Everyone welcome! If you haven't been to a Nerf war before, come and meet us! Bring whatever gear you have, and prepare to learn more than you ever imagined!
This event will keep to its traditional roots with utilising simple gametypes to welcome more new members.
We will be playing standard TDM, CTF, Bombing Run, Pistol Wars, Shield Wars and Defend the Core/Seek and Destroy. To ease on blaster limits, we'll have a general range cap of 100' and a 160' cap for anyone adhering to the FFP Sharpshootor restrictions.
More information on game types below -- please scroll down!
|Date||Sunday 29th September, 2013|
|Time||11:30am - 5pm, pack up from 4:30pm|
|Location||Ruffey Lake Park|
|Address||Enter the north side of Ruffey Lake Park from Church Road, Doncaster and drive down to the loop|
|Meeting Place||BBQ area|
Rules for the war:
NO BLACK BLASTERS
BLASTERS MUST HAVE THE APPEARANCE OF TOYS
We need to adhere to the '11 newly amended Weapons Act (VIC) 1996.
- If 50 percent or more of your blaster is black, gray, or silver, you must post a picture and ask before bringing it.
- You will be asked to leave[/i] if you bring a blaster that is painted realistically.
EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY
You will not be allowed to play without eye protection. We recommend:
- Nerf brand protective glasses.
- safety glasses that meet Australian Standard 1337 or ANSI Z87.1.
- safety glasses or goggles specifically intended for firearms or airsoft use.
Sunglasses and prescription glasses may not be used as safety eye wear unless they are sold as safety glasses and are branded with either AS 1337 or ANSI Z87.1.
NO MORE THAN 50% CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHING
You can wear a camo shirt/jacket, or camo trousers, but not both. We don't want to alarm the public -- let's make it obvious that we are playing a game using toys, and are not playing military simulation/paintball in a public park.
Dart hire will be running available at the war, cost is only $5! This entitles you to use our heavy silicone tipped darts all day!
Dart hire is not compulsory, however it is strongly recommended that you use it. If everyone uses it, there is ZERO sorting of darts required, and more time for warring.
If you don't want to use dart hire, you need to have enough darts to last you all day (200+).
If you choose to use your own darts and you run out during the war, you will have to sit out. We may perform a quick sweep every now and then to clear the field but we will no longer be stopping for half an hour at a time to sweep and sort darts. Picking up darts from the ground that you are not entitled to use will not be tolerated.
We will be using the Victorian Standard War Rules -- please take the time to look them over and make sure you understand at least the basics.
Schedule may include some, all, or none of the following game types:
- Pistol Wars.
- Bombing Run.
- Defend the Core/Seek and Destroy
- Shield Wars.
Information on how to play these game types:
New Game Type - SEEK AND DESTROY
Using the Defend the Core buckets, we will be implementing an endurance-based scenario that will make good use of the open jungle setting. This is a new game type, so we may have to adapt the game and rules as we go.
There will be two teams. One team will be offense, and one will be defense. The offense needs to place a vortex (simulating the bomb) into one of two cores while defense has to prevent such bomb being placed within a given time.
(For those who are new, a vortex is a Nerf football with a tail, like this )
- Weapons - All blasters are allowed with a general 100' cap. Anything above that will need to meet FFP Sharpshooter-class restrictions. Any melee-weapon users will need to meet FFP Tank-class restrictions Eg. only one 50' pistol. All vortex-thrown hits count as a dart hit. Vortex uses are unlimited, but can only be retrieved by the player that used it.
- Lives - All players have unlimited lives. Offense players have instant re-spawn: defense players have a 10-sec re-spawn.
- Setting - A spawn point for the offensive team will be placed between the two defense cores from an equal distance. A spawn point will be placed at both cores for the defense. A no-go perimeter will be set around the cores; only players retrieving their vortices whilst dead can enter.
- Other - Vortices can be retrieved whilst dead, but players must raise a hand to signal that they have already been hit.
Last edited by KingCam on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 am; edited 3 times in total