Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read.

Winterstrike

New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read. Empty New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read.

Post  Winterstrike Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 pm

The website is almost complete, so I feel ready to share it with all of you. The URL is here. Australian Nerf
    It should be very easy to remember. Now to answer some questions which have been commonly asked of me.

Q:Why another website? Isn't Oznerf enough?

Frankly no, it isn't. This website is a forum and forum only. It was never intended to be any more than that. It's also visually unappealing. It's certainly practical but even so a forum was never intended to showcase videos or pictures that people create. Since nerf is a very visual sport, this place is simply insufficient to keep up with our growing needs. Australian Nerf(AN) is an attempt to address that while still retaining the functionality of Oznerf. There will be forums aplenty, but they should be better organised. There will be a chat area like Oznerf has. Nothing is going to disappear.

Q: But there isn't much talk of modification on there! Why not?

One site cannot possibly handle all the traffic from the people who are into mods as well as the casual public who just don't care. There are more and more people everyday who are getting into nerf and let's face it, some people don't care about modding but still enjoy it. These people are not useless to us, they share our hobby, but in a different way. AN will try to keep those people happy as well as provide some services for you. There will be another website to take care of nothing but modifications in the future and I'm very sure you will be happy with the results.

Q: I don't want to leave my friends behind! This place has become a home to me. Can I just stay here?

You don't have to use AN at all. You're certainly not going to be banned from using it either, unless you're a chronic breaker of rules. If you do use AN, you're going to find a lot of us already there. People you already know and trust, and that should allay any of your fears.

Q: AN's so awesome! Won't Oznerf just wither away and die?

Oznerf will be just fine. It's still run by very capable admins who are more than happy to cater for your needs. There's still plenty of useful information on here, so I'm sure we'll use it from time to time. I've gotten permission from many authors to repost their reviews/write-ups onto the new websites so don't worry about not being able to find old but useful information.

Q: AN sucks! I hate it and I hate you.

That's not a question but I'm sorry you feel that way. There is a section in the forums under feedback, so go ahead and post anything that will air your grievances.

Q: AN will fail and fail hard! Muahahaha!

It most certainly will if everyone keeps that attitude up. If none of
    you see the value in it and discard it with no second thought, of course
    it'll fail. I'm doing this as a service to the community though, and
    it's doing nothing but eating up my time and costing me money. If you
    can't see how useful this resource is, then I would predict nerf will
    fail as a sport as its fans cannot see how great something like this
    could be.

Q: OK, I'm over it. What does AN have that Oznerf does not?

Oznerf's framework is that of a forum, while AN is a Joomla based website which has forums attached to it. It's capable of flash animations, event calendars, front page videos, links and a whole lot more. It's not the messiah of nerf sites but it's certainly better than a simple framework such as this. Oznerf is inherently flawed in this way.

Q: Will I be as welcome on AN as I was on Oznerf?

There's no reason you shouldn't be. I will be moderating it, but so will other responsible people you already know and respect. I have to be an admin since I am actually paying for the website's maintenance. This stuff isn't free! I have to pay for the domain, the hosting and the upkeep of some of these lovely features. I've been here on Oznerf longer than most of you and you should know my demeanor by now. I'm not a ban happy person but I will warn you I keep a tighter rein on stupidity than most. I have no tolerance for ill treatment of others or even yourself. I'm pretty old for Oznerf standards (I'm 32) and I have a lot of responsibility in real life, looking after children and what not. If my eight year old nephew behaves better than you, there's no reason you shouldn't be held to the same standard.

Q: But I heard you say you hate so and so! Isn't he screwed?

I always believe in second chances. Keep sticking your guns in freezers or lying that your nitefinder gets 100 ft ranges with a stick of bubblegum and a rubber band and you will most certainly be screwed.

Q: I was an admin on Oznerf though! I was super cool and all that. Will I retain my epicness?

Epicness is not a word! If you were a contributing member of Oznerf, whom most respect or appreciate, I don't see why you wouldn't. I'm not trying to change things. Oznerf has had tons of admins, some of which no longer frequent this website. Due to that reason, it makes no sense to simply import all the admins over from Oznerf to AN as some may no longer even be alive! It'd probably be best to start over and just promote people who are willing to shoulder the responsibility and be able to handle it.

Q: I want to be an admin! Gimme gimme gimme! Please?

If you're begging to be an admin, that is a surefire way to ensure you'll never be one. I'm just going to leave it to the community to decide. If you contribute a lot, in any way and are willing and able to have the responsibility of helping us run AN, then you're going to probably be asked. Some people say I have a huge bias towards those who attend many wars and that is somewhat true. I also however, recognise the value of people who just help out a lot. Answering questions, modding, donating money, organising events or just plain helping out are all things that anyone can do to improve our community. Ultimately, it won't be me who decides who becomes an admin, it'll be you, the average user. I suppose I will have the final say in it, but I'm probably not going to veto your decision as I'll most likely be agreeing with you.

Q: All hail Winterstrike! Hail! Hail! Hail!

That's better. Now turn up to Reign of Foam or die. I hope you die choking on a reverse plunger while someone stuffs air restrictors in your ears. Oh and can an admin please sticky this?
    NightCabbage
    NightCabbage

New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read. Empty Re: New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read.

Post  NightCabbage Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:02 am

Ya I signed up last night
    Moonsword
    Moonsword

New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read. Empty Re: New nerf website - http://www.australiannerf.com/ All members please read.

Post  Moonsword Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:25 am

Winterstrike wrote:Q: All hail Winterstrike! Hail! Hail! Hail!

That's better. Now turn up to Reign of Foam or die. I hope you die choking on a reverse plunger while someone stuffs air restrictors in your ears. Oh and can an admin please sticky this?

Sigged

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm