Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Akimbo Assassin
Xoenz
Chaos-Blades
Synergie
8 posters

*Possible* New Sydney War Location

Poll

Would you be interested in coming on down South?

[ 5 ]
    *Possible* New Sydney War Location Bar_left63%*Possible* New Sydney War Location Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 3 ]
    *Possible* New Sydney War Location Bar_left37%*Possible* New Sydney War Location Bar_right [37%] 
    [ 0 ]
    *Possible* New Sydney War Location Bar_left0%*Possible* New Sydney War Location Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Synergie
    Synergie

*Possible* New Sydney War Location Empty *Possible* New Sydney War Location

Post  Synergie Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 am

This may be the wrong time to begin discussing this but I have never bothered to bring it up in the past as I assumed it would be shot down straight away due to the location. But I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm since organising the Bicenntennial Park war. This park is seconds from my house, however don't assume the location is why I am suggesting this, as you will see in the photos and the *slightly* shaky video walkthrough, this is a unique and lucrative location.

The Hurstville National Heritage Park is apart of Gannons Park, which is a sports field, dividing the two parks is a small carpark, which gives excellent access. There are NEVER any bystanders down in the heritage park, which is useful for Nerf wars. Dont let the name fool you, we can trample all over the park, it's not "Heritage" listed or is a protected area.

To describe the park, the pictures do so the best but why I think it is a great area for Nerf as it simulates Trench warfare, pathways are bordered by tall mounds of Mulch with trees in them, yielding some exciting Prone/Crouch action. I would compare the area to a "Speedball" field used in Paintball which usually gives, hard and fast skirmish action, which I LOVE. We do not need artificial cover as there are plenty of trees, shrubbery and tall mounds to hide behind and the ground is entirely Mulch, which makes retrieving darts very easy.

In terms of the location, it is about half an hour South of the Sydney CBD (use the Google Maps link above to work out how far away it is for you), which may discourage some, that said I make the trek to Chatswood/Bicenntennial/Centennial Park and blood doesnt rush out of me, however I understand some parents may not wish to drive the kids so far. Therefore, the point of this thread is expressions of interest, I think you would all agree the park itself would be very fun to use, but given the location, we need to consider how many will be interested in making the trek down. Let me make it very clear, do not discount this idea instantly, have a chat with your parents/caregivers/siblings on your options because I strongly feel you will have a heap of fun at this field.

*Possible* New Sydney War Location Captureye.th *Possible* New Sydney War Location Imag0018g.th *Possible* New Sydney War Location Imag0019bq.th *Possible* New Sydney War Location Imag0020ol.th *Possible* New Sydney War Location Imag0021ny.th

Video:

Discuss.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

*Possible* New Sydney War Location Empty Re: *Possible* New Sydney War Location

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 am

That place looks fantastic for a nerf war, too bad I don't live in NSW.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:16 am

Dude that looks awesome.

And only 20 min away from me, I'd love to go there for a Nerf War.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:49 am

Looks like a great place for jungle / woodland warfare. It will go well with your tactical vest if it has the matching camoflage colour.
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 am

That spot looks like a pretty good place for a Nerf war, and I would be able to get parents to drive me as my grandma used to live in Kogarah, so driving down there wouldn't be much of a hassle. That being said though, it seems like you would need at least 10 people for such a large space (well, from what I can see). But as you mentioned, this was only a possible location for a war.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:32 am

I love it. Hurstville isn't far once I get onto the m5. About 20-30 mins total travel. I'd honesty prefer this over Bicentennial. I just need to get me some kneepads and some camo pants :P.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:47 am

SydneyNerfer wrote:That spot looks like a pretty good place for a Nerf war, and I would be able to get parents to drive me as my grandma used to live in Kogarah, so driving down there wouldn't be much of a hassle. That being said though, it seems like you would need at least 10 people for such a large space (well, from what I can see). But as you mentioned, this was only a possible location for a war.

In the image above where I drew on the Satellite image, the area I marked "Trenches" isn't a large area, much smaller than the park at Chatswood, we can structure our games to cater for the size of the area, but I would like about 10 participants regardless.

Echoes wrote:I love it. Hurstville isn't far once I get onto the m5. About 20-30 mins total travel. I'd honesty prefer this over Bicentennial. I just need to get me some kneepads and some camo pants :P.

The store I spoke about in this thread, has a great range of camo pants, Jeff reckoned the material is fairly rugged, but I guess adding kneepads would be a good idea regardless, he has those also.
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 am

Synergie wrote: In the image above where I drew on the Satellite image, the area I marked "Trenches" isn't a large area, much smaller than the park at Chatswood, we can structure our games to cater for the size of the area, but I would like about 10 participants regardless.
    Great for tactical based games like CTF.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:10 am

Synergie wrote:Jeff reckoned the material is fairly rugged, but I guess adding kneepads would be a good idea regardless, he has those also.

I don't doubt the material is rugged... but all those years of sporting injuries means my knees aren't.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 am

If I get to about ten participants willing to come down, I will try and put this war on either Sunday-week (not likely) or a couple days later (19th, still not likely), or the most likely candiate is the weekend of the 7th/8th of May (Work permitting) I'm trying to cram another war on as I'm just so keen for some with my new gear arriving soon.
    Twist
    Twist

Post  Twist Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 am

Im in sutherland so I am definitely keen on this spot.
    lolnerf
    lolnerf

*Possible* New Sydney War Location Empty WAR!!

Post  lolnerf Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:49 am

Yes, Finally a war only 10 min away!!! And My Dad Can Drop Me Of On The Way To His Work!!!! There is an army store in bankstown that sells ghillie suits for only $69 and i'm sure you could settle a deal with them!
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 am

lolnerf wrote:Yes, Finally a war only 10 min away!!! And My Dad Can Drop Me Of On The Way To His Work!!!! There is an army store in bankstown that sells ghillie suits for only $69 and i'm sure you could settle a deal with them!

I'm not that interested in a full-blown ghille suit and I'm fairly set on giving the store in Lakemba return business as he struck a up a great relationship with me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am