Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Removing dead space is streamline darts?

Whitt
    Whitt

Removing dead space is streamline darts? Empty Removing dead space is streamline darts?

Post  Whitt Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

I had a thought,
    Would blocking the space in a streamline dart give more power?
    Has this been hypothesized before?
    I immediately thought of jamming a little foam ball from a bean bag in the end of it
    which would block it off without adding any serious weight.
    Theoretically this should marginally reduce the amount of air space in the chamber
    and result in more force, like doing a dead space removal in the breech itself.
    Right?
    Point_of_Contact
    Point_of_Contact

Removing dead space is streamline darts? Empty Re: Removing dead space is streamline darts?

Post  Point_of_Contact Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am

thought of jamming a little foam ball from a bean bag in the end of it which would block it off without adding any serious weight.
    While this would block it off, it would mean that it could not be used in stock blasters (not really a problem for most though). But it would also shift the balance of weight back, meaning that if fired it would be even more inaccurate.

PoC
    Whitt
    Whitt

Removing dead space is streamline darts? Empty Re: Removing dead space is streamline darts?

Post  Whitt Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:54 am

Point_of_Contact wrote:
    thought of jamming a little foam ball from a bean bag in the end of it which would block it off without adding any serious weight.
    While this would block it off, it would mean that it could not be used in stock blasters (not really a problem for most though). But it would also shift the balance of weight back, meaning that if fired it would be even more inaccurate.

PoC
    I thought about the dart peg issue but i've taken all the pegs out of my guns anyway so it's not a factor.

I figured the use of a super light weight material, such as the small foam "bean" from a bean bag would only have only the most minuscule amount of weight to it and would not upset the balance of the dart.
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 am

Part of the reason tube foam seals in a breech/barrel is because when the air is released, it flows down the centre of the dart and forces the dart walls out, thus momentarily making it a momentarily tighter fit.

Streamlines are terrible, and elites are only marginally better. With the amount of darts lost at wars, and the time it would take to impart this deadspace mod to all of your darts, you are better off investing in solid foam rod and making your own darts that are better balanced and calibrated. Many people in the NIC still use tube foam, as there is negligible difference between the two, and a few cubed mm of deadspace is not going to effect the range/accuracy of the dart enough to ever notice.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Whitt
    Whitt

Post  Whitt Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 am

stoph wrote:Part of the reason tube foam seals in a breech/barrel is because when the air is released, it flows down the centre of the dart and forces the dart walls out, thus momentarily making it a momentarily tighter fit.

Streamlines are terrible, and elites are only marginally better. With the amount of darts lost at wars, and the time it would take to impart this deadspace mod to all of your darts, you are better off investing in solid foam rod and making your own darts that are better balanced and calibrated. Many people in the NIC still use tube foam, as there is negligible difference between the two, and a few cubed mm of deadspace is not going to effect the range/accuracy of the dart enough to ever notice.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Ah. Now THAT'S a valid point.
    Well, back to the drawing board for me.

P.S. Is anywhere selling the correct FBR locally in Australia yet?
    I've been out of the game for about a year
    but I seem to recall the only way to get it was in mass quantities shipped from OS.
    (obviously I'm after it in the diameter of streamlines to fit mah' blasters)
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:53 am

Last I checked, Ben at VelocityTag was doing tube and rod foam, whether he's still selling is another story entirely. This is his facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/VelocityTag/325940447445117

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:11 pm