Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
Akimbo Assassin
Khail
littlebro05
bulletproofvest
hichrich
Joey
sitras
Switchblade
EmceeParadox
13 posters

LS CS6 Spring mod

EmceeParadox
    EmceeParadox

LS CS6 Spring mod Empty LS CS6 Spring mod

Post  EmceeParadox Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 am

A few days ago i had an idea.
    Take the spring from the mavrick
    strech it it and put it in the LS
    so basically my LS has two springs now
    and OH YOUR GOD! the new range is insane

has anyone else tried this?

Last edited by EmceeParadox on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I left something out)
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

LS CS6 Spring mod Empty Re: LS CS6 Spring mod

Post  Switchblade Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 am

To be totally honest, unless you have a magical maverick spring that no one else has, those ranges aren't nearly as far as a LS+NF, or a chad spring.

My LS+NF gets about 60 feet, and thats still the lower end of the range spectrum.

Grab a measuring tape, measure 5 darts and find the average ( add all of the ranges together and divide it by the number of darts fired), then edit you post saying how far you got. And don't try and bullshit because we will know if you are.

Also, your avatar pic frustrates me, I study the art of Ninjutsu and you DP goes against everything that they/we stand for.

Last edited by Switchblade on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    EmceeParadox
    EmceeParadox

Post  EmceeParadox Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:25 am

Indoors im hitting about 25 meters
    out side im hitting about 20 meters (from the top of my balcony above the garage to the road)
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 am

Switchblade wrote:Grab a measuring tape, measure 5 darts and find the average ( add all of the ranges together and divide it by the number of darts fired), then edit you post saying how far you got. And don't try and bullshit because we will know if you are.

What part of that didn't you understand? Do NOT try to bullshit on this forum, you will get cut down each and every time.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:11 am

phuonguyen wrote:What I don't understand is why the outdoor test (standard ceiling height 2.4m + shoulder height 1.6m = 4m ) which is from a higher elevation got less range than the indoor test which is taken at about 1.6m.

It makes sense that the higher the initial position the gun is fired, the more time and more distance the dart travels as it is parabolic (year 9 maths or yr 11 physics) in the way the dart travels.

Stock the Longshot performs approximately 7m.
    Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 10-12m.
    Add a Recon spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs 12-14m.
    Add a NF spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 13-16m.
    Add a Recon spring, NF spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 15-17m
    Add a brass breech, a Recon spring, NF spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 20-26m.

I have never heard of anyone adding a Mavrick spring to a Longshot before, and I think that it is due to the sheer size of the spring in comparison to the length of the plunger. You would have to stretch the spring out until it is effectively useless. Also the spring itself is significantly weaker than the Nitefinder spring.

By your calculations, with a single Mavrick spring, your Longshot is achieving ranges that a brass breech plus 2 stock springs reaches. It would make more sense if indoors your Longshot got ranges of 15m instead of 25m, but that would still be a bit unbelievable.

I only have a LS + NF spring and mine shoots 17-18 meters with streamlines.

But yes, Emcee paradox, your calculations are wrong.
    sitras
    sitras

Post  sitras Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 am

Switchblade wrote:[]

What part of that didn't you understand? Do NOT try to bullshit on this forum, you will get cut down each and every time.

Don't you just love new people. A sense of achievement is established when you cut someone's whole theory.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 am

Switchblade wrote:I only have a LS + NF spring and mine shoots 17-18 meters with streamlines.

But yes, Emcee paradox, your calculations are wrong.

Phuonguyen's ranges are flat with no angle in the shot and I have the research to back them up. However fluke shots do happen but after a good range of tests are taken it becomes obvious what the true range is. (also darts bounce so it is best to test this on grass for most accurate results)
    hichrich
    hichrich

Location : Sydney, NSW, Australia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post  hichrich Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:06 am

I thought the ranges were a load of bullshit when I first saw them too. It's funny how he hasn't commented anymore after he got owned.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 am

Iv'e done this, but why does it need its own thread
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:06 am

bulletproofvest wrote:Iv'e done this, but why does it need its own thread

And why do you need reply to this thread if you know it shouldn't need it's own thread and yet you reply to it to update the 'pointless' thread. I replied to you because you obviously needed some guidance to your ego.
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:38 am

phuonguyen wrote:

Stock the Longshot performs approximately 7m.
    Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 10-12m.
    Add a Recon spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs 12-14m.
    Add a NF spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 13-16m.
    Add a Recon spring, NF spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 15-17m
    Add a brass breech, a Recon spring, NF spring, Ar removed and hole sealed, it performs approx 20-26m.

By your calculations, with a single Mavrick spring, your Longshot is achieving ranges that a brass breech plus 2 stock springs reaches. It would make more sense if indoors your Longshot got ranges of 15m instead of 25m, but that would still be a bit unbelievable.

I just finished my brass breech longshot. Everything else is completely stock, O-ring, lube and spring and I’m getting 20-22 meters (68-75 feet) aimed completely flat (I stuck a level to it) from shoulder height, their was no wind, and I shot it in a narrow alleyway to avoid cross winds. I used one of silent scopes darts made out of hot glue and blue foam, the dart weight is about .3g under a streamline. With a more suitable dart I would expect ranges much larger. I also plan to improve the ½” “pusher” by making it slightly longer so it slides into 17/32” brass to remove all dead space, this in addition to a appropriately constructed dart should increase the ranges even further.

. . . This is all before I even look at changing the spring (I would never simply add an additional spring to the LS spring as in my opinion this opens up more issues than necessary).

What im trying to say is that the machining skills of the individual is obviously going to be reflected in the end product, and that in some cases your numbers are a little off.

Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:56 am

Khail wrote: I just finished my brass breech longshot. Everything else is completely stock, O-ring, lube and spring and I’m getting 20-22 meters (68-75 feet) aimed completely flat

Wow that's impressive, I never guess just by changing to brass breech, without changing the spring, you can increase the range from 30 feet to 70 feet
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:01 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    Khail wrote: I just finished my brass breech longshot. Everything else is completely stock, O-ring, lube and spring and I’m getting 20-22 meters (68-75 feet) aimed completely flat

Wow that's impressive, I never guess just by changing to brass breech, without changing the spring, you can increase the range from 30 feet to 70 feet

It's not that surprising. My triple shots still have the stock spring and they get 60ft (and that's with a turret which inherently can't seal perfectly).
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 am

@Phuonguyen
    I’m about 1.6-1.65 meters tall.

@Akimbo
    Thanks. As I said early it’s not completely finished yet. I’m hoping to get 80 feet out of it without touching the spring so it will be optimal for use in FFP without making it hard to prime. I think this is definitely possible with the new “pusher” set up and tweaking the darts a little bit.

@Psykka
    That’s a triple shot. . . Not a longshot. . .

Are we comparing apples to oranges now?

Besides it was my understanding triple shots are known to shoot further than longshots
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 am

Khail wrote:
    @Psykka
    That’s a triple shot. . . Not a longshot. . .

Are we comparing apples to oranges now?

Besides it was my understanding triple shots are known to shoot further than longshots

I thought we were talking in the context of seal improvement.
    I was responding to akimbo assassin's surprise. Longshots are terrible for their air loss. Simply giving it a better seal vastly improves it.
    As with my triple shots. All they have is seal improvements.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:13 am

Yeah brass breaches give an insane improvement, which varies ALOT depending on the method used.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:14 am

Hmm I must be a lousy modder. I have done AR removal, air hole taped, replaced stock spring with Chad's spring, and reinforced the bolt sled with aluminium in my Longshot, and I only shoot about 50-70 feet parellel angle. That's with stock streamline darts with the tip filled with hot glue.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Hmm I must be a lousy modder. I have done AR removal, air hole taped, replaced stock spring with Chad's spring, and reinforced the bolt sled with aluminium in my Longshot, and I only shoot about 50-70 feet parellel angle. That's with stock streamline darts with the tip filled with hot glue.

You should be getting alot more than that for one of Chad's springs.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Psykka wrote: You should be getting alot more than that for one of Chad's springs.

Nope, the range of 50-70 feet outdoor shooting is true. I even measured with a measuring tape. It was fired at parallel angle, not at 30-45 degree like a howitzer, from a height of about 3/4 meter me kneeling down. Unless Winterstrike sold me a dogey spring, which I don't believe so
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    Psykka wrote: You should be getting alot more than that for one of Chad's springs.

Nope, the range of 50-70 feet outdoor shooting is true. I even measured with a measuring tape. It was fired at parallel angle, not at 30-45 degree like a howitzer, from a height of about 3/4 meter me kneeling down. Unless Winterstrike sold me a dogey spring, which I don't believe so

Try improving your plunger head. That must be the problem.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Psykka wrote: Try improving your plunger head. That must be the problem.

How do you improve the plunger head? Other than me added a layer of high-density foam to soften the impact, I couldn't think of a mod to the plunger head which can improve the range. Maybe you can guide me to the appropriate mod instruction.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 pm

add another O ring. put a layer of tape underneath them and lube the hell out of them. There are other ways but most are pretty much complete overhauls of the plunger head.
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 pm

I am going to make my own plunger head and add it to my brass breeched LS. It will have the best seal ever.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 am

longstrikeguy wrote:I am going to make my own plunger head and add it to my brass breeched LS. It will have the best seal ever.

With what Phuong will tell me from judging of your LongStrike because you're one of those noobs who tighten their screws in their guns so tight that they're stripped... Your breech will be a disaster.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:39 am

I used to be like that. lololololol :lol:.Those were the days, screwing up everything then blaming it on the screwdriver.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:37 am

ROFL.........If he thinks thats good I would like to show him a singled titan.
    -Adam-

Last edited by nerffirefight24 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deeerrp)
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:21 am

With what Phuong will tell me from judging of your LongStrike because you're one of those noobs who tighten their screws in their guns so tight that they're stripped... Your breech will be a disaster. [/quote]

That was the first nerf gun mod i had ever done and most of the screws were striped anyway.

I am not sure what spring to pput in my brass breeched longshot, because i dont want to break the glue but i want to get freaky ranges.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:39 pm