Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement?

Whitt
    Whitt

Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement? Empty Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement?

Post  Whitt Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Does anyone have any experience with both of them?
    I'm looking to swap out the reverse plunger in my long strike.
    Has anyone else done this personally?
    Just want to know if one is better than the other when it comes to providing more power for internal replacements.
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement? Empty Re: Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement?

Post  Sanchez Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 am

Hey Whitt, I have never tried anything like that. If you are going to get Retaliator internals to put into the Longstrike, why don't you just mod and use the Retaliator? It would be a lot easier, and replacement springs are risky in a Longstrike because of the bolt action. As to NF vs Retaliator plungers, I'm not really sure which is better, but the NF plunger is definitely larger so that might be a factor if you want to go through with the Longstrike plunger replacement.
    Whitt
    Whitt

Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement? Empty Re: Nite Finder vs Retaliator plungers? which is better for reverse plunger replacement?

Post  Whitt Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am

Sanchez wrote:Hey Whitt, I have never tried anything like that. If you are going to get Retaliator internals to put into the Longstrike, why don't you just mod and use the Retaliator? It would be a lot easier, and replacement springs are risky in a Longstrike because of the bolt action. As to NF vs Retaliator plungers, I'm not really sure which is better, but the NF plunger is definitely larger so that might be a factor if you want to go through with the Longstrike plunger replacement.
    Yeah, I, like many other Nerfers have got a stupid obsession with trying to make the Longstrike an actual long range weapon.
    It does just look so goddamn cool.
    and I managed to pick one up in the White Out colour scheme too which will, you know... keep me concealed when I'm in a Nerf war in the Swiss Alps..

I've seen mod guides for internal replacements on both the NF and Retaliator, though because the Retaliator is still so new there only seems to be one write up and it's not officially sanctioned by the Nerf Haven mod directory list yet.

But due to the Retaliator being a lot closer to the LK than the NF is, I thought that might be the way to go.

I only get one shot at making the White LongStrike super bad ass.
    But fortunately I've got 4 regular LK's to practice on
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm

I agree that the Retaliator is closer, but I don't think putting the NF plunger will be all that much harder seeing you will have to do a fair bit of slicing and dicing to make it fit anyway. The NF is also a lot cheaper if you don't have one already. You could even C-836 it if you can build an indestructo-boltsled. And we all know there is no sniping in Nerf.

If you wanted to make a real "long range" blaster in a Longstrike shell, I think putting a BBUMB with a clip accepting breech into it would be the best way to go. There are a few on eBay for around $30.

This write-up looks pretty good: https://oznerf.forumotion.com/t3901-nerf-ultimatestrike-longstrike-bbumb-intergration

Whitt
    Whitt

Post  Whitt Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Man, I almost got a steal on a Titan today from a lady selling a collection but without knowing their values.
    Some other Nerfer beat me to it though

Bbumb might be something, I'll check it out.
    I really want to be able to keep the clip loading.

If I go spring, I've had great success using surplus industrial grease gun springs in my long shot
    Reinforcing the bolt sled with coat hanger wire.
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:18 am

To be honest, I would say a BBUMB is better than a Titan for internal replacements, the tank is smaller so it fits a lot easier. It also doesn't need as many pumps to fill (~5vs~30). And there are a few tutorials for clip accepting breeches around here and maybe Nerf Haven. And if you are going to go the spring path, the NF could easily be spring replaced, but reinforcing the Longstrike is another thing....

stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 am

This is a drop in direct plunger kit for the Longstrike. Well worth checking out. http://www.xplorersg.com/Xpower_for_longstrike_SNIPER_kit/p1477121_8552005.aspx
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 am

I guess if you are dead set on a Longstrike, I would suggest a OMW Longstrike Massacre kit for $40 shipped. I have seen a few negative reviews on that Xplorer stuff too, and for $40 a Masaccre kit will do pretty well, even though you might have to re-reinforce the bolt sled to keep it one hand primeable.

OMW Kit: http://www.orangemodworks.com/category_s/1831.htm

Mini-rant over

Last edited by Sanchez on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:05 am

Yes, that's another option certainly. That said I've heard a lot of bad reports on build quality and durability on OMW products. Xplorer are pricey but great build quality.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 am

A simple spring based kit will bring you some improvements, a bigger plunger transplant will bring more, an air tank conversion will bring more.
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:24 am

Well said Jeo. I think that the air conversion is the best way to go, its probably the cheapest, slightly easier than a whole plunger transplant, and definitely the most effective range-wise. If you connect the bolt sled to a sliding, clip accepting breech, you might actually get close to a "sniper".
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:51 am

Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Haha, very well played. That looks pretty impressive but I think a BBUMB would require less shell carnage. Still pretty cool!
    Whitt
    Whitt

Post  Whitt Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Quick questions about BBUMBs
    I found 2 for sale in a pawn shop for $15 each with an attached rapid fire (?)
    Is that a good price?
    Also I tried to pump them but they both didn't seem to build up a charge. Is that normal or are they broken? And if so, is there a common break that happens? And is it easily fixable?
    I'm quite excited to have found some BBUMBs for sale IRL
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:08 pm

I seem to recall them selling for $20 NIB with two other blasters that attached to the BBUMB. I would perhaps speak with the pawn shop owner, see if you can do a package deal and talk him down on price, stating the "obvious" that they're likely not functional, used and incomplete (I'm assuming it's  missing the light up missiles?), and that the only person who's gonna buy them is someone who's experienced in pulling apart blasters and using them for their guts. Worth a shot.

That being said, a few SA guys have gone and built what's called a MotarStrike. I seem to recall it being quite well suited to fitting in the LSK's shell with minimal cutting (provided you do it right) and packs a hell of a punch. Seem to recall it hitting the 130ft mark with heavies. Stand in front of it and have them dryfire, its like getting punched by an invisible fist of air. Build thread is here - http://australiannerf.com/forum/index.php?topic=919.msg7986#msg7986

Be warned: Mortarstrikes may or may not be war legal at this point (can't recall latest consensus), but if limited to outdoor epeen, you should be okay.
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Hey, I think $15 is alright, as Stoph said maybe try to push for a package deal and play the "broken" card. How many pumps are they getting? A normal BBUMB OPRV kicks in at 4-6 pumps, so if it depressurises after that its normal. I've never used an Ultimate Rapid Blast, but I hear they are junk. I think that it should be easy to fix if it does have a leak (E-tape, hot glue and epoxy putty can fix anything), and you might want to pump replace anyway so that solves a broken pump.

This might help with the BBUMB https://oznerf.forumotion.com/t3199-bbumb-internals

From the sounds of it, a MotarStrike sound a bit like a Titan, so I guess you would not be allowed to plug it, or maybe they are banned all together.

Last edited by Sanchez on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added internals link)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am