Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder

jayrox

Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder Empty Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder

Post  jayrox Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi All
    Very new Nerfer here so firstly apologies for lack of lingo / spec talk. I put an upgrade spring in bought from Servus I think it is. No issues putting it in with ar removal. Have a 12v sla battery to run it and on first night it fired sweet. In fact was blown away by power - I got excited and gave it a killer for a first attempt paint job and went back in to plunger and put a protector on bottom of plunger - put it all back together and now is not firing.

problem looks to be the plunger casing does not move forward enough to reach the catches that open the dart chute or to release the plunger. It worked 100% for 15 or so shots then only change made was paint and padding. Given this I went back in and took the padding out just in case. when releasing the plunger by hand I can push forward to manually realese and understand the concept of what it should be doing.

In summary:
    The power and motor kicks in
    Gears spin and engage
    Battery is at full charge
    100% sure the plunger and little a clip with spring are the right way around
    Have loosened tightness at plunger entry
    RP7 in plunger

Thanks for any help or tips - muchly appreciated!!!

jayrox

Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder Empty Re: Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder

Post  jayrox Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:32 pm

*note - have also put the stock spring back in with no joy!
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder Empty Re: Stampede firing issue - love help - new modder

Post  Servulus Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 am

Now i told you something about the plate on the back of the plunger tube, the one that holds the spring in... Something about how the tube can be placed in the wrong way and the stampede wont work... Did you remember the photos?
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:17 am

Catch the right way?
    jayrox

Post  jayrox Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks heaps for the reply's,

The catch / plate at the back of the plunger is definately in the right way. The plunger does hold as the cylnder shoots forward - it just doesn't go far enough forward to complete the fire. Battery charge is good.

Maybe gears??

Update..... fired a couple of bullets, jammed, fired a couple more and then went brrrrrrrr like it was trying to repeat fire.I guess given it has fired it means plunger set up is ok.... Forgot to mention is also a second hand gun.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 am

Even my stamp goes all brrrrr on me too, i typically switch it off and then use a long pipe too push out the jammed dart. As for getting them to fire all nicely and evenly for the best part, that is hit 'n miss as i have some stamps that work quite well and others that dont work that well at all. Burst fire seems to provide the best results and for darts the snap cap head darts seem to work best. The reason that i presume to be correct for this is that the plastic cap slides through the barrel better than the rubber heads (which can jam).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm