Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Nemesis
bulletproofvest
Chaos-Blades
Swatsonia
pez7
RL
XvGR1MREAPERvX
11 posters

+ Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 +

XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

+ Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 + Empty + Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 +

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 am

So, after a very long day at work, I decided to drop into 'awesome-village' (<--mod changed it.. A.K.A Bay-Village) shopping centre. I had some $100 spending money in my wallet and I saw the Vulcan. The gun I have always wanted. So I bought it and went home.
    Now, the box was fairly big. I managed to get through the front door without tripping on it and falling asleep on the poor thing. I grabbed a screwdriver and scissors. I opened it and managed to pull the thing out of the box.

I put the gun together as instructed and tested it, it was so awesome. I walked around the house pretending to be Scarface repeating "Say Hello To My Little Friend" then spraying my wall with a hail of bullets.
    I done a range test and shot it down my hallway, whatever gun manages to hit the curtain is good and the Vulcan did just that, it has pretty good accuracy too.
    It is fairly weighty and bulky, it is rather hard to maneuver. It is probably best used as a weapon to give your team-mates some covering fire while they reload.
    Reloading isn't great either, but for about 10 seconds of fun, its worth the 1-2 minute reload. Imagine doing that in CoD.

Time for the rating..
    Accuracy: 8/10 - Great accuracy for such a big gun.
    Range: 8.5/10 - Not many stock Nerf guns get good range, but for mine, it was outstanding.
    Mobility: 4/10 - Isn't great, but what do you expect, its a big gun.
    ROF: 9.5/10 - It has the highest Rate Of Fire out of any weapon I have used.
    Reloading: 5/10 - It looks awesome, but its a pain.

OVERALL: 9/10 - One of the coolest guns I have. If you have the money, you need to go get this gun. It's one of the most awesome and useful guns. You can absolutely dominate any opponent with this gun. The only downside, is the reloading. Weight isn't a big issue, after all, they gave you a tripod.

+ Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 + Nerf_v10

Last edited by XvGR1MREAPERvX on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a picture... and fixed spelling.)
    RL
    RL

+ Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 + Empty Re: + Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 +

Post  RL Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:57 am

I hope they weren't selling it for $100; that you still got some change for other things to buy and a maccas run.

But yeah the Vulcan is amazing, at least if you know how to operate it. Don't let little kids use it - yesterday my friend's vulcan was being wielded by an 11 year old like it was some kind of hedge trimmer. Give them a Reflex or something
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 am

2120 wrote:I hope they weren't selling it for $100; that you still got some change for other things to buy and a maccas run.

But yeah the Vulcan is amazing, at least if you know how to operate it. Don't let little kids use it - yesterday my friend's vulcan was being wielded by an 11 year old like it was some kind of hedge trimmer. Give them a Reflex or something

Yeah, I had some change left and yeah, I had maccas for dinner while I was there.
    I haven't jammed it or anything yet, some idiots claim that it is broken when the jammed it up by not knowing how to use it properly.
    My little step brother wanted one for his birthday but even I had trouble trying not to drop it (while using the bolt like a Longshot). It's heavy, but worth the money just in its weight alone..
    K-mart was a rip off though, with cheap batteries, it left me stranded with $25 left in my wallet.
    pez7
    pez7

Post  pez7 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:11 am

@ GrimRreaper Nice Review

I have owned a Vulcan for a little while now (about 3 months) and it is a very good gun (also one of my favourites). First of all its accuracy is great. And the ROF on the Vulcan is good.And can be extremely useful in team situations such as providing cover fire. I have never had it jam on me either.

The major problem with the Vulcan is how bulky it is. It is not the ideal gun if you want maneuverability. Also the time it takes to reload is very long. Also quite expensive (I didn't buy mine got it as a present). Maintenance is expensive as D batteries aren't very cheap.

In the end this gun is very very fun and is also very reliable and useful.

XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 am

pez7 wrote:@ GrimRreaper Nice Review

I have owned a Vulcan for a little while now (about 3 months) and it is a very good gun (also one of my favourites). First of all its accuracy is great. And the ROF on the Vulcan is good.And can be extremely useful in team situations such as providing cover fire. I have never had it jam on me either.

The major problem with the Vulcan is how bulky it is. It is not the ideal gun if you want maneuverability. Also the time it takes to reload is very long. Also quite expensive (I didn't buy mine got it as a present). Maintenance is expensive as D batteries aren't very cheap.

In the end this gun is very very fun and is also very reliable and useful.

Yeah, its pretty awesome. The next gun they manufacture should be like the Stampede and Vulcan combined into a smaller, more more compact size. Even better if it looked like an assault rifle.

I reckon the Deploy looks like the FAMAS, the recon when painted - M4, the Vulcan - SAW.

Last edited by XvGR1MREAPERvX on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Herp Derp)
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 am

Due to the belt feed, it's more like an M60.

But, back on track, if used correctly, yes, it is a good blaster, but it isn't really flexible in its uses.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 am

XvGR1MREAPERvX wrote:Yeah, its pretty awesome. The next gun they manufacture should be like the Stampede and Vulcan combined into a smaller, more more compact size. Even better if it looked like an assault rifle.

I reckon the Deploy looks like the FAMAS, the recon when painted - M4, the Vulcan - Stoner.

You mean like a clip-fed barricade? Search it up in this forum, it's quite awesome
    pez7
    pez7

Post  pez7 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:28 am

It is good I don't know why so many people have bagged the vulcan.
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:29 am

Swatsonia wrote:Due to the belt feed, it's more like an M60.

But, back on track, if used correctly, yes, it is a good blaster, but it isn't really flexible in its uses.

Yeah, I couldn't think of the guns name so I just said stoner.. going back to edit..

@2120: Yeah, I'll have a look man.

@pez7: I agree

Last edited by XvGR1MREAPERvX on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't feel like double posting.)
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:50 am

The only problem with the vulcan is that it needs a bit of work if you want to modify it to compete with more heavily-modified blasters.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:52 am

Doesn't look anything like an M60, more like a browning if anything
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:57 am

bulletproofvest wrote:

More off-topic, Probably closer to the SAW than the browning or the m60 but still,

it doesn't look like a real gun
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:22 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    bulletproofvest wrote:

More off-topic, Probably closer to the SAW than the browning or the m60 but still,

it doesn't look like a real gun

Unless it's been painted.
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 am

Sorry about the double post but,

I'm going to do a few more reviews after I drop some logs.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 pm

XvGR1MREAPERvX wrote:
    I done a range test and shot it down my hallway, whatever gun manages to hit the curtain is good and the Vulcan did just that, it has pretty good accuracy too.
    Did you find with the range test that the 3rd dart seems to drop shorter them the other ones?
    I like chasing the nephews around the back yard like I'm Rambo/Nemesis. They think it's funny.
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:42 am

Nemesis wrote:
    XvGR1MREAPERvX wrote:
    Did you find with the range test that the 3rd dart seems to drop shorter them the other ones?
    I like chasing the nephews around the back yard like I'm Rambo/Nemesis. They think it's funny.

Not really..? Some guns are different, yours might fall short after every 3rd dart, mine might be fine and shoot consistently. I did not really take any notice, but I haven't shot mine in a while because I have no one to shoot at..
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:28 am

If only the vulcan was easier to modify, it might actually be a pretty decent blaster. The plunger arm is too weak too... but, most of you will never find this out.

As for range, i was getting an average of 70ft from my vulcan.... then the plunger arm was torn in half!
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 am

I want one
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:41 am

Servulus wrote:If only the vulcan was easier to modify, it might actually be a pretty decent blaster. The plunger arm is too weak too... but, most of you will never find this out.

As for range, i was getting an average of 70ft from my vulcan.... then the plunger arm was torn in half!
    I am trying to get around to modifing mine but have some more inportant things going on. I have wondered why there are no upgrade springs for them, because 70ft would be a great.
    Sevulus did you upgrade your motor
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Nemesis wrote:
    Servulus wrote:If only the vulcan was easier to modify, it might actually be a pretty decent blaster. The plunger arm is too weak too... but, most of you will never find this out.

I am trying to get around to modifing mine but have some more inportant things going on. I have wondered why there are no upgrade springs for them, because 70ft would be a great.
    Sevulus did you upgrade your motor

No need to touch the motor, it is just a case of removing the AR and installing a 25lb spring. As to where these springs come from, that i cant help you with.
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 am

Ouch

LostBoy wrote:I want one
    Go get one.. They are awesome ^.^
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 am

Servulus wrote:No need to touch the motor, it is just a case of removing the AR and installing a 25lb spring. As to where these springs come from, that i cant help you with.
    Springs I can get made up and did you find the 25lb spring was good or less lbs. It's hard to find anyone that knows because no one seems to do this mod.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:19 am

Nemesis wrote:
    Servulus wrote:No need to touch the motor, it is just a case of removing the AR and installing a 25lb spring. As to where these springs come from, that i cant help you with.
    Springs I can get made up and did you find the 25lb spring was good or less lbs. It's hard to find anyone that knows because no one seems to do this mod.

I do need to do some spring maths sometime as i try to adjust the strength of the spring within the limits that i have. Am going to try playing with the thickness of the wire first. But personally i would rather get the plunger arm cnc machined from a billet of aluminium.

I wouldnt go any bigger than 25lbs need to work backwards from there, but i should have taken more springs to the spring manufacturer so i could have found their loads, so i could have gotten a better picture of the upper and lower limit. Would have made it easier to work out how much less i needed to go.

I guess i might try in 5lb increments and will one day need to order a set to be made. No rush.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon May 02, 2011 1:33 am

I love my Vulcans.

It's hard to understand why some people don't like them.

I probably focused on the ROF more (I watched that "manapotions" video and got carried away).

But recently I came by a semi suitable spring and gave it a go, with better results.

I haven't done anything with the plunger seal, and haven't even looked at reinforcing the plunger arm, as I have several Vulcans which can be used for spares.

I also have some heavier motors that will fit straight in if I burn one out.

I don't really focus on this one, but now it's been mentioned I'll probably glue the clutch, try to reinforce the plunger arm, tighten the plunger seal (via different o ring), and fit a heavier spring if I can find one for it.

Here's where I'm at with it now.

https://youtu.be/88510fgb3Jk
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 2:38 am

My first blaster was a vulcan, and I still haven't done any mods to it. Although, looking at your vid, it does look slightly more interesting than I first thought.

How's your TV holding up to the constant bombardment of darts?
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 am

After that video, the wife "reviewed" our OH&S policy.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 2:50 am

oznerfnerd wrote:After that video, the wife "reviewed" our OH&S policy.

Ahh, I see that, like myself, you have a wife who is a member of the "Fun Police"!!!!

Are they AW unprotected 14500's in the vid? (I may have asked you this before).
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 am

oznerfnerd wrote:After that video, the wife "reviewed" our OH&S policy.

oznerfnerd: I see that you have a series one vulcan, that clutch problem was a common fault of the series on vulcans. The vulcans you can buy today are series 2 vulcans, that clutch problem has been fixed.

How do you know if you have a series 1 or series 2 vulcan?

It is the little barrel extension piece, this is only found on the series 1 vulcan.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone else that has a vulcan and wasnt happy with it, check to see if it was a series 1 or not. As the series 1 vulcan was quietly replaced by Hasbro (so that they didnt have to recall them). If you only had a series 1 vulcan before, try a new one from a large retailer these should all be series 2 vulcans.

Edit: Oh has anyone noted that those that seem to like the vulcan the most are older nerfers, I wonder if there is something to this.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon May 02, 2011 3:15 am

OK,

I didn't know that.

Like I said, I haven't really focused on the Vulcan, I just pull it apart to "hot rod" it time to time.

I hate clutches in all blasters, and tend to glue them all when I have the thing apart.

Cheers for that new info.

They are deal extreme's trustfire unprotected 14500's by the way Clunk.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 am

Cheers Servulus, I'm obviously not quite old enough to appreciate the Vulcan!!!

@OzNerfNerd - how do you find the trustfire's? I have some ordered, but I doubt I'll be seeing them any time soon.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 am

Servulus wrote:Edit: Oh has anyone noted that those that seem to like the vulcan the most are older nerfers, I wonder if there is something to this.

It's got me buggered.

My days of going at 600-700 rounds per minute are just a fond memory...

Hey, maybe that's it!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am