Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
Sir_Spacemonkey
Jeo
Acerised
-mirsho
AbyssHD
9 posters

Is this common?

AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Is this common? Empty Is this common?

Post  AbyssHD Mon May 21, 2012 7:37 am

Quite p.o'd, first of all my Recon was shooting. This was a while ago.
    Next minute... Stopped firing. Then....
    The back of the recons plunger tube breaks. I had padding on the inside and out? =Not working.

Do I get a new plunging tube?

-mirsho
    -mirsho

Is this common? Empty Re: Is this common?

Post  -mirsho Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 am

What did you break exactly ? The plunger itself or the PT ?

Most common breakages in reverse plunger system blasters are the plungers themselves. In a recon, I'm assuming that's what broke.

You need to replace it - ever considered getting an aluminium plunger ?

Or you can get one of those OMW kits. lol

Or just buy a Longshot. Up to you though - most people with broken recons shove an airtank inside it.
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Is this common? Empty Answer.

Post  AbyssHD Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 am

-mirsho wrote:What did you break exactly ? The plunger itself or the PT ?

Most common breakages in reverse plunger system blasters are the plungers themselves. In a recon, I'm assuming that's what broke.

You need to replace it - ever considered getting an aluminium plunger ?

Or you can get one of those OMW kits. lol

Or just buy a Longshot. Up to you though - most people with broken recons shove an airtank inside it.

The back of the plunging tube broke.The plunger therefore pokes through. I might stick a BBUMB tank in there if worst comes to worst. It is possible that I buy some aluminium pieces. But I don't want to buy OMW stuff, as I heard it breaks and I don't know anyone one who sells those parts.Link? Thanks.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Mon May 21, 2012 10:53 am

Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Mon May 21, 2012 11:26 am

Do you post anything other than links to the FB selling group Acerised? I mean I'm all for it but this is getting kinda silly.

Abyss, have a look at the BT plunger . It's expensive, but it works.

Padding is only ever a precautionary measure, certainly not an iron clad prevention. Presumably you were running an aftermarket spring? Dry fire it at all?
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Mon May 21, 2012 11:31 am

Yes I do post comments and topics other than Nerfaroo for your information. Its called lending a helping hand mate.

If you want more information. click on my name to view my profile and click view topics or comments.
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Mon May 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Due to my internet being capped, I can't find the video I used, but there is a way of repairing them by using a Buzz Bee shotgun shell, chopping, gluing, and some minor mods to make it work. Not as good as a replacement but it works.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

You could always attempt to repair it with a polycarbonate disk. Just cut one to size and screw n epoxy it in place.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon May 21, 2012 4:07 pm

If you're wondering. Padding is NOT sufficient. If you just chucked it down the plunger tube and expected it to work. It won't. Felt pads have very limit shock absorption. Rubber pads work best. Rememebr to 3 day epoxy the plunger padding. That will ensure strength and cushioning.
    DEATHGUYJ
    DEATHGUYJ

Post  DEATHGUYJ Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 am

you could either buy a omw recon stage 2 kit wich comes with alu plunger boltsled and tube and very tuff as i have abused the crap out of my stage 1-2 kit recon and no breakages or i could sell you my stock plunger tube from my recon for 2 bucks plus postage from 5353
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Post  AbyssHD Tue May 22, 2012 9:12 am

Jeo wrote:Do you post anything other than links to the FB selling group Acerised? I mean I'm all for it but this is getting kinda silly.

Abyss, have a look at the BT plunger . It's expensive, but it works.

Padding is only ever a precautionary measure, certainly not an iron clad prevention. Presumably you were running an aftermarket spring? Dry fire it at all?
    Checked it, will think about, if worst comes to worst i shall do this. No aftermarket spring. It use to fire, for the first day or so, but then it stopped completely, I only 'dry-fired' it twice. Thanks for the input.

Sir_Spacemonkey wrote:Due to my internet being capped, I can't find the video I used, but there is a way of repairing them by using a Buzz Bee shotgun shell, chopping, gluing, and some minor mods to make it work. Not as good as a replacement but it works.
    I'll search for it, but I need a shotgun shell so I may have to wait a bit. Luckily I have patience. Tar.

evozn wrote:You could always attempt to repair it with a polycarbonate disk. Just cut one to size and screw n epoxy it in place.
    Interesting, a possible answer to my problem, thanks!

littlebro05 wrote:If you're wondering. Padding is NOT sufficient. If you just chucked it down the plunger tube and expected it to work. It won't. Felt pads have very limit shock absorption. Rubber pads work best. Rememebr to 3 day epoxy the plunger padding. That will ensure strength and cushioning.
    Man I should have heard that earlier, too little to late.With my '5-minute' epoxy, I lost the tube that it files through (So went off it.). I weirdly have a thing where I hate to use glue, but yeah should of listened, thanks.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 am

Lol. Unfortunately, my plunger reinforcement guide is in the AT write up I did.
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Is this common? Empty Hey hey hey! Pop a Bottle, Feeling we woke up!

Post  AbyssHD Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 am

littlebro05 wrote:Lol. Unfortunately, my plunger reinforcement guide is in the AT write up I did.

10 cents is all it takes? Gosh sake's, so simple yet I ruined a gun worth $20, that I could have fixed for 10c! Sorry for expressing my anger on the forum, gonna get the boxing bag out now...
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 am

Well. All it takes is the epoxied padding and epoxied 10cent coin. Although technically according to Sairex it's a federal offense to defaced the currency. Lol, so you can find a washer alternative
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue May 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Sir_Spacemonkey wrote:Due to my internet being capped, I can't find the video I used, but there is a way of repairing them by using a Buzz Bee shotgun shell, chopping, gluing, and some minor mods to make it work. Not as good as a replacement but it works.

I used this method on my Recon nearly two years ago. It worked for a while and I guess with a bit of effort you could get a semi-decent result. Personally I wouldn't bother though, there's just not enough surface area to get a nice bond and it won't ever be as strong as it was prior to breaking.
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 am

Unknown wrote:

I used this method on my Recon nearly two years ago. It worked for a while and I guess with a bit of effort you could get a semi-decent result. Personally I wouldn't bother though, there's just not enough surface area to get a nice bond and it won't ever be as strong as it was prior to breaking.

My one is still running fine. Although I'd recommend the polycarb disk.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 am