Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
Khail
matt.chopper
Dylbot
Nuggetsfan
TheKhakinator
sitras
Dgenx101
Chaos-Blades
12 posters

Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review)

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review) Empty Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review)

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:17 am

Mod;
    Get Spectre,
    Open it up, (3 screws in the handle, 2 in the slide & 4 or 5 others)
    open up the turret, (5 screws)
    let the AR's and barrel posts fall out, (5 restrictors, 5 small springs, 5 barrel posts, all useless shit)
    put it back together and you're done.

There you go.

It's better than an AR removed Maverick mainly because the seals are MUCH better in the plunger & the rotation Mech is much more reliable.

The 'barrel extension' is pretty cool. It doesn't do much but look badass on a longshot.
    The folding stock is a novelty. I noted that it's about 3 inch longer than the raider's stock. Good if you have long arms I guess.

The whole gun is a lot easier to holster than a mav, being slightly thinner & significantly lighter.

If you have any questions about the spectre i'd be glad to answer them.

Special thanks to Chad for the b-day present. It was not expected at all.
    Dgenx101
    Dgenx101

Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review) Empty Re: Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review)

Post  Dgenx101 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks for this, it seems alot easier than the Mavrick
    sitras
    sitras

Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review) Empty Re: Spectre AR removal - the quickest mod write-up in history (also with a bit of a review)

Post  sitras Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 am

So Chaos which would you personally choose, Spectre or maverick?
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Spectre is such a Maverick 2.0. Redone sexier and better.
    sitras
    sitras

Post  sitras Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Ok well there was no really fact to back that up, but where can i pick one up (in South-East Queensland) or will i have to get one off ebay
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Personal opinion. Like most things. It's a forum. XD

It's not released here yet.
    Nuggetsfan

Post  Nuggetsfan Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Where did you get it from?
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:33 pm

It was a birthday present. Read the thread! Or other people will flame you.
    sitras
    sitras

Post  sitras Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm

TheKhakinator wrote:It was a birthday present. Read the thread! Or other people will flame you.

Dude chill. Maybe he knew where his parents got it from or he asked his parents. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss one's post. I am sure people have flamed you, i know people have flamed me. So stop this talk about flaming and help the dam kid!

@Nuggetsfan, either PM him about something like that or you will get certain people, on your back sometimes.
    Dylbot
    Dylbot

Post  Dylbot Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 am

I just ordered one off Ebay. $50.00 and free shipping, not too bad.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 am

I think I will wait until it comes out here. After all,it is a reverse plunger.
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:52 am

TheKhakinator wrote:Spectre is such a Maverick 2.0. Redone sexier and better.

You lose 16.7% dart capacity when switching from a maverick to a spectre. I’m not sure if this extreme loss in ammo capacity is really worth the difference in weight, but I believe both have no place as a side arm; the maverick is only so popular due to its price and authentic appeal, while the only reason I could see anyone using the spectre is due to it being brand new.
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:10 am

Khail wrote:
    TheKhakinator wrote:Spectre is such a Maverick 2.0. Redone sexier and better.

You lose ONE dart when switching from a maverick to a spectre.
    That doesn't matter much to me, as the Spectre's slim form and lower weight and better rotation mech all lead to a quicker draw from holster and less shots failing to fire.

Note that I said "me", if YOU like the Maverick better I'm fine with that. After all it has more darts.

Now to wait for the $12 Spectre (LOL it'll never happen - just like the element is $35 because of its accessories, the Spectre will be $25 at the bare minimum.
    Dylbot
    Dylbot

Post  Dylbot Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:40 am

When you mod it, do you pull EVERYTHING out, or do you leave the posts in like the Maverick mod?
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 am

Being more compacts than a mav just means it has less room for a new plunger. Thus more useless.
    I well probably still get one tho.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:25 am

Khail wrote:You lose 16.7% dart capacity when switching from a maverick to a spectre. I’m not sure if this extreme loss in ammo capacity is really worth the difference in weight, but I believe both have no place as a side arm; the maverick is only so popular due to its price and authentic appeal, while the only reason I could see anyone using the spectre is due to it being brand new.
    The fact that they have a better rate of fire than any other alternative pistol (other than the barricade) makes both the spectre and maverick a better choice for a side-arm. While re-loading your primary, you may get rushed, rate-of-fire counters rushers, if you have only 1 shot (NF etc) and miss, you're boned. If you are rushed by 2 people, you WILL lose with a single shot pistol as your secondary.

Dylbot wrote:When you mod it, do you pull EVERYTHING out, or do you leave the posts in like the Maverick mod?
    Everything. You could cut the rods out, but I beleive that the seal is far superior than the maverick with or without parts of the pegs.

Psykka wrote:Being more compacts than a mav just means it has less room for a new plunger. Thus more useless.
    The plunger is THE SAME SIZE as the maverick one and there is PLENTY of room for a NF integration.

You get 1 less shot but that sacrifice is worth it for a FAR superior rotation mech, reduction in shell size and better aesthetics (the feel of the gun).
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 am

Psykka wrote:Being more compacts than a mav just means it has less room for a new plunger. Thus more useless.
    The plunger is THE SAME SIZE as the maverick one and there is PLENTY of room for a NF integration.

You get 1 less shot but that sacrifice is worth it for a FAR superior rotation mech, reduction in shell size and better aesthetics (the feel of the gun).

Sorry I was talking about for modding. If a NF tube fits in that makes it better. I'd prefer something bigger tho.
    Dgenx101
    Dgenx101

Post  Dgenx101 Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:37 am

Agreed with everying Chaos said. I got mine today and so far i dont see many problem with this blaster. My opinion is that this blaster is BETTER than the all famous Maverick. This blaster is the Maverick version 2.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:48 am

Psykka wrote:

Sorry I was talking about for modding. If a NF tube fits in that makes it better. I'd prefer something bigger tho.
    So you're talking about replacing the plunger with something bigger right?
    You want enough room inside the blaster to put in a LS or triple-shot plunger??

Get a Dart tag blaster (hyperfire)
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    Psykka wrote:

So you're talking about replacing the plunger with something bigger right?
    You want enough room inside the blaster to put in a LS or triple-shot plunger??

Get a Dart tag blaster (hyperfire)

I've got a furyfire for that. I like the priming handle at the front. But a hyperfire is a good choice yes.
    Duke
    Duke

Post  Duke Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 am

Chaos mate

Im having trouble accessing the air restrictors because i cant pry the orange plastic bit at the end of the metal rod. Ive tried using a hammer to pry it off but, but its not working

Could I ask how you removed yours?
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 am

Duke, If you are having trouble using a hammer, try using some pliers or side cutters or pincers. I have always used some small side cutters or my pincers to good affect. It takes a bit of force to get the pin out sometimes, and also watch out for the spring that is over the pin, it tends to go flying off.

Gooni.
    Duke
    Duke

Post  Duke Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:45 am

Ok thanks Gooni

I have pliers available. so ill just clamp them directly on the orange plastic thing and pull it off?

Always appreciate your help
    Twist
    Twist

Post  Twist Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:38 am

The way my friend modified mine was a bit nasty. I would have done it myself but I was busy working on my car, so he opted to mod the blaster when I didnt need his extra hands.

Basically he didnt know you could separate the barrel completely, or didnt want to break my brand new blaster while attempting to, so he just undid the screws and got a hack saw in there and cut most of the crap out. he pulled the rest out with pliers.

wrapped the seam in E-tape to help with the seal.

The way I did my Maverick was easy - side cutters underneath the front swing arm, levering towards the pin (so the fulcrum is under the swing arm, in the center of the turret). i would assume this works for the spectre too but Im not familiar enough with it to know (I havent looked at it much since I didnt mod it).

on my maverick, this pulled the metal rod through the turret and separated the rear orange pin from the rod rather than the front. so be ready to catch the spring.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:36 pm