Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
Darth Lai
TooBz
inf0rm3r
hichrich
mavshot
TheBradl3s
tank720
killerbunny
xthepivotkidx
13 posters

What has happened to the night finder!?!?

xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

What has happened to the night finder!?!? Empty What has happened to the night finder!?!?

Post  xthepivotkidx Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:24 am

Okay hey everyone,

So I am doing a favour for a friend by modding his new nightfinder, and I haven't bought or seen the new ones in a while (no difference externally, I mean things like internal colours and different lubricants) And it turns out the whole plunger tube, AR and barrel is all glued together! Tell me if any of you guys are having a similar problem or if you know a way around it. I don't want to be sawing it open and ruining my friend's gun.

killerbunny
    killerbunny

What has happened to the night finder!?!? Empty Re: What has happened to the night finder!?!?

Post  killerbunny Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:29 am

I put a screwdriver down the barrel and hit it with a hammer for a while until the ar and other stuff falls out the back.

Edit: Some people like to use a drill. You should google it.

Last edited by killerbunny on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

What has happened to the night finder!?!? Empty Re: What has happened to the night finder!?!?

Post  xthepivotkidx Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:32 am

phuonguyen wrote:All of the nightfinders released in Australia has their internals glued together.

The american Nightfinders are just placed together. Or all the Brisbane ones that I've come across are glued.

Well I have modded four others and all of the pieces were placed together. Mind you it was a while ago. Maybe it's a new thing they have done?
    tank720
    tank720

Post  tank720 Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:54 am

it is and it has been going on for a while.I just drill out the air restrictors. That's why they don't want us to mod anything it does say that on the gun but nothing will stop us.
    xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

Post  xthepivotkidx Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:58 am

Okay cool, thought I would have to do something like that, but I really wanted to Petg the gun, I'll just have to see what I can do...
    tank720
    tank720

Post  tank720 Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:00 pm

i have done it look on my youtube channel tankenterprises. it can be done .
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:08 pm

I read some were (i think it was on nerfhaven idk) that if you let them soak in boiling hot water, it dissolves the 'glue' im not sure it that's true, but it would be worth a try!
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 pm

if you want to couplor it then all you have to do is open it up take it apart and cut where marked in photo then just take so 15 mm pvc pipe and put the piece cut into the pipe and glue well then attack the 15mm coupler and use more glue to hold it in place now minamize or semi minamize your gun then attack your nested barrel and shoot

https://i.servimg.com/u/f32/15/52/41/72/00110.jpg

ps nerf have been gluing nitefinders for ages the one in the photo is second gen but will work just as well as any other nite finder
    hichrich
    hichrich

Location : Sydney, NSW, Australia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post  hichrich Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:55 pm

I modded a NightFinder that was bought a while ago, and it was placed together. However, for a few months now Hasbro has been gluing them together. To get the Air Restrictors out you can either align a long screwdriver with the three prongs on the plate at the back, and then hammer it out. Or you can drill it out. I personally use the screwdriver way, but that mainly is because I can't be bothered to get the drill out. It doesn't really matter as long as you get it out one way or another.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Boil the parts in hot water and it will come off without any damage or force.

For the 10,000th time.
    tank720
    tank720

Post  tank720 Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:44 pm

I have tried that but it hasn't worked for me and i do use boiling hot water
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 pm

Leave it in there for a good 10-15 minutes.
    xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

Post  xthepivotkidx Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:38 am

Now when you say boil it in some hot water, do you mean get a kettle or something, boil the water then put it in a container with the piece in it? Or like actually boil it in a pot or something?
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:50 am

xthepivotkidx wrote:Now when you say boil it in some hot water, do you mean get a kettle or something, boil the water then put it in a container with the piece in it? Or like actually boil it in a pot or something?
    I'm pretty sure inf0rm3r ment boil some water in a kettle and then put it in a container to put the piece in.
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai

Post  Darth Lai Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 am

Delicious boiled Nite Finder for everyone!
    {Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:04 am

Stuff like nail polish remover and meth spirits works as I use it to clean up super glue spills.
    random guy
    random guy

Post  random guy Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:08 am

Nail polish remover dosn't work.
    {Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:37 am

As long as it contains acetone it should work. If not I dunno why.
    xthepivotkidx
    xthepivotkidx

Post  xthepivotkidx Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:45 am

The boiling water failed, i left it there for like an hour with a cover so the heat wouldn't escape, and no luck
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 am

AJust drill it out FFS! Learn to improvise if you can't do something else... only way you can do it. Or else you're going to get frustrated because it isn't working.
    nerf4life

Post  nerf4life Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:59 pm

xthepivotkidx wrote:Okay hey everyone,

So I am doing a favour for a friend by modding his new nightfinder, and I haven't bought or seen the new ones in a while (no difference externally, I mean things like internal colours and different lubricants) And it turns out the whole plunger tube, AR and barrel is all glued together! Tell me if any of you guys are having a similar problem or if you know a way around it. I don't want to be sawing it open and ruining my friend's gun.

yea same, I just cut it where the glued line is and drilled and hammered everything out! then I glued it back together using mix glue making sure to seal the cut. Mine now works sweet, if you think you are going to break it just take everything out the harder way. Good Luck!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:53 am