Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries?

TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries? Empty Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries?

Post  TylerMaxwell Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 pm

So I ordered 4 UltraFire 3.7 Volt Batteries off eBay just to try out, and low and behold a few days before I get them I get Clunk's Stampede in the Mail, his work is truly amazing, but I'll leave a review on his thread later.

I ordered 4 UltraFire's off eBay from Hong Kong, SIX days later, they arrived in a little package. If you ever need cheap high voltage batteries order from these guys

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280781197091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

3.29 for 2, super fast delivery, and they work great!

So,
    I put 4 UltraFire's in my Rayven, It nearly shook itself off my desk haha, so I took out 2 put in 2 1.5's and 2 3.7's, wow...it's gone from 25 foot shots and a 1 second wait time for the 2nd shot to go anywhere close to the same range, to 45-60 ranges with no stopping time, the Rayven has turned into my favorite side arm now, at the Next War I think people won't like me very much. I'll be turning up with a Clunk Stampede and a High to Hell Voltage Rayven!

So, I had 2 spare UltraFires, I pick up my Barricade that can't even fire stingers, stick 2 UltraFire's and 1 Normal in there...It's officially my new favorite Hand gun...50 ft flat, no jamming no stop time...These batteries have FIXED any problem with FlyWheel Blasters! I'm ecstatic my Rayven and Barricade have other uses besides being unconvential and newer blasters that look cool. If you're ever in need of cheap batteries get these babies.

If this thread has essentially already been made then woops my bad.
    evozn
    evozn

Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries? Empty Re: Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries?

Post  evozn Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Isn't mixing these high voltage batteries with standard 1.5 volts dangerous?

Edit: And according to the link you posted, you bought protected ones, they don't work in the stampede due to low discharge rates (from memory). You have to get unprotected ones.
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries? Empty Re: Who else is experiencing the love of UltraFire Batteries?

Post  TylerMaxwell Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Is it dangerous? well then I'm an idiot. Hahaha I probably should of googled this, I'll buy some "dumbie" batteries when I get the spare cash.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

It burns out the 1.5v aa battery quickly if you use them with ultrafires, or something around those lines.
    False
    False

Post  False Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Wire or aluminium foil between the two battery terminals make for nice dummy cells.
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 am

Oh so I'm not an idiot then haha just inefficient, that's not so bad I suppose, thanks for the advice.

evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:32 am

I think by mixing them, they could leak and/or explode
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:38 am

I just want to point out that the battery's he bought are PROTECTED, (You won't be able to use these in a Stampede with 9kg springs)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:36 am