Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
Vampros
{Frenzibrenzi}
6 posters

Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help

{Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Empty Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Hey guys!

I'm going to make a sniper barrel tomorrow out of a Longshot front gun extension. But there is a slight problem. The connector piece that allows the joining of the front gun is not connected to the barrel piece that I want. It is kept in it's center position by the plastic shell of the front gun. I'm sorry if you don't understand this but I can't show you pictures as I'm on an Ipod Touch. I hope you can help me and if so it will be greatly appriciated.

P.S. Any ideas of what I can do with the actual front gun from the extension? I don't want to intergrate it into my Longshot or use it as a shotgun foregrip.

[Frenzibrenzi]
    Vampros
    Vampros

Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Empty Re: Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help

Post  Vampros Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:11 pm

if you looking to make it removable by keeping the cupler from the front gun, than it may look odd, cause you need to remember that you cant add to the middle hole of the cupler at all you need to build around it.

if you really want to do this then i'de use pcv pipe, hotglue and araldite.
    Take the cupler into bunnings and find a width of pipe that just fits the outside of the cupler. Then find a width that just fist in that pipe and so on till you get down to a size of pipe that will hold the barrel, once you have that insame amount of pipe then you need about an inch of each pipe except for the pipe that goes over the cupler you need extra of that one to fit the cuppler into...once it's all cut into the bits you need glue it all togeather and hoccus poccus you have what your looking for.

Not to rain on your parade, but i think it simpler and less expensive to do a copper barrel replacement with an angel breach, because then when you make the barrel from the breach you can make it aslong as you like...or do an Epic LS mod if you dont mind loosing the clip feed.

PS: As for the fromt gun? you could poke out the AR and use it if you just poke out the AR and NOT drill it out you can get about 30 feet
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Empty Re: Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:19 pm

You could do this,

[img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0012[/img]

As for the front gun, I turned mine into a pistol.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Dude, I do not want to be mean, but this really is not a great engineering challenge, if you cannot figure this out I fear for what you'll do to the internals of your longshot.

Joining them would be super easy, some pipe or the right sized coupler + some e tape and a bit of glue.. boom done... you just need to figure out where to put them.

You might think me a dick for not just telling you but really.. c'mon... this has got to be one of the simplest things to do

Aj
    {Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:16 am

-Aj- wrote:Dude, I do not want to be mean, but this really is not a great engineering challenge, if you cannot figure this out I fear for what you'll do to the internals of your longshot.

Joining them would be super easy, some pipe or the right sized coupler + some e tape and a bit of glue.. boom done... you just need to figure out where to put them.

You might think me a dick for not just telling you but really.. c'mon... this has got to be one of the simplest things to do

Aj

Well I am fairly new to modding. I have very limited supplies aswell. I don't have any pipe and I have almost no money ATM. So with that in mind I can't do much right now but this seemed easy.

@kneon

Wow thats great! I think I'll do that.
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:34 am

Go for it, the only tool i used was a broken hacksaw blade,lol.
    {Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Could you post more pictures of it for different angles please.
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm

sure

This was all done while the gun was unscrewed.
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0013[/img]
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0014[/img]
    In the corner of the cut, there is a spring and a plastic hook, they would have to be modified if you plan on using solid material where my masking tape is. (I haven't done that yet, i have been lazy)
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0015[/img]
    Theres the little sucker!

Now for the front.
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0016[/img]
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0017[/img]
    Cut cut.
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0018[/img]
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0019[/img]
    Cut cut.
    And that leaves you with the semi finished product that you have seen (its all i have done so far). I hope it helps. I am planning to fix the spring and hook parts and reusing the little locking nub that locked the front and rear guns together. Oh, and it leaves this too after a bit of cutting.
    [img]Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Hni_0020[/img]
    Good luck
    Panda
    Panda

Post  Panda Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:18 pm

I wanted my longshot to become a sniper rifle as well.

What I did was to use hot glue and glue around the barrel while the yellow pieces were on and waited for it to cure. Then undid all the screws and removed the yellow plastic, I havent finished it yet but here is a half done pic before I removed the barrel stabilisers and coupler.

Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help 36882_1464564606745_1012385003_1380329_5078669_n
    liusaaaa
    liusaaaa

Post  liusaaaa Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:34 am

Panda wrote:I wanted my longshot to become a sniper rifle as well.

What I did was to use hot glue and glue around the barrel while the yellow pieces were on and waited for it to cure. Then undid all the screws and removed the yellow plastic, I havent finished it yet but here is a half done pic before I removed the barrel stabilisers and coupler.

Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help 36882_1464564606745_1012385003_1380329_5078669_n

kind of looks like a Barret 50.cal, pre cool if you were sniping in a war!
    Panda
    Panda

Post  Panda Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:19 am

liusaaaa wrote:

kind of looks like a Barret 50.cal, pre cool if you were sniping in a war!

That was the plan. I wanted to add a muzzle brake to make it look a little different to other peoples mods.
    liusaaaa
    liusaaaa

Post  liusaaaa Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:33 am

Yer i tried this modification/feature some time back to make mine look like a Recon Barret 50.cal as the pic shows....Longshot Front Gun Conversion to Sniper Barrel Help Pictur11

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm