Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+98
TomaszBurcon
Samoorai
Ungodlyfreak
spacephrawg
Pronga
False
royal86
mister_elliott
Scoutluvsu
SuctionCup
LordPork
Frankie27
jacko1120
Vavoom
Benjiman
TooBz
s3an9000
Kinetic Waffle
lefty
makeitgo
Zinv
Switchblade
Winning
NachoTaco
Nemesis
NightStalker
TrackerJack
Acerised
Drados
holdentem
boosted6
nebo1234
Slammin Sam
xnerfx
tdudey123
yeahryan
Mozart
watchadoin
Klosteral
-mirsho
neumein
random guy
melbnerf619
Dxhacksaw
Napolean
mavshot
bulletproofvest
Godspeed_22
XvGR1MREAPERvX
Psykka
lolnerf
redcricket077
oxymoron
Unknown
Synergie
killerbunny
Dietzie
Bacara
Luke
M@lew
ascendant
cr0_b0y
Servulus
JWatt7
Akimbo Assassin
Echoes
gooni
ElementGuy
Johnnus
SydneyNerfer
clunk07
Zandor
mull
Darth Lai
littlebro05
Brunius
Xoenz
matt.chopper
LostBoy
Scout
taerkitty
phuonguyen
JayDesu
TheTrueMcMuffin
Silent Scope
KingCam
Chaos-Blades
SnowDragon
Spete7
TheBradl3s
Nerph
CaptainSurprise
thestick
RL
dandaldaks
seph
Swatsonia
102 posters

The Questions Thread.

Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

The Questions Thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: The Questions Thread.

Post  Xoenz Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:54 pm

ElementGuy wrote:Is a "Chad" spring a custom made spring from Winterstrike? or is it a LS v2 spring from BT?

Chad's spring is indeed a spring sold by winterstrike.

Its performance compared to a BT V2 spring are almost the same.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 pm

For Longshot:

ChrisB Spring or BTv2 spring?
    Also...
    Does the BTv1 spring + Stock work in the longshot? I had the NF Stock Spring in it before but the rattling annoyed the hell out of me (I'm pretty sure i asked that before but i cant find the thread anymore)
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm not sure about the V2 / ChrisB spring but...

The V1 and stock spring do work together, the V1 on it's own is very weak even for a kid like me.
    Personally I use a V1 + Stock + TS combo - Works a treat.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:55 pm

sd_type wrote:For Longshot:

ChrisB Spring or BTv2 spring?
    Also...
    Does the BTv1 spring + Stock work in the longshot? I had the NF Stock Spring in it before but the rattling annoyed the hell out of me (I'm pretty sure i asked that before but i cant find the thread anymore)

I can confirm that BT V2 spring and stock LS spring are quite a good combo. Just make sure to reinforce the hell out of everything. Not sure about V1 though, as that was before my (Nerf) time.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

The Questions Thread. - Page 10 Empty Questino about lube

Post  JayDesu Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:14 am

Fristly, where the hell did that thread go with everyone talking about different types of lube for the plunger?

Secondly, its probably a no no on my behalf (but I was in a rush and had nothing else at the time) but does Vaseline work?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:18 am

It works for a while then the O-ring swells up and you can't shoot.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:09 am

sd_type wrote:Fristly, where the hell did that thread go with everyone talking about different types of lube for the plunger?

Secondly, its probably a no no on my behalf (but I was in a rush and had nothing else at the time) but does Vaseline work?

Vasaline which contain petrollium jelly? and silicon spray that contains hyrdrocarbon are not a good idea.

I use fix a tap, and i think Silent Scope does too. $5 for 10ml, bunnings.

The Questions Thread. - Page 10 235312
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks guys! (but seriously, where did that thread go?)
    Nerph
    Nerph

Post  Nerph Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:08 am

sd_type wrote:Thanks guys! (but seriously, where did that thread go?)
    I think it was in this thread before it was wiped of posts
    lolnerf
    lolnerf

The Questions Thread. - Page 10 Empty Broken Airsoft Parts Shippng??

Post  lolnerf Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:04 pm

I was wondering f customs allow you buying, for E.G a barrel or a stock from an airsoft website??
    Thank You!!
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:11 pm

As long as its distinctly identifiable as an accessory, not actually a functional part of an airsoft gun, it should be fine. I get scopes/sights/all sorts of stuff from Overseas, and I've never had an issue.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:28 am

I found a few old Tommy 20's (Yellow) in my house. Does anyone know the optimal voltage I should be putting through these flywheel blasters? And yes, they still work somehow.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:22 am

Has anyone experimented with different lengths for AT3K barrels?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 am

killerbunny wrote:Has anyone experimented with different lengths for AT3K barrels?

Not yet, but it's on my "to-do list". I've been told 1 foot is fairly ideal..
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Is it possible to reply to threads and read private messages and such on the mobile site?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Mozart wrote:Is it possible to reply to threads and read private messages and such on the mobile site?

Not that i know of, when i'm on my phone i just scroll down and click 'Classic version' so the forum will appear on your phone the same way as it does on the computer.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah, figured. It's just a pain. I don't want to see the full site and all the rubbish on it, sort of like Facebook and mobile Facebook. Cheers,

Another question.
    I use Informer's blue foam, bit of glue, weight, glue dome. I've seriously broken like, thirty tops off. Once or twice, the foam didn't escape the barrel and the tip just flung out. What the hell am I doing wrong? I have a singled LS with.. Four springs in it. It's powerful, but seriously, why do they keep breaking?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Mozart wrote:Yeah, figured. It's just a pain. I don't want to see the full site and all the rubbish on it, sort of like Facebook and mobile Facebook. Cheers,

Another question.
    I use Informer's blue foam, bit of glue, weight, glue dome. I've seriously broken like, thirty tops off. Once or twice, the foam didn't escape the barrel and the tip just flung out. What the hell am I doing wrong? I have a singled LS with.. Four springs in it. It's powerful, but seriously, why do they keep breaking?

4 springs in a LS - what are they out of? I struggle to prime mine with only 2. You should look at getting snap caps off of informer of littlebro - with washers to suit. Maybe that will help stop them from falling apart.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Hot glue darts work fine. You need to be fairly generous with the glue in the first step, rougly the equivalent of about 3mm depth pieces of 7mm diameter hot melt sticks.

If you wish, cut the glue at the given volume size and apply the glue by melting it only with the tip of the hot glue gun (as oppsosed to melting it internally traditionally) then apply the weight and dome accordingly.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Alright, this is the second time I've written this because my phone is a.. Yeah.
    Well, I use blue foam, 00 sinkers and hot glue. Seriously, one in twenty darts is dangerous, the tip comes off. I've had a few where the foam didn't leave the barrel, the tip shot god damn hard, though. I have been trailing a small amount of hot glue across the hole in the foam, dropping the weight in until it sits 85% below the surface, then chucking a nice smooth dome on there. Am I doing something wrong? I my opinion, my Longshot is pretty damn powerful. I'm going to do a write up on it.
    Clunk, I have the stock spring, a Recon, a Long Strike and a Nite Finder. This blaster was mostly a learning curve. I use it without the bolt.. Ahh, wait for the write up, should e less than a week.
    I have snap caps, I i find they're worse and less predictable than stefans. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong.. Thanks for the help, guys.

Edit: don't know why I had to read it twice, but I saw that you said about being generous with the glue before I dump the sinker in. Cheers, that makes perfect sense. Get enough in there to act like a stem.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Mozart wrote:I my opinion, my Longshot is pretty damn powerful. I'm going to do a write up on it.
    Clunk, I have the stock spring, a Recon, a Long Strike and a Nite Finder. This blaster was mostly a learning curve. I use it without the bolt.. Ahh, wait for the write up, should e less than a week.
    I have snap caps, I i find they're worse and less predictable than stefans. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong.. Thanks for the help, guys.

Yeh, it's probably just not enough glue, like SilentScope said. I had the same problem when I first started making snap-cap darts, it's easy enough to do. If you find that snap-caps are unpredictable, then I can only assume our methods of making darts are completely different. I have a LS hitting over 150ft and a Titan hitting around 400 feet, and I use blue foam snap-cap darts in both blasters (different weights), and experience very minimal fish-tailing etc, and find them to be rather accurate.

Your LS sounds pretty interesting - the write-up should be good to see.

Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:42 pm

I guess it's safe to assume yours is brass breached? 150' Sounds nice, what else have you done to it? Hahaa, mine is a bit funny. When I say learning curve, I mean it's extremely impractical. I'll get a write up done asap.

Yeah, for sure about the glue. Such a simple concept and I've wasted so much material.. Oh well, another learning curve. I repaired a couple with broken off tops using a lot of glue and found that the glue melts the foam really easily. Guess you just have to find a balance between as much glue as possible and not melting the foam.

Surely that Titan could kill things? That is absolutely rediculous. If it was pinpoint accurate, you might as well use it as a hunting rifle. If it can hit 400' with snap cap darts, I am the worst dart Smith ever. My LS is impressive to me, remember that part, hahaa. It'd come in just under 100' I reckon and ruins darts, so I definitely need to update my build process.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:10 am

Mnm another Reason for your glue domes falling off could be the lack of quality of the glue?. Some hot glue sticks, espicially coloured ones are not strong enough/do do bond well. So maybe try different brands of gluesticks.

Also if your hot glue gun is melting away the foam, then it's temperature is too hot. And unless you have skillfull timing in turning off and on the power to give a moderate temperature, you might be better off using a 'ozito cordless gluegun' , its $16 from bunnings in the tools area and has dual temperature, the low temperature is perfect for foam and making darts.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 am

Probably poor glue, hahaa. EBay quality! Stuff from Mitre 10 is pretty expensive, six bucks for ten 7mm sticks. This stuff cost me eight bucks for 3.2 times that.. It still works alright. I just didn't have enough glue going down the hole in the blank, they were more or less sitting on top. Thanks for the help!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 am

Mozart wrote:I guess it's safe to assume yours is brass breached? 150' Sounds nice, what else have you done to it?
    Yeah, for sure about the glue. Such a simple concept and I've wasted so much material.. Oh well, another learning curve. I
    Surely that Titan could kill things? That is absolutely rediculous. If it was pinpoint accurate, you might as well use it as a hunting rifle.
    I've put alot of time in to tweaking my LS's, I've done a tutorial on the spec's of mine. And that's 150 feet, shoulder height, minimal angle (natural angle of firing). I've also put alot of time in getting the perfect weighted dart.

Yeh mate - it's all about the learning curve. Not a great deal else in life is as rewarding as that!

The Titan is 400 feet average angled. Probably around 170 feet flat, and extremely accurate. Once again, I feel the secret is in the weight of the darts. And I haven't even really played around with finding the perfect barrel length yet. As for damage - I've systematically slowed down the invasion of stray cats in my yard with it. Haven't hit many, but scared the shit out of alot of them!! From about 40 feet away, it puts dents and creases in the colourbond panels of my garage doors, and smashes the snap caps to pieces. Obviously, this is only a shits n giggles blaster - definitely too OP for human consumption...

Last edited by clunk07 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:18 am

[quote="clunk07"]
    Mozart wrote:I guess it's safe to assume yours is brass breached? 150' Sounds nice, what else have you done to it?
    Yeah, for sure about the glue. Such a simple concept and I've wasted so much material.. Oh well, another learning curve. I
    Surely that Titan could kill things? That is absolutely rediculous. If it was pinpoint accurate, you might as well use it as a hunting rifle. quote]

I've put alot of time in to tweaking my LS's, I've done a tutorial on the spec's of mine. And that's 150 feet, shoulder height, minimal angle (natural angle of firing). I've also put alot of time in getting the perfect weighted dart.

Yeh mate - it's all about the learning curve. Not a great deal else in life is as rewarding as that!

The Titan is 400 feet average angled. Probably around 170 feet flat, and extremely accurate. Once again, I feel the secret is in the weight of the darts. And I haven't even really played around with finding the perfect barrel length yet. As for damage - I've systematically slowed down the invasion of stray cats in my yard with it. Haven't hit many, but scared the shit out of alot of them!! From about 40 feet away, it puts dents and creases in the colourbond panels of my garage doors, and smashes the snap caps to pieces. Obviously, this is only a shits n giggles blaster - definitely too OP for human consumption...

Oh dear..

R.I.P my fellow cat friends
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:34 am

Xoenz wrote:
    Oh dear..

R.I.P my fellow cat friends

They're all still alive - just a little bit more apprehensive when it comes to infiltrating my base of operations!!

This is the results of the Titan fired from 30 feet away from my workshop door. Note the rather impressive shot grouping.

The Questions Thread. - Page 10 Dsc_0325
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 am

Shits and giggles indeed! Hahaa, so you do use it for a bloody hunting rifle! Yes, I find a similar problem with my Longshot, even though I'm sure it's no where near as powerful. I have a problem shooting it inside, because it's slowly ruining my walls! There are little dents all over the place and two small holes that I have to fix....... Whoops.

I agree completely, in my experience, I admit is limited, there is nothing more important than the perfect dart. Your blaster could shoot four hundred feet, but what's the point if your darts have no idea where they're going? In my Longshot, I've had best results with 1 1/2" blue foam, 00 sinker and glue dome. I actually found the snap caps to wobble in flight a little. clearly, I'm doing something wrong, lol.

I agree, again, what fun would any of it be if you didn't learn anything?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 am

Mozart wrote:Shits and giggles indeed! Hahaa, so you do use it for a bloody hunting rifle! Yes, I find a similar problem with my Longshot, even though I'm sure it's no where near as powerful. I have a problem shooting it inside, because it's slowly ruining my walls! There are little dents all over the place and two small holes that I have to fix....... Whoops.

I agree completely, in my experience, I admit is limited, there is nothing more important than the perfect dart. Your blaster could shoot four hundred feet, but what's the point if your darts have no idea where they're going? In my Longshot, I've had best results with 1 1/2" blue foam, 00 sinker and glue dome. I actually found the snap caps to wobble in flight a little. clearly, I'm doing something wrong, lol.

I agree, again, what fun would any of it be if you didn't learn anything?

Lol you keep saying that, just relax to be hard on yourself and try new things

yeahryan
    yeahryan

The Questions Thread. - Page 10 Empty Barricade battery mod?

Post  yeahryan Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:07 am

Hey i was wondering if anyone knows if you can run a barricade off 8 aa battery's and if so what needs to be done to get it to?. Ive already got it running of a 9 volt and it works great. But when i hook it up to 8 aa it runs for a few seconds and then slows down and stops working.Any help wolud be appreciated.

Merged into the Questions thread. Please post questions in here next time. - Brad
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 am

yeahryan wrote:Hey i was wondering if anyone knows if you can run a barricade off 8 aa battery's and if so what needs to be done to get it to?. Ive already got it running of a 9 volt and it works great. But when i hook it up to 8 aa it runs for a few seconds and then slows down and stops working.Any help wolud be appreciated.

That's way too much voltage for the motor's to handle. Even 9v is pushing it, and you'll get bugger-all run-time on 9v batteries.

It's best to stick to what's been proved to not destroy the motor's. 2 x 14500 li-ion batt's, with a spacer/dummy. Puts out around 8.4v fully charged, and you'll notice minimal difference between this set-up and a 9v.
    tdudey123
    tdudey123

Post  tdudey123 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:33 am

Dude, that's WAY too much for the poor little motors to take. After they get to a certain point of excessive power, they shut off automatically. An I'm not gonna tell you how to over-ride that command cause it's very dangerous.

People have proved that 2 3.7V AA batteries and 1 spacer battery has the same feel and range as 9V, so it won't be much of a difference. And after testing the motors, the max voltage they can take and continuously run for more than 60 seconds is 8.7V.

So if you want the maximum SAFE amount of power the motors can take without burning out, try to pump 8.7V to the motor.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:37 am

LOL 15V is over kill. Have you seen the size of the thing!? It's tiny. It's like making you run 40km/h on the the treadmill and BAM fall off.

Look around for some guides, there's plenty out there :).
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:46 am

tdudey123 wrote:
    People have proved that 2 3.7V AA batteries and 1 spacer battery has the same feel and range as 9V, so it won't be much of a difference. And after testing the motors, the max voltage they can take and continuously run for more than 60 seconds is 8.7V.

They're not AA batteries.... see my last post.

@yeahryan - like littlebro said, try my mod guide:

http://www.oznerf.com/t2735-nerf-barricade-momentary-action-switch-9v-and-laser-dot-modification?highlight=momentary
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 am

Does anyone have a way to repair a broken Magstrike Bladder? Mine has a large tear down the bladder which is too large to use fillers in.
    I bought the Magstrike off a Kmart clearance shelf, so exchanging is an impossibility. At least it was only $14.50

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:30 pm