Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
The Cheshire Ranger
Moonsword
6 posters

Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring

Moonsword
    Moonsword

Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring Empty Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring

Post  Moonsword Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey All,

I am writing a review on the custom Longshot springs Winter had shipped in from overseas.

My first impression when I got the spring, after flipping it around my hands for a few times and trying to squeeze it I realised how strong this spring is, compared to a stock Lshot spring, the wires are noticeably thicker and the spring is quite hard to compress.

After installing the spring into my Lshot I noticed that it is a fair bit harder to prime, I would not recommend this spring to anyone who still uses the stock priming handle, if you are going to have a spring like this, do a shotgun grip mod so your bolt sled will not break, I noticed with the new spring that while my Lshot is harder to prime, I am getting a lot better ranges with it and I am still maintaining a decent ROF with the shotgun grip.

Dealing with Winter was quite easy and straight forward, the transaction was very smooth even with a small blunder on my part which was quickly fixed.

I give the spring and Winter's service a 10 out of 10
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring Empty Re: Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:59 pm

I agree Phuonguyen
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring Empty Re: Red hot review - Winterstrike's custom spring

Post  Servulus Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:17 pm

what is the wavelength of the spring, the thickness of the wire and the tempering (i think thats it) of the spring, and what are the compression values for the spring your lookijng at?
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 am

@ Servulus, I'll just bring one for you next week so you can see them. I've got about 20 left of these things, and once they're gone that's it, I'm not getting anymore. I wish I could sell them cheaper like last time.
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:20 am

May I just say that these springs are shit strong. Stronger than a C-836 or a recon, longshot and triple shot spring put together. You only need ONE spring in your longshot, and this is the one.
    random guy
    random guy

Post  random guy Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:03 am

phuonguyen wrote:
    Servulus wrote:what is the wavelength of the spring, the thickness of the wire and the tempering (i think thats it) of the spring, and what are the compression values for the spring your lookijng at?

I have absolutely no idea, Servulus. But all I know is that it's suppose to be stronger than the stock spring.
    So I have no idea, cause both springs are stronger than the LShot spring. I think the V2 spring is the same length as the stock spring though.

All ways trust Servulus to confuse people.

Good review by the way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am