Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

December 2021

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar


3 posters

    New Product

    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    New Product Empty New Product

    Post  oznerfnerd Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:54 pm

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281131121924?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

    Here's one of our new 3D printed products.

    This is just a huge improvement to the EAT.

    We have some very good gear for this model in particular coming up.

    Hardcore stuff that will make it a suitable replacement for the now discontinued Longshot (a big call).

    Obviously shippings a killer for customers outside of Australia, but we do our very best with combined shipping.

    Here's its brother, buy the way...

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281131851136?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

    Cheers,


    Last edited by oznerfnerd on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Stormpegy
    Stormpegy


    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2013-06-30
    Age : 22
    Location : Melbourne

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  Stormpegy Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 am

    Wow nice.
    Does the EAT not have a stock adapter on it already??
    Also the print looks very smooth. what sorta tricks did you use to get that look? ( if ya dont mind telling me )


    If i ever get a eat i will look into getting one of these, looks very useful

    -Stormpegy
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  oznerfnerd Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 am

    Stormpegy wrote:Wow nice.
    Does the EAT not have a stock adapter on it already??
    Also the print looks very smooth. what sorta tricks did you use to get that look? ( if ya dont mind telling me )


    If i ever get a eat i will look into getting one of these, looks very useful

    -Stormpegy

    The EAT has the standard little orange stock adapter right on the back of it, but if you click a stock on and try to aim it it's just too cramped a position to be any use.

    This puts it right where you want it, plus it blends the lines of the EAT body into the Retaliator stock, as well as adding strength to the flimsy EAT shell.

    This totally changes the feel for the better, you can swing after a moving target using slamfire while still aiming.

    I don't mean to gush, if you look at my history I'm more into technical things, but this simple mod turns it into a different blaster.

    This is just a prelude to a couple of the hardcore modding products we have coming up, for the EAT in particular.

    You seem to know about 3D printing, so you'd know that the prints alway look crap in pictures, and look much better in the hand.

    This part is VERY strong but light, I can't break it with my hands and I'm pretty big and luncky.

    I might even take to one with a hammer just to see what it takes.

    Basically, my printing techniques are a little bit secret as I've spent ages (and $$$) getting it right.

    I can tell you that I've got a printer with modded electronics, software and environment control.

    It produces parts that are straighter, stronger and glossier than some.

    I have something very special coming for the EAT

    Just waiting for my spring supplier to get my order in, and basically I'll have a solid replacement for a pump action brass breach Longshot, which is also easy to install and brilliant to use.

    I'm going for end of this month at the latest.
    Stormpegy
    Stormpegy


    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2013-06-30
    Age : 22
    Location : Melbourne

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  Stormpegy Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 am

    Awesome man!
    Im just learning to use my 3D printer.. Going to attemt to design a set of iron sights in Solid edge ( my cad program )
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  Joey Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:19 pm

    Very cool product. How long does it take to print? (Looking at it I assume 3-4 hours)


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  oznerfnerd Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:32 pm

    Joey wrote:Very cool product. How long does it take to print? (Looking at it I assume 3-4 hours)

    Yep,

    Right on the money Joey.

    There's nothing quick about 3D printing, as you'd know yourself.

    My internal Stampede breach set (not for sale until I get it working better) takes almost 6 hours at a very fine setting.
    Joey
    Joey


    Posts : 551
    Join date : 2010-08-07
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  Joey Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 am

    oznerfnerd wrote:
    Joey wrote:Very cool product. How long does it take to print? (Looking at it I assume 3-4 hours)

    Yep,

    Right on the money Joey.

    There's nothing quick about 3D printing, as you'd know yourself.

    My internal Stampede breach set (not for sale until I get it working better) takes almost 6 hours at a very fine setting.

    I suggest you take a look at 'acetone vapor bathing' as it might provide a smoother result without taking as much print time.

    But yeah I have always found it hard to justify 3-4 hour prints as my business model goes off $6/hr. People arn't too willing to pay almost the price of a blaster for an accessory. Then again xplorer gets away with some ludicrous prices....


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant


    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 52
    Location : NSW

    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  oznerfnerd Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:00 am

    Joey wrote:
    oznerfnerd wrote:
    Joey wrote:Very cool product. How long does it take to print? (Looking at it I assume 3-4 hours)

    Yep,

    Right on the money Joey.

    There's nothing quick about 3D printing, as you'd know yourself.

    My internal Stampede breach set (not for sale until I get it working better) takes almost 6 hours at a very fine setting.

    I suggest you take a look at 'acetone vapor bathing' as it might provide a smoother result without taking as much print time.

    But yeah I have always found it hard to justify 3-4 hour prints as my business model goes off $6/hr. People arn't too willing to pay almost the price of a blaster for an accessory. Then again xplorer gets away with some ludicrous prices....

    I've looked into doing a vapor bath, but it's just not worth it for this sort of thing.

    It looks pretty good in person, pics are never kind to 3D prints.

    Some of those pics are the first couple 0.4mm layer, which I used on my own blasters. I dropped it to 0.3mm and it came up much better.

    When modifying a childs toy to a fully modded blaster, I would expect to pay 2-3 times the original purchase price.

    After all, what you end up with is something 2-3 times better than the childs toy you started with.

    I wouldn't comment on other peoples prices, but mine are what they are, no one has to buy them if they don't want to.

    Sponsored content


    New Product Empty Re: New Product

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 am