Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
blakefield
Roger Explosion
6 posters

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more

Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more Empty Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more

Post  Roger Explosion Tue May 26, 2009 5:51 am

I did this mod at 3 in the morning, so its a little rough.

You will need:
    -Wipeout gun
    -17/32 Stock brass tube
    -Screwdriver
    -Hacksaw
    -Knife (A sharp one, like a pocket knife or scapel)
    -decent sized pliers
    -Small half round file
    -2 Part Expoxy glue

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1847
    Its best not to start out with a work space this messy

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1819
    First up you will need your decent sized pliers to remove the sight. Grab on to it tight and twist off. The glue should give way easy. You can keep it if you wanna put it back on.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1821
    Then get to work removing the orange ring in the same way. but this one is a little harder to do.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1825
    Then you will be left with this. Slide off the purple ammo holder and keep it. There is no glue holing it back.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1828
    Take out the screws and you're inside. When i opened mine, the orignal barrel and a spring flew out. They are pictured abouve the gun, if you can see them through the clutter.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1830
    Now take out the plunger tube. The purple ring over it is the part which stops you pulling the trigger when the handle is up, you can get rid of it, or keep it. Your choice

Now heres an exploded view of the punger assembly. The shorter but wider spring is there to slow the plunger head down, so get rid of it.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1836
    Now we focus on the plunger tube. You don't want that black rubber on there, so remove it with pliers, knife and file. Or use what ever you feel like.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1837
    untill you're left with this

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1841
    Then cou a 10cm (4inch) section of brass tube, file the cuts down smooth and then glue it onto the plunger tube. try your best to get it in the middle over the hole. Then leave it to dry. its recommended to leave the plunger head inside the tube when its drying so that the lubricant doesn't dry out.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1831
    When its dry (16 hours later) put it back together. Make sure this part is facing the top

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1832
    Becasue that spike goes into the hole in the metal arm to cock it.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1845
    This is optional, but take the orignal barrel and cut a 1cm piece out.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1848
    Like so. and then file down the inside so it fits over the brass barrel. I pushed it down a little too far.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1852
    Then stick it over the brass barrel and this will help keep it from moving around. You could glue it onto the brass in place, but don't glue it to the case if you want to open it again.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1855
    Dry fit the sight and ammo holder and your done. Those parts will sit on nicely without glue. Make sure you don't glue them on if you want to be able to open it again.

It gets around 60 feet flat.

But now some more

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1863
    So i noticed that there was heaps of free space for the spring.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1859
    So i got about 1cm of this metal tube i found in the shed

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1862
    and sliped it over this part.

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1868
    And now it looks like this. so it compresses the spring some more. and now gets about 70 feet flat.

now i have no idea where to get this metal tube from, but you have to remember that what ever you use it has to fit over where the sping sits

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more IMGP1866
    and it has to also fit inside this hole, or the plunger head will not go the whole way down.

Last edited by Roger Explosion on Wed May 27, 2009 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    blakefield
    blakefield

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more Empty Re: Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more

Post  blakefield Tue May 26, 2009 8:25 am

Nice clean mod . I rekon it will improve ranges slightly, and make it hella more accurate.
    kingkottah
    kingkottah

Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more Empty Re: Wipeout Brass Barrel writeup: Now with some more

Post  kingkottah Tue May 26, 2009 8:35 am

Very clean looking mod. So these wipe out guns are desent? Very nice collection of er stuff.
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Wed May 27, 2009 4:23 am

It now gets around 60 feet flat when using taggers. Mind you, it could only get around 30 feet stock.

I wonder if the springs are shorter, becasue there is a fair bit of free space between the spring and the plunger. it rattles around when its uncocked.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Sat May 30, 2009 7:28 am

With stefans, these things are absoulte jems! And for only $9.97 how can you go wrong.
    unter300
    unter300

Post  unter300 Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm

nice mod, i was thinking of getting one of those guns
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:12 am

I just tried this mod and my wipeout now has slightly worse range than when it was using micro taggers. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I found some 10mm copper tube to compress the spring further. It makes a really loud noise now whenever you fire it.

The range is only a tiny bit worse but it uses stefans now which is good. I can't fire micro taggers out of it anymore but those things are expensive.
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 am

I find that mine also has issues with taggers. thay fly off to the right like crazy. But they still go way further than when stock. Stefans or converted darts are the way to go with this mod. They will go even further if you ramrod them in (use a stick or some kinda rod and push the dart all the way to the back of the barrel).

and yes it does make a massive amount of noise when it fires. the spring bounces around after its fired. I put back the spring that was behind the plunger head to tone down the sound, but its still loud. it just stops the spring bouncing around. but it affected the range by about 10 feet.
    blakefield
    blakefield

Post  blakefield Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 am

Once i find a good local brass supplier, i think i will do this mod, i picked up the set of 2 for 14 dollars =)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:15 pm