Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
TheBradl3s
SuctionCup
ComputersAreMyHobby
7 posters

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod

ComputersAreMyHobby
    ComputersAreMyHobby

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Empty Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod

Post  ComputersAreMyHobby Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:37 pm

A while back I bought a Clear Nite Finder and put some LEDs in it. I got bored today and decided to put some stuff up on here. If you plan to do this, I suggest you read the whole thing and watch the video so that you know what you are getting into. It's not hard, but requires a lot of hard work.

List of supplies:
    • Clear Nerf Nite Finder ($5 at Target)
    • 9V battery
    • 9V battery clip
    • SPST switch
    • SPDT switch
    • 8 LEDs; 1.9V, 20mA (Note: if you are unable to get this type, contact me and I will gladly revise the schematic for what you have available)
    • 2 68Ω resistors, 1/8 watt or higher
    • 2 10Ω resistors, 1/8 watt or higher (I discovered later that these not necessary and can be left out)
    • 330Ω resistor, 1/8 watt or higher
    • lots of wire (20 or 22 gauge is fine)
    I spent about $31 dollars total (not including the battery). There are lots of ways to change the schematic if you can't find the necessary parts at your local electronics store, so feel free to ask any questions you have about it. (computersaremyhobby@gmail.com)

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod 100_8310

Here is the full video I made and covers just about everything.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hjs_mtvVNiY?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Here is the wiring schematic for the LEDs and it wired in the gun.
    As I stated above, the 2 10Ω resistors are not necessary and can be left out

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Schema10
    Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Led10
    Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod 100_8610

ENJOY!

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod After10

Last edited by ComputersAreMyHobby on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Empty Re: Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod

Post  SuctionCup Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:36 am

Oooh! Pretty!

That was well worth the 3 minutes trying to post!
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:13 am

Nice! i like this I've just got another idea for the circuit, it doesn't incorporate the fount light but that could be easily done, Im working with: In series The Voltage is Divided and the Current Remains the Same and in parallel The voltage remains the same and the current is divided

So if you were to use 3v LED's and have then in Series Circuits of 3's in parallel (if this makes sense) you could eliminate the need for resistors, i think the light may be a little less brighter but not by much im not to sure im just working off of what i know. Anyway here's a schematic, its not very good as i only did it in a few minutes lol

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Circut

Anyway, I may be attempting something like this with my clear maverick like AJ's and Phoungs except i might use yellow LED's if i can find them lol

- Brad
    ComputersAreMyHobby
    ComputersAreMyHobby

Post  ComputersAreMyHobby Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:49 am

SuctionCup wrote:Oooh! Pretty!
    That was well worth the 3 minutes trying to post!

I didn't have much to post since the video covers just about everything.

TheBradl3s wrote:Nice! i like this I've just got another idea for the circuit, it doesn't incorporate the fount light but that could be easily done, Im working with: In series The Voltage is Divided and the Current Remains the Same and in parallel The voltage remains the same and the current is divided

So if you were to use 3v LED's and have then in Series Circuits of 3's in parallel (if this makes sense) you could eliminate the need for resistors, i think the light may be a little less brighter but not by much im not to sure im just working off of what i know. Anyway here's a schematic, its not very good as i only did it in a few minutes lol

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Circut

Anyway, I may be attempting something like this with my clear maverick like AJ's and Phoungs except i might use yellow LED's if i can find them lol

- Brad
    You are correct. Resistors were required in my schematic because i was using lower voltage LEDs (1.9V, 20mA). I am currently working on a similar mod for a clear Maverick that I have using 3V LEDs, hence that is being wired exactly as you stated (plus two more sets of 3 LEDs to give me a total of 12).

Boomstien

Clear Nerf Nite Finder LED Mod Empty Thanks

Post  Boomstien Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm glad I ran into this post. Been working on adding black light LEDs in some sonic nerfs and needed a schematic. Thanks a lot.
    ComputersAreMyHobby
    ComputersAreMyHobby

Post  ComputersAreMyHobby Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Boomstien wrote:I'm glad I ran into this post. Been working on adding black light LEDs in some sonic nerfs and needed a schematic. Thanks a lot.

No problem! I am curious to see how it turns out.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:23 pm

I've done similar with a Maverick - 3 runs of 3 x 3v blue LED's without resistor's, using a 9v battery.
    And also, 3 runs of 4 x 2v LED's (half red and half orange), using resistor's, using 2 x 14500 li-ion batteries.

I'm hoping to do a couple more Mav's in the near future, pending on acquiring blaster's at a decent price. For switching, I've used mini-slides, but have recently acquired numerous forward-clicky switches, which I believe will be perfect due to their smaller dimensions.

The NF looks nice, nearly tempted to get one myself.

@Bradl3s - try this website if you're having difficulty locating yellow led's. I've purchased from them a few times, and they're very easy to deal with:

http://www.ledsales.com.au/catalog/
    ComputersAreMyHobby
    ComputersAreMyHobby

Post  ComputersAreMyHobby Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:59 pm

clunk07 wrote:I've done similar with a Maverick - 3 runs of 3 x 3v blue LED's without resistor's, using a 9v battery.
    And also, 3 runs of 4 x 2v LED's (half red and half orange), using resistor's, using 2 x 14500 li-ion batteries.

I'm hoping to do a couple more Mav's in the near future, pending on acquiring blaster's at a decent price. For switching, I've used mini-slides, but have recently acquired numerous forward-clicky switches, which I believe will be perfect due to their smaller dimensions.

The NF looks nice, nearly tempted to get one myself.

@Bradl3s - try this website if you're having difficulty locating yellow led's. I've purchased from them a few times, and they're very easy to deal with:

http://www.ledsales.com.au/catalog/

That's really cool.

I did a mav mod but have not made a thread on it yet.

Video:
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 am

Boomstien wrote:I'm glad I ran into this post. Been working on adding black light LEDs in some sonic nerfs and needed a schematic. Thanks a lot.
    Guys don't necro a thread that's over 4 months old.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:24 am

TooBz wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realise that you were a Moderator...

I believe there is some leniency showed towards necroing a thread when there is valuable information to be added, rather than starting a whole new thread - or maybe I'm thinking of NH. My link to LED sales will benefit a number of members, as will the Mav video...
    ComputersAreMyHobby
    ComputersAreMyHobby

Post  ComputersAreMyHobby Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:42 am

clunk07 wrote:
    TooBz wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realise that you were a Moderator...

I believe there is some leniency showed towards necroing a thread when there is valuable information to be added, rather than starting a whole new thread - or maybe I'm thinking of NH. My link to LED sales will benefit a number of members, as will the Mav video...

I agree.
    You have my stamp of approval
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 am

Admittedly, I didn't realise the thread was 4.5 months old. But it's good to see people like yourself offering help with wiring LED's etc. I'm only fairly new to electronics myself, and have burnt out a crapload of LED's whilst sussing out resistor values etc (I have trouble seeing what colour the bands are sometimes!! lol)

I'm currently looking at using some RGB LED's and bi-polar LED's in a Mav or NF. Should look pretty awesome.
    ComputersAreMyHobby
    ComputersAreMyHobby

Post  ComputersAreMyHobby Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:59 am

clunk07 wrote:Admittedly, I didn't realise the thread was 4.5 months old. But it's good to see people like yourself offering help with wiring LED's etc. I'm only fairly new to electronics myself, and have burnt out a crapload of LED's whilst sussing out resistor values etc (I have trouble seeing what colour the bands are sometimes!! lol)

I'm currently looking at using some RGB LED's and bi-polar LED's in a Mav or NF. Should look pretty awesome.

I was as confused as you not so long ago. I hope my work will help you in yours.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:33 am

TooBz wrote:

Guys, don't back seat moderate.

Strike 1.

Please read the rules of the forum.

The exception to Necroing thread is if the question or reply is informative. All of which is to the discretion of the Administrator or Moderator.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:51 pm