Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Luke
Sairex
|Shadow|
Zandor
8 posters

Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo

Zandor
    Zandor

Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo Empty Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo

Post  Zandor Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Just wanting some advice / info at this stage. Basically I'm making two custom blasters that use the same Giant / Rev dart that the Lanard X-Stream Air Hand Cannon uses (see websites below for reference)

http://nerfipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hand_Cannon
    http://nerfipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rev_Shot_Dart

Before you ask: "Why bother with this ammo? Just use normal darts / stefans" ... the two problems are it's for looks and functionality, as well as being War Legal for where I Nerf.

I've tried searching many online shops, but aside from India-only eBay, or from the Lanard website themselves (which is US and Canada only shipping)... I can't seem to track them down. I even went into my local Toy World, which sell the Hand Cannons... but won't order the dart refills in. They also said since it's not a popular line, it's only something they'd order in once, maybe twice a year (*cough*wtf*cough*)

ANYWHO! I'm basically asking:

- Does anyone know where I could easily purchase more of these? (I need lots x_x as many as I can)
    - Does anyone HAVE this type of dart they could sell to me? (PM me if this is the case)
    - If the above two points are negative, could anyone recommend where I could go to get foam same diameter foam (2.4cm) or any other suggestions on how to make similar replicas?

I'm going to try my local Foam World and see what they have... but last time I went in they didn't have much, and being in Tassie I either don't have many other stores the mainland does, or don't know where else to look...

Thanks for the help in advance.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo Empty Re: Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo

Post  |Shadow| Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Do you have like a clake rubber over there or a place that sleep swimming pool gear?
    Maybe you could getting some pool noodles and using a hole saw to make them?

I think someone on this forum made is own missiles/rockets out of pool noodles.

Sairex
    Sairex

Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo Empty Re: Trying to find/make X-Stream Air Giant Dart ammo

Post  Sairex Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:36 pm

from what i remember reading those darts were 1 inch thick. therefore getting 1 inch foam backer rod should do the trick to make custom darts.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:15 am

How many do you need? I may be able to source a few packets.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 am

@Flippy: Sadly Tassie does not have a Clark Rubber here. I'd have to deal with a VIC store which might be a bit messy... Pool noodles are a good idea but on the proviso I find a suitable hole saw and if it works :S

@Sairex: I fortunately have a couple of the darts left, but they are not quite 1 inch thick; 24mm just shy of 25.4mm in an inch :S however if it really comes to it, I'll either try to get some and... I guess 'sand' it down to fit, or just remake my whole barrel assembly to fit 1" FBR.

@Luke: I pretty much need as many as I can get / afford :S but for numbers sake at least 30. I think they usually / used to come in packs of 8, so 4 packs would be 32 darts.
    It just depends on how many I can actually get and how much they are. I'd rather try and stock up for the long term and not worry too much about losing them... or at least until I find a way to make them myself and replenish my supplies xD

Thanks for the help so far guys =)
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

25mm foam backer rod will work, I believe it's available at bunnings, but you'll have to resort to big ass hot glue domes, because I doubt informer would make silicone tips that size =P Now that I think of it, you could maybe use 3 or 4 sili tips on the end of the dart.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:12 pm

You would just buy the 25mm foam and stretch it I do that will my 13mm to get it to about 12.5.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 am

Still having difficulty trying to get either the X-stream darts, or even 1" diameter round foam (FBR)

Does anyone know if Bunnings / Mitre 10 would have something similar? Going to try some local plumbing shops on my day off on Wednesday to see what I find, might try out the hardware stores too...

Other than that... anyone else got any ideas or suggestions?

*Edit* looking through the 'sourcing materials' thread now...
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 am

I have some/(can get if you want more than I have to sell) one inch white foam if you want some.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:00 pm

@Kat: Cheers, I'll PM you for more info
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:59 am

25mm eh? If you can get a thinwall metal pipe that size just sharpen one end and stab a pool noodle with it.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:13 am

That might be a good back-up plan, but for now Kat is on the case

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:09 pm