Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
Joey
301HxC
ZeusPwns
7 posters

Would anyone be interested in this?

ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Would anyone be interested in this? Empty Would anyone be interested in this?

Post  ZeusPwns Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey guys.

So I recently got into a lot of costume-making things, and decided to take it a notch further by creating a prototype of this type of "armor". http://www.flickr.com/photos/29841691@N08/4970404498/lightbox/

Now, these will be for sale, and unfortunately, depending on my final product, and my expenses the final price may vary. But this will be "up there" in terms of pricing. Now I may decide to make other types of costumes regarding method and what-not but tomorrow I will buy my materials with my first prototype build. I may or may not keep this thread as a write up type thing.

Now, I know its a bit early, especially that I have nothing to offer as of yet, but would anyone here be interested in purchasing a set. Bear in mind these might be up to around $500. < Depending on quality, and cost of materials.

- Zeus
    301HxC
    301HxC

Would anyone be interested in this? Empty Re: Would anyone be interested in this?

Post  301HxC Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:47 pm

this armor look good but you may have some troubles of "conception" with the "hard" part (because it musn't prevent from doing some moves) it make me think of the "storm trooper" armor ... so cool but can't be used "in game"
    Joey
    Joey

Would anyone be interested in this? Empty Re: Would anyone be interested in this?

Post  Joey Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:58 pm

All depends on how good your final product looks. Not many people would be willing to stick down $500 on someone without credibility.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 pm

301HxC wrote:this armor look good but you may have some troubles of "conception" with the "hard" part (because it musn't prevent from doing some moves) it make me think of the "storm trooper" armor ... so cool but can't be used "in game"

Well I have done my research, and have got an idea of what to do. Storm trooper is a good idea!

Joey wrote:All depends on how good your final product looks. Not many people would be willing to stick down $500 on someone without credibility.

Exactly, that's exactly how I would feel too, so thats why today or possibly tomorrow I will start on a prototype build.

Hopefully all goes well.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:28 am

foam armoring is alot harder then it looks. if you need tips on doing it check out http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28434-Foam-Armoring for more information on how to do it.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 am

Yea it is a challenge to make stuff like that from scratch. But by all means go for it. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:29 am

That armor is made from EVA Foam (below - basically those puzzle floor mat things). Its a mix of papercraft and foaming. I have the writeup somewhere at home (currently at work).

Would anyone be interested in this? Interl10

Basically you cut, heat, bend/mould and hotglue. Problem is it isn't as sturdy as you'd hope because of the glued joints (cant roll, crawl, without the fear of it falling apart).

Don't get me wrong - I'm not detering you from making it, I would support you and say "Go for it!" as I would love to see your end result (I do props myself every now and then and promote anyone to do so ) but it is a lot of time and dedication to get even 1 together.

Check out RPF (replicapropforum not the-rpf) and see their handy work for amor builds, billiant stuff but still not battle ready in terms of durability.

Last edited by JayDesu on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed an apostrophe)
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 am

ZeusPwns wrote:Now, these will be for sale,

ZeusPwns wrote:I have nothing to offer

Oh yew!
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:39 am

You could use it to make a mold then maybe make one out of fibre glass. The only issue is that you will need to custom make each one to suit the buyer

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:52 pm