Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
ShootEmUp
Atlas8817
6 posters

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection

Atlas8817

Location : McDowall, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, The Ocean

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Empty NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection

Post  Atlas8817 Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello fellow Nerfers and Servulus (He's not just a Nerfer owns a Vulcan) and phuonguyen. today I will be writing a mod I did a couple days ago after I had "broken" (What you tell parents so they don't think your purposely breaking it) my NightFinder. The barrel had broken after a failed AR Removal then after opening up the gun, I saw it was a bigger problem then I first thought, the plunger tube had cracked where the AR was.

First I grabbed some piping I had found around the house(don't know what kind it is) and cut it down to size. Then I began to think of how I wanted the barrel to look so I thought "Injections hurt and needles are cool". I put a shitload of epoxy (2-part, 3 day cure) On the plunger tube and and the top and then the barrel.

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2711

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2712
    So I began my Mod Mission.

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2714

On to the plunger rod, I doubled o-ringed and lubed it up. (still have yet to add e-tape, what doe sit even do? if it creates a seal, what re the or-rings for?)

But i think the most important mod I did to the plunger tube was adding a small steel washer to the hole where the AR used to be in the plunger tube 'top bit'. This, IMO, allowed from a more acute stream of air.
    NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2716

So the I tested my "Lethal Injection" without a spring on the catch or the pull-back. This worked extremely well (How can it fail) so I tried a Tek 10 spring and it wouldn't catch so I added and average size pen spring and it caught every time.Now i wanted some spring that was more beefy so my Dad and I went out to get a c-836 (Stafford, Bunnings, They are very bad at stocktaking), but to no avail. Eventually my Dad went to Carseldine and got me one.

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2713

I immediately opened her up and chucked it in and began firing. Anyone notice I did not have to cut any coils off. I loaded a streamline and it didnt even leave the barrel. =/. So I got up the courage and shot myself in the face, and I found my problem. the piping I had found had too large and ID for the dart, so I got thinking, the NightFinder barrel was a perfect fit for the dart. i cut some of and tried shoving it into my barrel...........but it was too big. I grabbed my file and started shaving it down until it fit perfectly and not air could escape out the sides. I shot it (Streamline) Parallel/Flat to the ground and the dart went upwards, It Went Upwards!!! (30cm away from the ceiling).
    NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2715

I then went to my mates house and we had some fun with it and I said a small bottle on his table and thought "Hmmm, that would cool on my gun, as it could be the liquid for the injection". and I soon saw My gun was too big for that bottle, so I went about minimising it. I cut off a fair amount of the gun narrowly missing the plunger tube. I asked my dad if we had any epoxy putty or the likes and he said "Yes". I got of this weird putty (Small dabs of yellows on the inside of a white body, covered in a layer of brown/Very hard to mix). And filled in the gaps, but I ran out so I now need to fill in some more and make it smoother.
    NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2717

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Img_2718

Now all I need to do is attach that bottle.

All comments & critiscism welcome and apreciated. Also any recommendations.

Ranges
    PTG | ATG
    26.5m | 33m
    26.5m | 33.5m
    24m | 35.5m
    27.5m | 32.5m
    25m | 34m
    24.5m | 33m

Average | Average
    25.5m | 33.5m

Last edited by Atlas8817 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 am; edited 3 times in total
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection Empty Re: NightFinder Mod - Lethal Injection

Post  ShootEmUp Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Its kinda hard to understand what you have done. Is it just a barrel replacement or have you made a homemade plunger tube?
    Atlas8817

Post  Atlas8817 Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

@ShootEmUp
    I have done a barrel replacement but since it worked I have then also modified the gun and now it's a beast, so I decided to do a writeup.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:26 am

Cutting the barrel on an angle decreases the range and there is no point having the 2 extra coils on the spring as they only make it harder to prime and give no real advantage to the blaster.
    Thirdly, why is this in its own thread? Its nothing more than a modded NF.
    Atlas8817

Post  Atlas8817 Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:42 am

Every other mod write-up I've seen had its own thread. So why can't mine?
    Pois0n
    Pois0n

Post  Pois0n Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Because we've all seen it before, and its not rocket science to do a barrel replacement.

- Jacob.
    Atlas8817

Post  Atlas8817 Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:20 pm

It's not just a barrel replacement, its how to fix your NF after its broken, and make it better. And you haven't seen anything exactly like this before have you?
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Yes, unfortunately we have. Apart from the slanted barrel its standard stuff. By no means is your nitefinder crap, but it just doesn't need an entire thread to explain what you've done (or if you think you do then people don't care enough). In future just post in the pictures thread. This one needs to be locked however, no one is actually complementing/ giving constructive criticism
    random guy
    random guy

Post  random guy Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 pm

All it needs is a paintjob then any local 3yr old will wet their pants.
    Nice mod and nice ranges but what's the accuracy with a stefan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:59 pm