Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+11
bulletproofvest
SydneyNerfer
Mozart
clunk07
Benjiman
iamlome
KingCam
littlebro05
Slammin Sam
oxymoron
Kat
15 posters

sales thread (foam, snap caps and conduit)

Kat
    Kat

sales thread (foam, snap caps and conduit) - Page 2 Empty Re: sales thread (foam, snap caps and conduit)

Post  Kat Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:41 pm

danerfdude wrote:I would like a bag of 1000 black snap caps, 4 metres of the Grey FBR,and 4 metres of 16mm grey conduit. That come to a total of $39.80? by my calculations. I'm in a bit of a rush, so that might be a bit off, correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind picking it up at the place we met last time- Norwest Maccers. Let me know if that's convenient. This might need to be in a couple of weeks, as I can't confirm when exactly, probably a weekend. If that's OK. Thanks
    hey
    Time wise, its all good
    What size snap caps do you want?
    What size do you want the grey conduit in?
    Do you want the foam in a roll?

@sydneynerfer
    Nah, its all good.
    Roughly where do you live again?
    I can probably do this thursday or friday since you live close.
    For postage, last time I sent a package for oxymoron, the conduit was about 2" in length so postage was like 11 dollars.
    Cost:
    - foam, $3.60
    - conduit, $2.50
    - couplers, $3.00
    total: $9.10
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

sales thread (foam, snap caps and conduit) - Page 2 Empty Re: sales thread (foam, snap caps and conduit)

Post  SydneyNerfer Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

modded_nerf wrote:]
    @sydneynerfer
    Nah, its all good.
    Roughly where do you live again?
    I can probably do this thursday or friday since you live close.
    For postage, last time I sent a package for oxymoron, the conduit was about 2" in length so postage was like 11 dollars.
    Cost:
    - foam, $3.60
    - conduit, $2.50
    - couplers, $3.00
    total: $9.10

Ok, pick up is good for me too, so could you PM me your address? (Not trying to sound creepy ) Does 4pm this Friday sound good for you? It's good for me.

So that's $10, right? Haha. Buy your self something nice with the 90c tip for good tradesman ship.

Oh yeah, and I live in Turramurra. So 10 minutes away.

One last thing! If you have already than don't worry, but don't bother cutting the barrels, I'll just do them my self.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Hey everyone! When someone receives the grey FBR please tell me how good it is! I'm planning to buy some just don't know if it's good in any barrels.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:47 pm

TooBz wrote:Hey everyone! When someone receives the grey FBR please tell me how good it is! I'm planning to buy some just don't know if it's good in any barrels.
    What type of barrel are you useing?
    I can make a video of it if you want.
    Also, what do you mean how good it is? The fit in barrel?
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 am

I just remembered about the payment. Would you still like the bank transfer? Or can I just go for cash when I pick it up? Up to you.

And is 4pm for Friday good? I could assume it was but just making sure. Thanks.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:21 am

SydneyNerfer wrote:I just remembered about the payment. Would you still like the bank transfer? Or can I just go for cash when I pick it up? Up to you.

And is 4pm for Friday good? I could assume it was but just making sure. Thanks.

Yeah, Friday is good.
    I guess cash is ok if you want.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 am

Just pointing this out, don't you think $1.20/metre is a little steep for FBR? If you guys did your research you could purchase this stuff for at least less than 80cents a metre in bulk. In Brisbane, I can get it for 60cents/metre and in Adelaide you can get it for 40cents/metre.

If people really want I'll sell them by the metre minimum cost of 10metres (because it wouldn't be worth shipping otherwise lol) or if you contact an adelaidian for it, I'm sure they're more than happy to get it. I still think blue foam is better (and cheaper than this crap), but for all you old school kids. White foam performs pretty damn well too. Ask the adelaidians I've raged at about using it hahahaha.

Although, I guess if you live near sydney... this is the most viable option - just research some wholesalers... don't take that long.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 am

littlebro05 wrote:Just pointing this out, don't you think $1.20/metre is a little steep for FBR? If you guys did your research you could purchase this stuff for at least less than 80cents a metre in bulk. In Brisbane, I can get it for 60cents/metre and in Adelaide you can get it for 40cents/metre.

If people really want I'll sell them by the metre minimum cost of 10metres (because it wouldn't be worth shipping otherwise lol) or if you contact an adelaidian for it, I'm sure they're more than happy to get it. I still think blue foam is better (and cheaper than this crap), but for all you old school kids. White foam performs pretty damn well too. Ask the adelaidians I've raged at about using it hahahaha.

Although, I guess if you live near sydney... this is the most viable option - just research some wholesalers... don't take that long.

Its only this expensive because I got a small ammount. As I said in the first post, It would be a heap cheaper if I get a larger amount. I only got about 50m to trial the foam. If I can sell this amount of foam, I'll get a substantiatly larger amount, then I'll sell it at the lower price.
    I'll be getting white foam as well in a little while, which I would be selling at a cheaper price as it was cheaper than the grey foam.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 am

Modded_nerf - I'd go for the white foam. The cheaper option is usually the better option. Especially if the white foam has been used in SA for several years and has been used fairly effectively. You could say it has been trialed. 50metres for 1.20/metre is way steep. You may as well purchase blue foam. I'm sure you can get it for 60cents/metre for white foam.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 am

littlebro05 wrote:Modded_nerf - I'd go for the white foam. The cheaper option is usually the better option. Especially if the white foam has been used in SA for several years and has been used fairly effectively. You could say it has been trialed. 50metres for 1.20/metre is way steep. You may as well purchase blue foam. I'm sure you can get it for 60cents/metre for white foam.
    I'm not sure where your foam comes from, but I'm sure different manufacturers have different densities and slightly different other diameters despite being labeled under the 13mm foam.
    The reason I wanted to trial the foam is that, firstly, I wanted to see intrest as I didn't want a kilometre of foam lying around, and secondly, I want to see how well the foam performed. If it was 'crap' I also didn't want to have a massive ammount of foam that I couldn't use.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 am

Yeah I guess your right. I always buy in bulk in the gamble that if it works any good or not lol.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:52 am

littlebro05 wrote:Yeah I guess your right. I always buy in bulk in the gamble that if it works any good or not lol.
    True, and for this gamble I opted for a safer method. Also for most of the wholesalers there in sydney, most have a massive minimum order. The one I used was the only one that allowed me to buy 50ms, the second smallest one was like 500ms.
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 am

The last few places I've been have either not had FBR or not have the right sizes. So modded_Nerf is doing a good service.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 am

modded_nerf wrote:
    danerfdude wrote:I would like a bag of 1000 black snap caps, 4 metres of the Grey FBR,and 4 metres of 16mm grey conduit. That come to a total of $39.80? by my calculations. I'm in a bit of a rush, so that might be a bit off, correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind picking it up at the place we met last time- Norwest Maccers. Let me know if that's convenient. This might need to be in a couple of weeks, as I can't confirm when exactly, probably a weekend. If that's OK. Thanks
    hey
    Time wise, its all good
    What size snap caps do you want?
    What size do you want the grey conduit in?
    Do you want the foam in a roll?

Sorry for the slow reply, but I'm after the small snap caps and 16mm grey conduit. I personally also don't really care how my foam comes to me, as long as it's half descent.

Thanks,
    Dylan
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Thats cool, just give me a shout when you want it. But it might have to wait to next saturday until I can come out to norwest cause I'm in the middle of exams.
    Also, for the lengths, I ment what lengths do you want the 4ms of conduit in, eg 1' or 1m.

Last edited by modded_nerf on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:49 pm

One foot is 1', one inch is 1".
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

That would take a long time, cutting 4m in to 1" pieces... all 151 of them... haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 pm

159, I think... Hahaa.

No calculator, I swear.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

ah... I knew I'd get at least someone with that haha

I averaged a 1mm cut for each piece, adds up to a bit over that many pieces
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 pm

I don't think we have monomolecular saws yet...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm

No, but they certainly would be useful in a variety of applications!! haha

geez Mull, I need to have google opened all the time when you're about!!
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm

I see, I see, you've outsmarted me. Very good, very good. Hahaa.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm

nah, not outsmarted, just slightly more experienced. It was a common mistake made by many apprentices that I've had when sectioning lengths of steel.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Yeah, I see. My trade of choice doesn't work in large quantities of material, otherwise I would have known that! Hahaa.

Even when I was working in a sheet metal workshop, we cut everything with shears or the guillotine, so no material taken off for the cut.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Mozart wrote:One foot is 1', one inch is 1".
    My mistake, was kind of in a hurry.
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:22 pm

TooBz wrote:Hey everyone! When someone receives the grey FBR please tell me how good it is! I'm planning to buy some just don't know if it's good in any barrels.

Very good quality foam, squishing it down with your fingers simply pops it back up. Very good fit with the 16mm grey conduit he offers.

Thanks again modded_nerf!
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 pm

What Color can you get the small snap caps in Because I need 500 of one of these colors for a Darts order I have to make?

Blue, Black or oranges.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:22 pm

KingCam wrote:What Color can you get the small snap caps in Because I need 500 of one of these colors for a Darts order I have to make?

Blue, Black or oranges.

If SydneyNerfer can get orange, I'll gladly split a pack of 1000 in half with you Cam.

Cheers,
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:29 am

Sydneynerfer isn't the one selling them.
    What colour do you want?
    I have all those colours.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am

In that case Me and clunk07 will take 500 oranges small snap caps each.
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:45 am

Ok, pm me your details, and I'll send bank account.
    Did you want me to send the 1000 to one of you or seperate it?
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:48 am

Kat wrote:Ok, pm me your details, and I'll send bank account.
    Did you want me to send the 1000 to one of you or seperate it?

Seperate it for us and mail 500 of them to each of us.

How much for postage to 3796?
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:42 am

Lowered price of foam.
    Need to get rid of this batch.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:59 am