Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :(

WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :( Empty Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :(

Post  WH1PLA5H Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:10 pm

OK, I will try to keep it short, sharp and shiney but still give the info needed

Mods:
    - 11.1v or 14.8v Lipo
    - AR Removed
    - Safey's removed
    - OMW 6kilo Spring / Serv's 12kilo Spring
    - Resealed Plunger
    - Sealed Plunger head (pin hole vent)

Back story:

Over the past month I have built 3 Stampedes up, all the same, one is "minimized" - Pic and the other two are full sized.

PROBLEM:
    After detroying the part where the dart feeds into (front section of the plunger) on the weekend, i took out the plunger, battery and threw them into my other full sized stamp. However, both of them, compared to the latest build I did (on sat morning) fires like crap! My bro inlaws was good, really good. I think my minized stamp was that good to start with but after i destoryed the gears the other week and then after this weekend its just not as good.

At the moment 2 out of 3 bullets fire badly or dont even leave the barrel, they sit one bullet length from the clip. IT SUCKS. Some fire great, but most are just a waste of battery power.

Today I have pulled the full sized stamp apart that many times trying to trouble shoot it i am at a loss.

So, lets here some ideas. I am all for them.

THANKS!!!
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :( Empty Re: Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :(

Post  Dietzie Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Have you padded the plunger? If so the padding may have dislodged and be sitting in the front of the tube. Had this happen to me.
    If not that test the plunger assembly out of the blaster by removing the springs and just pushing the plunger i fast with a dart loaded

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    To grow old is inevitable
    To grow up is optional
    Adult member of the NIC: I PLAY WITH TOY GUNS AND I VOTE

Trying to bring organized wars to the Fraser Coast

Facebook: Knownas Dietzie. Find me through Brisbane Nerf Group or Fraser Coast Nerf Group
    Jeo
    Jeo

Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :( Empty Re: Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :(

Post  Jeo Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Bolt return spring?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Way too much spring load...

Cheers,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :( Cwc_lo10

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:41 am

Do you mean your running that stampede with both the 6 and the 12kg springs at the same time? If so then there is your problem.
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 am

OK,

Here is the solution. I actually did remove the dart gate, the swing section that has the retention spring on it, not the bit that goes up and down, however that is back in place, that might have had something minor to do with it HOWEVER my bro inlaw was over when I came home, with his stampede so i pulled them both apart and quickly found that his plunger seal was no where near as tight as mine, so mine was too tight (yet didnt actually seem to be). His seemed VERY lose by comparison however it obviously works very well.

After removing some of the teflon tape, mines firing better, his still fires that bit better then mine but i noticed that the 1st quarter to one third of his plunger travel is loser then the rest so i think hes getting a quicker action. My internals of the plunger tube are consistant dimensions, his seems to get a bit smaller the closer to the end of the travel you go (remember, that his internals, were actually MINE from my 1st stampede I brought). I will be pulling mine back apart for painting in a day or two so I might take half a wrap of teflon tape off and see if that helps again to get just a tad quicker action, however for now its working again - YAY.

Glad it was a simple fix, very annoying but meh. Going to town tomorrow afterwork, going to get a another 11.1v lipo (to replace my 14.8v lipo) and up the capacity probably. That will help extend the life also I hope.

Servulus wrote:Do you mean your running that stampede with both the 6 and the 12kg springs at the same time? If so then there is your problem.

No, i fluctuated with both springs, wondering if one was the problem.

Dietzie wrote:Have you padded the plunger? If so the padding may have dislodged and be sitting in the front of the tube. Had this happen to me.
    If not that test the plunger assembly out of the blaster by removing the springs and just pushing the plunger i fast with a dart loaded

Yes, plunger has been padded. No dislogment, all still where its meant to be.

Jeo wrote:Bolt return spring?

Nope, thats all working as expected.

clunk07 wrote:Way too much spring load...

Cheers,
    If that was the case, then both Stamps would be having the same problem.

---------------------

Thanks for your input tho guys, you never know, someone might have hit the nail on the head.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 am

Nope, from reading your first post, it would definitely be too much spring load, as I read it as 18kg of springs, as did Serv, so I'm not too far off... haha.

Good that you've got it running better though. very interesting that your PT is a consistent ID. Every Stampede that I've modded has always narrowed towards the front.

Cheers,

Help Troubleshoot a bad performing Stampede! :( Cwc_lo10

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 pm

clunk07 wrote:Nope, from reading your first post, it would definitely be too much spring load, as I read it as 18kg of springs, as did Serv, so I'm not too far off... haha.

Good that you've got it running better though. very interesting that your PT is a consistent ID. Every Stampede that I've modded has always narrowed towards the front.

Cheers,

Yea, I think I will grab another one soon (perhaps tomorrow) and check that one out and look at a brass breach mod

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:06 pm