Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
littlebro05
Silent Scope
6 posters

Longshot brass breech problems

Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Longshot brass breech problems Empty Longshot brass breech problems

Post  Silent Scope Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:03 pm

As some of you may have seen in the pictures thread, I'm developing a 21/31" brass breech utilising 16mm barrels.

Like so:
    Longshot brass breech problems Silent14

I'm currently having trouble actuating the bolt as it keeps hitting the magazine dart pusher on the last shot. The 21/32" piece doesn't want to budge through over. Has anyone here successfully designed a cut in 21/32" so that it can glide over the dart pusher? Or am I being to unrealistic by expecting such a fine pipe thickness to mesh well with plastic?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Longshot brass breech problems Empty Re: Longshot brass breech problems

Post  littlebro05 Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 pm

What do you mean you have 'trouble' actuating the bolt. Do you mean to prime it? I think you'll need to load the gun without having the gun primed but the breech closed. The clip should fit.
    Moonsword
    Moonsword

Post  Moonsword Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:27 am

I think I see what is wrong, is there a slot along the top of barrel piece, and what it might be easier to do it to remove the part of the barrel all together because otherwise it will always catch
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 am

It seems as if neither of you understood what the problem was. And now I've solved it myself and I'm going to share.

The problem was this incompatibility between the 21/32" brass and mag pusher like so:
    Longshot brass breech problems Dsc00013

And as described initially as "having trouble actuating the bolt as it keeps hitting the magazine dart pusher on the last shot. The 21/32" piece doesn't want to budge through over." Now, the original xbox 180 video was using similar bolt cover measurements to the Angel Breech, in which the bolt cover was long enough to glide on the mag dart pusher when the bolt itself was at its maximum displacement when you prime it. Mine doesn't since I'm designing the breech to accept streamline length darts.

I've decided to try something so obvious I overcomplicated the thought and didn't try the idea until last night. It's a 45 degree cut roughly at the mid-way point.

Like so:
    Longshot brass breech problems Dsc00014

I know I suck at the handsaw but still:
    Longshot brass breech problems Dsc00010

And it glides over the mag dart pusher. Whether this next pic helps or not, I'm still posting it.
    Longshot brass breech problems Dsc00012

I find that sanding the lip is very important; more so around the contact point of the bolt cover and the mag dart pusher itself.

Finally, problem solved. All I need to do now is tweak the prototype for the 26th Sep war and post a write-up then.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Excellent breech idea, I feel like the 15/32 could possibly be subbed for 12mm ALU, meaning only one brass piece is needed for the breech.

Aj
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:23 pm

can you please make a write up for it. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hichrich
    hichrich

Location : Sydney, NSW, Australia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post  hichrich Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:48 am

If you would like a write-up of the Angel breech for a longshot, head over to SGnerf, they have Forsaken Angel's original breech tutorial.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:06 am

The fact that this topic has been bumped from last month with little constructive imput has somewhat irritated me. I'm now going to update this post with a picture later just to somewhat prevent this thread from getting locked.

longstrikeguy wrote:can you please make a write up for it. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm going to take my dearest time now thanks to you. I don't feel the need to rush something that has already caused me problems during the design process. It's for your own benefit.

hichrich wrote:If you would like a write-up of the Angel breech for a longshot, head over to SGnerf, they have Forsaken Angel's original breech tutorial.
    I'm glad you mentioned that since my breech design draws on similarities from those write-ups. If anyone had a slight bit of creativity and "1337 mod skillz yo", you can pretty much replicate this mod just based on the pictures themselves as well as the information already given by me in my posts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 pm