Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
jrobdesign
oznerfnerd
Eclipse
7 posters

Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation Empty Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation

Post  Eclipse Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:34 am

Hey guys,

I haven't been active here in a while, but I have a new prospect I'm working on. There isn't any sort of war scene north of Sydney and I'm working on establishing one. I have made a thread about it here before, although bumping an old thread would be irrelevant with the amount of new things I would like to add.

So, here is a run down of what sort of wars we would be looking at.

Where: More than likely at a location that is agreeable for people from Newcastle way, up to Forster/Taree. If you hail from further than that, you will likely need to do a bit of travel. Unfortunately the fairly low population density and general lack of Nerfers within this area mandates longer travel time. Hell, I drive 3.5 hours to Sydney every war.

Regularity: Somewhere around once a month once the group is established. That makes for a good balance, in my opinion. All is open for discussion.

War Types: Basically Peen style. Bring whatever fits into the ruleset, carry what you want and tag each other. Game types would likely be Team DM, Squad DM, King of the Hill and Capture the Flag.

Ruleset: More than likely fairly basic- things about calling your hits, blaster restrictions (not overly restrictive, but not silly), things to bring, ammo rules etc.

Ammo: BYO at first, with a hire system on the cards potentially. All stock darts allowed, any homemade ammo not too heavy or solid also legal (admin discretion)

Blasters: Gameplay is generally geared towards heavily modified blasters- things like 4Bs, Brass Breech Longshots (BBLSs) and Octoshots would all suit.

That is what I am aiming for. If this appeals to you in any way, reply to the thread, PM me, whatever. I want to see this happen, so tell your friends, spread it if you can. I need at least 10 active members to do much.

Cheers,
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation Empty Re: Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation

Post  oznerfnerd Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 am

I've got 2 sons who would be pretty interested, and I'd love to tool them up with some of my latest equipment.

What sounds better about this is the use of heavily modded blasters and BYO ammo.

I'm no expert on organized wars, but dart hire seems a bit stiff if you're running something that works best with your own special (non metal/not too heavy solid tip) dart recipe.

Of course you're going to need to bring a few and be prepared to loose some.

For me I'd just want to see my kids wearing proper safety glasses, probably goggles, and for the blasters to be around 100' flat range max.

Other than that it'd be a shame to bog it all down with tons of rules.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation Empty Re: Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation

Post  Eclipse Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 am

Just finished writing a damn good response to that, and my internet failed. *Rageface*

Anyway, here's what I reckon.

Firstly, I would love to have your sons rock up (and what about you as well?). Also would love to see your latest gear. It would be brilliant to have a good modder AND product supplier in the group straight up.

As far as dart hire is concerned, it would be an optional thing for newer players. Not mandatory or anything like that. Just a way to get newbies playing, without buying ammo right off the bat or using streamlines *shiver*

In terms of ranges and safety glasses, here is my 2 cents. Firstly, safety glasses are absolutely essential. Not only would it be horrible for somebody to have their eye taken out, the repercussions on me, the group, and the sport in general would be terrible.

Range is a topic that is quite hotly debated, however I'd like to think of doing what the Sydney crew has been doing for a couple of years now. We (the admin team, which I am not, just speaking on behalf of the group) limit the size of airtanks to a Gen 1 4B, all airguns need an unmodified OPVR and springers and the like are limited to 160 flat. Then apply properly enforced engagement ranges. Basically anything 80 feet or above cannot be fired at somebody within 20m. That keeps things safe, and not painful. In the whole of SNW, even when random smaller kids show up, we haven't had anyone hurt yet. It's a good system the admins have spent a lot of time implementing, and it works.

Just to get a feel for the demographic, where are you located? It says QLD of your OzNerf account, but according to eBay it's the Mid North Coast. Judging by that, you must have moved, but could I just ask for a general location for organisational purposes? Also, how old are your sons? I'm not restrictive at all, I just would like to know the demographic I would be initially working with.

Cheers,
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 am

All sounds good.

Rules seem pretty liberal.

I'm not going to disclose my location on a public forum, it would defeat the purpose of having a forum ID.

I'll go as far as keeping an eye on your posts in the war section, and if you've got something going on between Newcastle and Taree and my kids want to go, we'll certainly look into it.

Obviously at my age I won't be exchanging messages with and arranging to meet kids on the internet, but my kids are 12 and 14 and will be in touch if they are interested (which they said they are).

All the best with it.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 am

Cheers man. I need to get a few more guys together, so by all means, let them know to invite friends, you know, spread the word a little. I'll do my best. As long as I can get 10 or so in the next few months, we can have a war soon.

And that's understandable about not revealing location. In my experience at wars, we have had people from 12-40+ years old at wars, so I was just saying that you were welcome to attend if you'd like. Anyway, it's all good.

Cheers,
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:17 pm

So I'm only 4 years older that the oldest person there..

That makes me feel SO much better...

No worries mate, I just mentioned it to my boys and they are pretty keen.
    jrobdesign

Post  jrobdesign Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey man, I'm in Newcastle and could be interested if you get something going.

I have never been to a Nerf war before and have no experience, and i'm pretty new to the Nerf scene, so I can't really help you out much sorry.
    Baenlynn
    Baenlynn

Post  Baenlynn Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:29 pm

In the Newcastle area and very interested in warring. No experience in that regard, but I'm willing to learn.
    Only problem is: I only get weekends off for 2-3 weeks every two months (8 day roster).
    foam sniper
    foam sniper

Post  foam sniper Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 am

im no longer in newy, but on occasions i make the 14hour drive back to see the family
    i'll keep an eye on this as if a war lines up with when im back i will defiantly be in

i recommend wallsend brickworks park as a location
    we had a great day of nerf wars there a few years back,
    ground000

Post  ground000 Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a manager at a laser tag arena, and we recently were discussing the possibility of having a nerf war in the arena (it's a three level maze). Anyways, I was just putting it up there to see whether there's any interest in Newcastle?

GZ
    Vampros
    Vampros

Post  Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

i have not been on the forums for a while now, but i kinda have been looking for a reason to pull my basters out and get them pumping foam again. I too am also in Newcastle and would very keen for a war

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:28 pm