Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+19
mavshot
oznerfnerd
Samurai
camo1010
Nsnerfing
mister_elliott
Eclipse
Zandor
sniperdude49
clunk07
Jeo
natious
IamWaylander
LostBoy
Photo Ninja
holdentem
Johnnus
TylerMaxwell
evozn
23 posters

How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby

evozn
    evozn

How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby Empty How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby

Post  evozn Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:19 am

Since I've started nerf I have had to get many items and I have broken a fair bit off them, so I was wondering how many tools, blasters you have broken since starting, by broken blasters I don't mean buying it and stripping it, I mean it breaking on you and you throw it in the parts bin.
    Me tho.
    4x hot glue guns
    1x rotary tool
    1x Shotblast
    1x Airzone crossbow
    1x NF

EDIT: Post left over parts if you want, you might find a nice trade deal.

Shotblast shell and pump
    Entire Airzone crossbow. I mainly knocked a pin that kept the bungee in place and it can't be re-attatched.

Last edited by evozn on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby Empty Re: How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby

Post  TylerMaxwell Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 am

My First Mod Project me and my Dad worked on was a Maverick, he took out the AR's, did a spring stretch, Barrel Mod, etc. When I flew back to QLD I did a black body spray with gold cocking handle, trigger and barrel, looked good until I overdid the paint and the gun barely worked, It's in pieces in my Nerf Parts Box because I broke it, another was my Alpha Trooper, tried to remove the AR's but when I put it back together the thing wouldn't fire more than 10 feet, wierd, still have the drum though.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby Empty Re: How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby

Post  Johnnus Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:59 am

2*Hot glue guns (they were el cheapo and shorted out or something)
    2*Secret Strikes (they suck, both got air leaks after some time)
    1*Reflex (unsuccessful AR removal)
    1*Tek 3 (broke the turret after opening, cbf fixing so just stripped for parts)
    1*Kool Zums blaster (tried rebarreling but it still sucked, so killed it for parts)

Luckily nothing big broken, but I did have a scare with my Recon when it was terrible (I managed to fix it).
    holdentem
    holdentem

Post  holdentem Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 am

My list of broken things is quite large..
    Longshot
    Titan
    BBBB x 2
    Recon
    Nite finder
    Maverick
    Quadshot
    Proton
    Hornet
    and I had a gluegun burst into flames last year.
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 am

LOL I have broken one blaster in my nerfing career. Ironically it was the one I didn't open up (the magnum).
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:36 am

-2 NF's
    -2 Double Shots
    -1 Recon
    -1 Shotblast
    -3 Secret strikes
    -1 LSFG
    -1 Hacksaw blade
    -1 Maverick
    -1 Bike Pump (Was in the shotblast, but broke somehow)
    -1 Stanley Knife blade.
    IamWaylander
    IamWaylander

Post  IamWaylander Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 am

Recon plunger tube... After using a really powerful spring. Hopefully it'll be the first and last breakage.
    natious

Post  natious Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 am

one hot glue stick i left in the sun, thats about it.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 am

Raider, Recon, Longshot, RapidFire, NiteFinder are the first ones that come to mind, but I'm sure there's many more.
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 pm

So any one got spare LongShot parts? I may be willing to purchase off you guys.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Honestly, I'd have to say I've destroyed somewhere around 15 blaster's - fortunately, none of them expensive. Haven't broken any tooling though.

I have destroyed a couple of LShot parts, RP plunger tubes, and various other parts all in the search for obscenely high spring loads...

Cheers,
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 am

I have probbably broken about 13-18 blasters dont really care either still got my good guns!
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 am

My brothers Recon plunger system... First mod fail
    One Longshot plunger system.... Didnt do maintenance properly, ruined it in following Nerf war due to incorrect internal placement
    An Alpha Trooper shell cracked open putting too much pressure on it on my modding desk...
    Two Hornets internals (semi intentional since they kinda sucked...pushed them too far without knowing wtf I was doing, both sprung a leak)
    Three Secret Strike AS1s
    One red Scout (priming bar fail)
    Five NF shells ruined including three of the internals
    Four Spectre shells ruined including two sets of internals
    Hand Cannon internals missing during house move
    One rotary cutting tool due to plastibond dust getting into the motor, setting and jamming it to death
    A few BuzzBee tiny tripleshot....things... All of the priming mechs broke
    A BBUMB butchered for a recent project which although may not count, it was stripped enough for me to consider it 'no longer a BBUMB, just a pile of plastic scrap'
    Sacrificed a Maverick that a friend gave me with a botched paint job to salvage a neighbors one
    Three Longshot Front guns failed to mod for improvement, ruined the internals

...and Im pretty sure there are plenty more nerf graves hiding in boxes in my new evil Nerf Modding shed of Doom :p... But they dont count since they were intentionally chopped up and stripped with success.... Not botched amd ruined like the above list :s
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:01 am

I've screwed up one NF and 3 Mavs... And one hot glue gun. I think that's it. I really haven't failed much, although some guns are a bit ghetto.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:40 am

Just an AT dart door, idk lol. 4b tank got chopped before i figured out what i'd do with it, so it's 'kinda' broken/waiting for a buyer.
    Nsnerfing
    Nsnerfing

Post  Nsnerfing Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 am

About ten..
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I have broken:
    2xBlasters
    8xDrill bits
    2xStands
    Samurai
    Samurai

Post  Samurai Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:10 pm

3 blasters
    2 Dremel cutting discs.
    That is all, hopefully there won't be anymore.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 pm

I must admit,

I just totally wrecked a nicely modded and very reliable Stampede, while trying to make a full length dart sealed breach for it.

Totally fingered, I'm afraid...
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 pm

As the gnomes over in America would say:

CUT 'ER OPEN
    JUNK THE PARTS
    MOVE ON

Hahaha, but really that sucks OzNerd, I'd be pissed.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

I broke a maverick and 2 nitefinders I also have scraped 2 bbumb for parts and have a spare recon shell from a freind who failed moding it.
    ashrob
    ashrob

How many 'x' have you wrecked/destroyed throughout this hobby Empty what have you broken when pursuing this hobby?

Post  ashrob Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:39 am

Hmm:
    nitefinder
    2 mavericks
    raider
    recon
    barricade
    buzzbee doble shot, RFT, and belt blaster,
    longshot
    stampede
    longbow

4 dremel disks
    dremel cone sanding piece

it's all sitting in by box of 'spare parts'
    (For sale BTW)

Lt. Jourdi la Forge

Post  Lt. Jourdi la Forge Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 am

TylerMaxwell wrote:My First Mod Project me and my Dad worked on was a Maverick, he took out the AR's, did a spring stretch, Barrel Mod, etc. When I flew back to QLD I did a black body spray with gold cocking handle, trigger and barrel, looked good until I overdid the paint and the gun barely worked, It's in pieces in my Nerf Parts Box because I broke it, another was my Alpha Trooper, tried to remove the AR's but when I put it back together the thing wouldn't fire more than 10 feet, wierd, still have the drum though.
    Hey mate it's funny you should say that, I have 3 Mavs and every single time I mod them, they break. The first one I painted black without sanding properly and I probably had the wrong sort of paint but it mucked ap all the externals/internals. I use it as a 'looks' gun now. The second i modded fairly basically, but that broke too. The third one - lets just say i haven't modded it much coz otherwise I won't have a maverick to play with. Anyway, I have also broken my Longstrike about twice, but fixed it each time.

EDIT: I recently fixed the black mav that i painted...now it works. That other one thought, still butchered. It's internals went to feed the black one. And then i cut the shell into 2. For no reason.

Last edited by Lt. Jourdi la Forge on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Becoz I wanted to. Problem?)
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:46 am

I am the ghetto lord. I have destroyed - LOTS OF EVERYTHING !!!!!!

Gooni
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:21 am

1 double shot,
    1 Nitefinder,
    1 maverick,
    1 recon,
    1 longshot for parts.

I think that all.
    Lt. Jourdi la Forge

Post  Lt. Jourdi la Forge Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 am

Gooni mate
    my guns look ghetto when i finish with them too... or whats left of them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am