are they, does anyone know?) which makes them stronger. I could certainly make them cheaper at most $12 (for the pair) from my calculations, plus shipping would be peanuts being in Australia.

    JayDesu wrote:Aren't you looking at like $11,000 for one? ._.

    There are non-Nerf related objects I may need... What would your modeling file need to be? I'd have to get back into the 3D Model making by the sounds of it... And how much are you looking to charge for... lets say, said trigger (hypothetically of course)?

    The one I am looking at is only $2,000. Not sure what modelling file it will be as I haven't decided on a model but chances are I can convert from a wide variety.

    As for charging it all comes down to the amount of plastic the item uses. Charging would be based off the weight of the product + small commission for me to help pay off the machine and for the time spent. Right now it costs roughly $80/kg of plastic (after shipping), with a wide variety of colors. I would most likely get white, green, yellow and orange to try to match the nerf colors. This is where it gets hard to compete with some stuff if the tooling is made.

    But assuming that the trigger is relativity light it should be $4-$8, with like 20c shipping in an envelope :p

    natious wrote:thats awesome, im quite handy at 3d modelling so i'd love to design a blaster shell, do you think that the compound you use would be strong enough for that? It would use plumbing internals to keep things cheap/easy

    I would advise against something big like a blaster shell. This is great for parts, but something that uses a ton of plastic will cost you more than it is worth. You are much better off getting raw materials and using those to build a shell. The real advantage of this thing is that I can build small custom parts to the exact mm.

    I'd be willing to pay if i could have my own mass effect replica blaster that shoots darts <3, if it does go through you can always quote me
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:31 pm

    natious wrote:
    I'd be willing to pay if i could have my own mass effect replica blaster that shoots darts <3, if it does go through you can always quote me

    Mmmmm mass effect replica. Really this is why GirlyGamer should do them, anything she makes will look far batter than what I can print off :p

    Though realistically no-one can afford a standard Australian rate for labor (at least $20/hr) which is the real problem.

    Luckily for this I am not interested in making money on labor by instead paying the machine back.

    Also this might be of interest to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmZCIrDD8pA&feature=player_embedded


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:35 pm

    Joey wrote:
    natious wrote:
    I'd be willing to pay if i could have my own mass effect replica blaster that shoots darts <3, if it does go through you can always quote me

    Mmmmm mass effect replica. Really this is why GirlyGamer should do them, anything she makes will look far batter than what I can print off :p

    Though realistically no-one can afford a standard Australian rate for labor (at least $20/hr) which is the real problem.

    Luckily for this I am not interested in making money on labor by instead paying the machine back.

    Also this might be of interest to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmZCIrDD8pA&feature=player_embedded

    Yeh i saw that, but at $650 a pop +shipping, +not knowing if customs will keep it as i believe it has some metal parts, its not worth the risk

    But i can guarantee that if i modelled the blaster, it would look exactly like that replica.

    Anyways good luck if you decide to get the gear.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:59 pm

    [quote="natious"][quote="Joey"]
    natious wrote:
    Yeh i saw that, but at $650 a pop +shipping, +not knowing if customs will keep it as i believe it has some metal parts, its not worth the risk

    But i can guarantee that if i modelled the blaster, it would look exactly like that replica.

    Anyways good luck if you decide to get the gear.

    $650, ouch. Better off getitng one from this guy http://www.bioweapons.com/N7armor.htm and the armor :p


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  JayDesu Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:26 pm

    Joey wrote:

    JayDesu wrote:Aren't you looking at like $11,000 for one? ._.

    There are non-Nerf related objects I may need... What would your modeling file need to be? I'd have to get back into the 3D Model making by the sounds of it... And how much are you looking to charge for... lets say, said trigger (hypothetically of course)?

    The one I am looking at is only $2,000. Not sure what modelling file it will be as I haven't decided on a model but chances are I can convert from a wide variety.

    As for charging it all comes down to the amount of plastic the item uses. Charging would be based off the weight of the product + small commission for me to help pay off the machine and for the time spent. Right now it costs roughly $80/kg of plastic (after shipping), with a wide variety of colors. I would most likely get white, green, yellow and orange to try to match the nerf colors. This is where it gets hard to compete with some stuff if the tooling is made.

    But assuming that the trigger is relativity light it should be $4-$8, with like 20c shipping in an envelope :p


    Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sold
    mavshot
    mavshot


    Posts : 147
    Join date : 2010-07-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Sydney

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  mavshot Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm

    I am very intrested in some bigblast triggers and custom barrel spacers.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 pm

    What 3dmodelling/CAD software does everyone like to use?

    I have quite a bit of experience with 3d modelling for digital assets and a little bit of CAD knowledge so wondering what would be easiest there.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sheepie_125 Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:54 am

    I'm an Inventor man, but most 3D printers seem to like .stl files which is easy enough to export to from Inventor.
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 am

    I started doing some research on this, have you thought about building your own printer? There is the reprap and makerbot models. Both come in kits or you can source the materials on your own.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 am

    natious wrote:I started doing some research on this, have you thought about building your own printer? There is the reprap and makerbot models. Both come in kits or you can source the materials on your own.

    Yeah I have looked in to other machines, while the reprap is cool I CBF sourcing the parts and putting it together then dealing with the headaches of getting it to work. Plus the machine I want to get has a much better extruder than most repraps and the option for duel extruder (which I will probably go for).

    I will however be happy to print off parts for other people if they want to build their own reprap.


    Sheepie_125 wrote:I'm an Inventor man, but most 3D printers seem to like .stl files which is easy enough to export to from Inventor.

    Yeah I have started to play with google sketchup just today which seems alright, would love something that is a bit more 'technical'. So I might give inventor a whirl, but I would rather use open source/freeware.

    And yes .stl files will be what I am using but being such a common and easy to make format now most things will export to it.

    I have done up a quick prototype for a nerf to 22mm rail converter, will be using a friend's machine to print it off and go from there.

    Also what kind of iron sights would people like? Link me to some pictures and I will see what I can do up


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sheepie_125 Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 am

    You don't happen to be studying anything at the moment do you? Autodesk give free "educational" copies of their software to students.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 am

    Sheepie_125 wrote:You don't happen to be studying anything at the moment do you? Autodesk give free "educational" copies of their software to students.

    Just finished my studies last year, though arguably you can't use the student version for commercial means, which gets a bit grey when you are designing things to sell.

    No matter if I am really desperate for it I will find a way to 'acquire' it, though what I have so far seems to do the trick


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Luke
    Luke


    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Luke Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 am

    I use 3ds Max for 3d modelling, Its complicated but great to use.
    http://south-apac.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=14489208&siteID=1157326
    JayDesu
    JayDesu


    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Sydney

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  JayDesu Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 am

    Luke wrote:I use 3ds Max for 3d modelling, Its complicated but great to use.
    http://south-apac.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=14489208&siteID=1157326
    I second this actually
    avatar
    natious


    Posts : 145
    Join date : 2011-11-06
    Age : 35
    Location : melbourne

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  natious Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm

    max is wak, i use maya the industry standard. though the non-destructive modelling nature of 3ds is great
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley


    Posts : 254
    Join date : 2011-10-16
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  cfb_rolley Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 pm

    I have AutoCAD 2011, which can save to .stl directly and I'm pretty handy with 3d stuff in acad so if you need spmething when you get your printer, hit me up.
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125


    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2011-12-28
    Age : 36
    Location : Greenslopes, Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sheepie_125 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:07 pm

    cfb_rolley wrote:I have AutoCAD 2011, which can save to .stl directly and I'm pretty handy with 3d stuff in acad so if you need spmething when you get your printer, hit me up.

    You're a patient man haha
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley


    Posts : 254
    Join date : 2011-10-16
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  cfb_rolley Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm

    Sheepie_125 wrote:
    cfb_rolley wrote:I have AutoCAD 2011, which can save to .stl directly and I'm pretty handy with 3d stuff in acad so if you need spmething when you get your printer, hit me up.

    You're a patient man haha

    Hahaha. Yes. Been doing acad on and off since 2002 and i still haven't learned everything. Let's just say it still throws a lot of senseless errors...

    Sponsored content


    Nerf parts and accessories. Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:03 am