Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring?

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring? Empty Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring?

Post  littlebro05 Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 am

Anyway, the title says it all...

Is it a good idea to add a second spring into the nerf nitefinder / maverick... at the moment I have inserted two springs on both of my guns (original spring and a small in diameter 2nd spring) but I haven't fired it just yet because I'm afraid of the stress that I will put on the gun itself.

At the moment I am thinking of reinforcing the trigger catch with epoxy putty to make the areas of the trigger catch more thick to reinforce the catch and putting as much as I can on it without it interfering with the trigger lock mechanism... I'm trying to draw the maximum potential from each of my gun, but at the same time worried that I might destroy it... I'm pretty confident with the nite finder with the trigger catch epoxy putty reinforcement... but I'm a little worried with the maverick (for all who've seen the slimness of the catch).
    Genericwizardguy
    Genericwizardguy

Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring? Empty Re: Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring?

Post  Genericwizardguy Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:12 am

I wouldn't do it, I tried it with my Maverick and it broke the plastic that holds down the metal cross bar in the cocking arm. My Maverick still works I just need to cock it with a screwdriver.
    Pois0n
    Pois0n

Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring? Empty Re: Is It a Good idea to add a 2nd Spring?

Post  Pois0n Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:16 am

I did it to my Nite Finder, and it works like a charm. I reinforced the catch spring with a spring from a pen. If you don't feel confident yet, its up to you.

- Jacob.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 am

Genericwizardguy wrote:I wouldn't do it, I tried it with my Maverick and it broke the plastic that holds down the metal cross bar in the cocking arm. My Maverick still works I just need to cock it with a screwdriver.

LOL SAME! I have to cock it with a screw driver but my maverick is as good as dead at the moment because I'm annoyed at it's rotating barrels. It still shoots but REALLY inconsistently... some will reach 10m then others will reach like 30cm.

I might try to repair it later because there are ways you can make the handle stronger.. but then I might just buy a brand new maverick... a clear one at that.
    Genericwizardguy
    Genericwizardguy

Post  Genericwizardguy Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Thats exactly what I did, I got a clear Maverick after my original one broke, I dunno why, but the clear one is far more reliable (I'm also never opening it up, too precious).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm