Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+17
inf0rm3r
camo1010
mutzy
|Shadow|
mister_elliott
againstallodds
cfb_rolley
Luke
mavshot
JayDesu
False
frostythesnowman
Sheepie_125
natious
Photo Ninja
Bacara
Joey
21 posters

Nerf parts and accessories.

Poll

Are there any custom nerf parts or accessories that you want but cant get cheap or at all?

[ 38 ]
    Nerf parts and accessories. - Page 3 Bar_left97%Nerf parts and accessories. - Page 3 Bar_right [97%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Nerf parts and accessories. - Page 3 Bar_left3%Nerf parts and accessories. - Page 3 Bar_right [3%] 

Total Votes: 39
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Nerf parts and accessories. - Page 3 Empty Re: Nerf parts and accessories.

Post  Swatsonia Thu May 10, 2012 6:01 pm

On the topic of 3d printed vortex discs:

Will not work. One of our WA guys tried, and they are horrible in performance and accuracy, due to the friction and weight.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Swatsonia wrote:On the topic of 3d printed vortex discs:

Will not work. One of our WA guys tried, and they are horrible in performance and accuracy, due to the friction and weight.

Good to know!
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125

Post  Sheepie_125 Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 am

Sweet! I'd better get modelling - I've got a project that I've been waiting to start until your printer arrived.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 am

the length of the rails you printed for your ACOG would be just right if they were one piece instead of 2 separate. my EOTECH has only one screw but i want it supported by more more then just the 3 lugs.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am

frostythesnowman wrote:the length of the rails you printed for your ACOG would be just right if they were one piece instead of 2 separate. my EOTECH has only one screw but i want it supported by more more then just the 3 lugs.

Okay well I will see what I can do up. Still not 100% happy with my prototype rail as it can slip down the rail. I probably need to get my hands on some larger thumb screws or something. Tempted to change the design a little to take advantage of the ridges that all nerf rails have to hold it in place even better. They are roughly the same size and spacing on every gun aren't they?

Is putting two of them next to each other an issue or does it have to be one long one? Not sure what how high I can print it but will be a fun experiment anyways!
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Fri May 11, 2012 10:55 am

Joey wrote:
    frostythesnowman wrote:the length of the rails you printed for your ACOG would be just right if they were one piece instead of 2 separate. my EOTECH has only one screw but i want it supported by more more then just the 3 lugs.

Okay well I will see what I can do up. Still not 100% happy with my prototype rail as it can slip down the rail. I probably need to get my hands on some larger thumb screws or something. Tempted to change the design a little to take advantage of the ridges that all nerf rails have to hold it in place even better. They are roughly the same size and spacing on every gun aren't they?

Is putting two of them next to each other an issue or does it have to be one long one? Not sure what how high I can print it but will be a fun experiment anyways!

The Longshot rail is in reverse, only has one stopper about 3/4 way along (almost under the rail clip) and the attachment is fitted from the rear.

The only others i know of are ...
    The Top rails of Recon Front barrel and Long Strike Front barrel (rear fit/attach).
    The side rails of the Rayven and Stampede (rear fit/attach).

All the other and recent Nerf blasters (As far as i know) the attachment slides from font to back with one or two stoppers.

frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Joey wrote:

it might i would really have to have a look at it first
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 am

frostythesnowman wrote:
    Joey wrote:

it might i would really have to have a look at it first

I will have to get your hands on a prototype after I make some then, see what you think
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 am

maybe if the rail was 6 pieces long, it would give a nice length and stable base to mount sights on.

as for securing it to the rail. if it was 2 piece and had notches along the inside of the nerf rail slide to lock onto the rail stoppers already on the nerf gun rails. (if you know what i mean). then its a simple matter of screwing the 2 halves together where ever you want it positioned.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 pm

frostythesnowman wrote:maybe if the rail was 6 pieces long, it would give a nice length and stable base to mount sights on.

as for securing it to the rail. if it was 2 piece and had notches along the inside of the nerf rail slide to lock onto the rail stoppers already on the nerf gun rails. (if you know what i mean). then its a simple matter of screwing the 2 halves together where ever you want it positioned.

Yes I had thought the same thing, hopefully it will work well when printed out.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm

So I have gotten my printer and gotten it setup, I am now I understand the extent and limitations I can revisit this thread.

First off printing anything or large size and volume is generally not a great idea. The larger the base the more chance it has of one of the sides not sticking, causing the corner to be warped and out of shape. I will be looking in to fixing this by tweaking the machine a bit but for now that seems to be the biggest limitation. Otherwise I now have raft-less printing down to a fine art I believe, providing a much faster and less wasteful print with a smooth finish on one side it is the way to go, of course not everything can be raft-less but those things that can do benefit from it.

I have been working on prototypes and plan to release a whole range of things in the next week or two so stay tuned I should be open for orders soon. Those who want to print off custom stuff feel free to contact me any time to talk about it and we can work something out.

Otherwise I am looking forward to releasing some great products at an affordable price that I hope you guys will enjoy and from there hopefully getting some good feedback and using that to improve and make new things. The sky is the limit here.

Also here are the 5 colors I have, I will be looking at getting some more down the track:
    Nerf parts and accessories. - Page 3 5colorsSM
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Looks good
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125

Post  Sheepie_125 Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 am

Damn I'm not finished modeling yet - I'll PM or facebook you when I'm done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 am