Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
bulletproofvest
Coolio226
who
Winterstrike
The Cheshire Ranger
chinnerz
littlebro05
nerffirefight24
R@w$o 4
13 posters

How to stiffen and modify streamlines

R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

How to stiffen and modify streamlines Empty How to stiffen and modify streamlines

Post  R@w$o 4 Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 am

G,day guys, I know a lot of people who don't have stefans have been asking how to modify and stiffen streamlines, so i thought I'd make a sort of tutorial.

You'll Need

streamlines
    pillow case
    dryer
    electrical tape (10 pack $3)(i used coloured for looks)
    scissors
    straws (1 straw-3 darts)(ones with little spoons are thicker therefore better)

How to stiffen and modify streamlines 2mzct41

1. - Take all your streamlines and throw them into the pillow case.(it doesn't hurt to tie the end up so the streamlines dont fly out through the dryer.)

2. - Put the pillow case in the dryer for about 10 mins

3. - Take out the streamlines, you will notice they are actually softer so leave them to cool for approx' 30 mins or put them in your fridge for 10 mins.

4. - Get your streamlines, scissors and e-tape and wrap the tape around the top of the streamline right on the line between the weight and the foam.

5. - Cut the e-tape just after 1 full lap. Do this with all the streamlines

How to stiffen and modify streamlines 6ptfrq

6. - Now grab one of your straws and put it in the back of the streamline until it cant go any further.

How to stiffen and modify streamlines 14mbe5s

7. - Pull the straw out about 2 mm then cut it and poke it back in. Do this with all the streamlines.

You should have a nice batch of slightly modified streamlines! If the straws keep coming out cut more off them or glue them in.

How to stiffen and modify streamlines 264i8o2

Thanks!

EDIT: After more tests you can put on 2 or 3 layers of e-tape for more accuracy but it will reduce range. One layer is the best for range and accuracy.

Last edited by nerf-captain-rawso on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

How to stiffen and modify streamlines Empty Re: How to stiffen and modify streamlines

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:57 am

*Face palm*
    Why dont you just make stefans, they are cheaper and better.
    -Adam-
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

How to stiffen and modify streamlines Empty Re: How to stiffen and modify streamlines

Post  R@w$o 4 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:13 am

G,day guys, I know a lot of people who don't have stefans have been asking how to modify and stiffen streamlines,
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 am

Nice! Nice guide for new people and the write was fantastic. Keep up the good work. Very detailed :).

Don't facepalm him. He did a nice write up. At least he's contributing. Don't put him down man. Like he says, people who don't have access to them. It's a nice guide for 'new' guys to nerf who don't even know about stefans and just use stock darts.
    chinnerz
    chinnerz

Post  chinnerz Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 am

Hey that's an awesome writeup!
    Adding the tape adds thickness creating a better seal right?

I don't know why nerffirefight24 is hating on this, as ideas from this can be used on essentially all nerf darts :\
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 am

chinnerz wrote:
    Adding the tape adds thickness creating a better seal right?

yes it does that and also adds a bit more weight so if you have a hi-powered gun it will work a lot better.

Thanks guys for the comments. :D. I am not new to nerfing myself as i have been nerfing for well over a year but i dont have a hot glue gun so i cannot make stefans. I will be buying some soon once i have saved up, (i just spent my cash on a bbbb) but until then this is it!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 am

Hot glue guns you can buy for $8 at dollars and sense and sticks cost $2.50 for like 30. They'll be fine lol.
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 am

Awesome! i have been messing around with my stock darts to find some improvement, (shortening, filling the heads with hot glue etc etc...) as i'm not ready to go the stefan way yet. And you have done it! Thanks heaps nerf-captain-rawso!
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Updated!! after more tests.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 pm

This is a fine example of the blind leading the blind, except the blind in this case also happen to be stingy.
    chinnerz
    chinnerz

Post  chinnerz Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Winterstrike wrote:This is a fine example of the blind leading the blind, except the blind in this case also happen to be stingy.

... Could you explain that a bit further??
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Winterstrike: This is a fine example of the blind leading the blind, except the blind in this case also happen to be stingy.

Translated: This is a fine example of a noob leading the a noob, except the noob in this case also happen to be stingy.
    who
    who

Post  who Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Q: Can these still used on stock guns?

A:???
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:12 am

who wrote:Q: Can these still used on stock guns?

A:???

A:Yes, definently
    chinnerz
    chinnerz

Post  chinnerz Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 am

A: Maybe if you have a fully un-modded NF or something which still has that useless rod in the middle of the barrel, you may have some issues with fitting if you use a thin straw
    Coolio226
    Coolio226

Post  Coolio226 Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:30 am

Do you need the straw, and if so what does it do, Stiffen it?
    Yay, first post!
    chinnerz
    chinnerz

Post  chinnerz Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 am

Coolio226 wrote:Do you need the straw, and if so what does it do, Stiffen it?
    Yay, first post!

Yes, but it also helps the dart stay straight after repeat abuse with force feeding and such.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:57 am

NICE man! How many more feet do they go?
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 am

it varies, some darts the straw works well and will add another 5 feet, sometimes the straw will make it fish tail and lose 20 feet and sometimes it will go crazy and add 15 feet.
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:47 pm

it might be worth smearing a thin layer of glue round the base of the straw dart so the foam at the back dosnt sepertate from the straw when the air rushes into it.

only reason why i would think this is since modifying my longshot I've had the backs of my darts starting to split and burst
    spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Post  spacephrawg Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 am

Ok so I have some dumb questions:

as stated on another thread, I had stupid luck modifying a new Alpha Trooper so I returned it and got a new one which i'm not going to modify at least for now. It still has the AR in it, with the pin. Assuming the straw fits the dart's hole snugly, there shouldn't be any problem with friction on the pin, right? right? Would that even be a problem on an AT?

edit:

also, I've tried other mods with streamline darts such as weighting the tips with hot glue, and such mods decrease the range. I even tried varying the amount of hot glue and all it did was decrease the range about the same distance. I'm guessing the assumption that people who post the mod tutorials make is that these will be shot out of a modified gun, yes?

Last edited by spacephrawg on Thu May 26, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Thu May 26, 2011 1:37 am

Dude, this thread is eleven months old..
    spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Post  spacephrawg Thu May 26, 2011 2:04 am

Mozart wrote:Dude, this thread is eleven months old..

I am confused. Whats the problem? I just wanted to know stuff so I asked. Didn't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Thu May 26, 2011 2:12 am

I think it's a rule, you're not allowed to post in a topic that's over four months old, unless you have vital information that's going to benefit a lot of people. You could have messages the guy that made the thread, or asked in the questions thread?

It's okay man, you didn't offend anyone. (: I don't think anyone reads the rules when they sign up, lol. There are some real annoying dead shits around.. But yeah, you can get in trouble for it.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Thu May 26, 2011 2:44 am

Mozart wrote:I think it's a rule, you're not allowed to post in a topic that's over four months old, unless you have vital information that's going to benefit a lot of people. You could have messages the guy that made the thread, or asked in the questions thread?

... (: I don't think anyone reads the rules when they sign up, lol. There are some real annoying dead shits around.. But yeah, you can get in trouble for it.
    Everything you've said is correct.

Bumping/Necroing
    Make sure you check the date of the last post in a topic, before you post in it. Any longer than 4 months and you'd better not do it. If its something like an old writeup and you need some help, your better off sending that person a PM. There are some threads that are none Necroable, one such example is the Good traders feedback thread.

Except the claim about new members and rules; I was glad to have read them (not that I needed to since forum etiquette was embedded in me since... well forever).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:10 am