Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Biggles
beigeman
Aaron
WV17
8 posters

Water gun conversion: barrel addition

WV17
    WV17

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Empty Water gun conversion: barrel addition

Post  WV17 Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:28 am

His this is only my second post so if it sucks, tell me so. I was rummaging around in my toy box (Nerf guns, water guns etc.) and i found an old water gun that had a stuffed up trigger, one of those super soaker ones that have a secondary fire that sprays the whole pressure tank out at once. This got me thinking, I wonder what the psi in that tank is, must be kinda high to get water 10 meters. I tried it out by holding a vulcan chain against the nozzle and that got about 30 meters. pretty good for the barrel being only as long as one chain link. This led me to the idea of adding a barrel only problem was, I didn't know where to get it .
    Massive fluke was that i found a hobby store near my school that sell's all the brass i would ever need, and my school was having a production which involved garbage, which in turn involved a PVC pipe that was perfect size. anyway i bought my brass and rapped each end in some heavy duty tape
    Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_27
    This then fit inside the PVC perfectly
    Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_31
    i had to shave away some on the nozzle to fit the pipe but its a tight fit so it doesnt need glue
    here is the finished gun.
    Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_32

Last edited by WV17 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the pics)
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Founder
    Founder

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Empty Re: Water gun conversion: barrel addition

Post  Aaron Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 am

errr Your pictures are all the same.
    WV17
    WV17

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Empty Made stefans and changed it around a little to fit them.

Post  WV17 Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:09 pm

i know its only a few days after my first post but i made my first stefans with 15 mm backer rod and they were not going down my barrel. To combat this i pulled the brass forward so that after every shot it could be removed for easy access to the back.
    here is a pic of the barrel
    Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_33

It's actually really long so to give you an idea of how long.
    Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_34

I'm open for suggestions and comments.
    beigeman
    beigeman

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Empty Re: Water gun conversion: barrel addition

Post  beigeman Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:03 pm

30 meters? Serious? Just asking because the way you generally measure distance with Nerf isn't an angled shot but perfectly level at average height (so say 150cm - 190cm above ground) If you can get 30 meters level, I'm off to buy one tomorrow!
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:19 am

yeah its level well as far as i can tell the gun is at a funny angle anyway. but yeah if its angles it does half my street which is about 50-60. I think it's because of the flash flood system,it allows the whole pressure tank to be let out all at once (notice that the barrel is connected to the larger nozzle) only downside is i cant use the trigger because it jams open and i have to open the gun up to un-jam it.

whoops maybe that was a bit vague. to fire it you pull the blue handle on top of the gun. sorry.
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:12 am

I have that supersoaker... But it's at my grandpa's houese.
    In south Africa.
    Ehillnerfer
    Ehillnerfer

Post  Ehillnerfer Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 am

lol.

Fail.

No hard Feelings.
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:30 am

don't worry!

Bigles
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:04 pm

i'm sick of removing the brass to reload so i'm gonna move it back in and make a breach. Only problem is i have NO idea what i'm doing. heres my list of problems if you can help PLEASE do:
    -What sized brass should i use to slide over my 19/32 that will be airtight if there isnt one how could i make it air tight?
    -Where can i get a dremel/rotary tool?
    -How can i secure a post or handle to a thin brass pipe so that i can hold it to slide the brass back and forward?
    -Is a dremel/rotary tool of any use on the grey PVC i have used?
    i repeat if you can help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do
    beigeman
    beigeman

Post  beigeman Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:01 pm

As far as the brass size is concerned, I won't be able to help as I haven't done any brasswork on my guns before. However a Dremel or other handheld rotary tool should be available at any hardware store, and while it may be pricey I definitely recommend getting a brand-name Dremel than a knockoff or cheapo. As far as securing anything to brass, sand or score the area you want to glue to so that it's not a polished finish, this will help the sticky stuff stick. Use Epoxy putty or Liquid Nails or for that matter just cruise around the hardware looking for "Bonds Metals, Plastics" etc. or simply ask a clerk for a hand.

As far as finding the appropriate brass pipe, you could take a small sample of the one you've used to a hobby/hardware store and ask for some assistance.
    Ehillnerfer
    Ehillnerfer

Post  Ehillnerfer Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 am

Are you posing in the first picture?
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 am

lol no i was in a funny position and i was trying to get the hole pipe into the shot and my face.....

no explanation at all i was like squinting cause my laptop screen is covered in finger prints (i think)
    EPIC FAIL
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Update: i have now sorted out all of those problems and am onto the designing stage here is my idea:Water gun conversion: barrel addition Pictur10

key:
    thick black = PVC
    dotted black = hole
    bronze edge = brass tube
    bronze solid = brass rod
    black solid = tape

once again any suggestions or ideas are open for discussion

Last edited by WV17 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:19 pm

I've never made a breach but that looks simple enough to work
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 am

ok its been a long time coming but my conversion is pretty much complete. I minimised the gun by removing the water tank (for use as a separate dart holder) and finished my breech. I ditched the brass cause it was too loose for everything but my 15mm darts and i replaced it with approximately 2ft of PETG. I then cut a breech in the grey PVC towards the back of the barrel the PETG slides forward past the opening in the PVC to accept the dart, after the dart is in it is pushed back and seals in front of the breech. yeah sounds confusing but is simple here are some pics.

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_16
    here is the minimalisation.

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_17
    the breech open with one of informers sexy looking darts.

Water gun conversion: barrel addition Photo_18
    breech closed with dart loaded (as you can quite easily tell)

not sure about ranges but in sheer practicality through size and easy of use it beats my titan.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 am

this is great i have this water gun
    Reaper
    Reaper

Post  Reaper Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 am

Necro time!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am