Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Empty CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial

Post  clunk07 Tue May 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi guys,

To round out my review and internal posts, here is the simple, but frustrating s6 modification:

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial S6_111

You'll need a basic tool kit, something to remove AR's with, and some plumber's tape, e-tape, glue.

As always, open up your blaster.

There's a few layer's that need to be removed. To take off the yellow piece, remove the screws, and there will be a yellow clip near the front of the magazine. Just bend the yellow shell piece accordingly for the clip to release.

Remove the 2 screws that are now visible, and the magazine will come off.

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0736

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0737

Now remove the remaining screws. You'll need to use a precision screw-driver to lever out the magazine feed door (picture of it below), and this is what you should end up with:

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0738

Remove the spring, plunger tube etc, until you have this puppy in your hands:

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0729

Use a drill, hammer/screwdriver etc to remove the AR and dart post. I couldn't get a decent pic down the tube, but here are some of the pieces that should fall out when you're finished:

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0730

Seal up the two pin holes in the tube, with e-tape or glue etc

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0731

I found an o-ring in my collection that fit quite well. Some plumber's tape was also added, which is an easy fix if you're just using the stock o-ring.

(stock o-ring on left, after-market on the right)

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0732

Assembled unit.

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0733

All that's left to do is put a little e-tape around the plunger tube, to add a little more compression. The spring is semi-conical, so a replacement may be difficult to source.

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0734

Lastly, make sure this part goes here. It's quite difficult to line-up the magazine feed door through the gap in the magazine, but a little trial and error, and it should be fine.

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Dsc_0735

Range increase was reasonable.

Stock:

Flat - 35 feet
    Angled - 42 feet

Modified:

Flat - 46 feet
    Angled - 54 feet

Tests done with blue foam stinger's.

I don't know if it's just my unit, but it has a tendency to chomp darts at quite a rate - even from stock.

I went through 20 darts just to get range testing done. Pretty sure I've sorted it out, but it's still not real cool.

Cheers,

mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Empty Re: CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial

Post  mister_elliott Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 pm

I've heard a fair bit about the dt line's fixed mag system eating darts, until now I would've written it off as idiots operating it badly. Do they jam that bad with taggers or sonics? Might be an issue with the mag pointed rearwards disliking darts with a streamlined profile.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial Empty Re: CWC - Nerf DT Speedload 6 Modification Tutorial

Post  oxymoron Wed May 25, 2011 1:01 am

You can use a stock Longshot spring in this Clunk. It is definitely a little stronger than the stock spring so you may see another couple of meters in range.

Mine liked to chew darts a fair bit as well. I think the problem arises when the "door" that slides down to allow the dart to be pushed into the barrel doesn't move all the way in time.
    LJNERF
    LJNERF

Post  LJNERF Wed May 25, 2011 1:26 am

hey ive been looking everywhere for the speedload 6 and the other new dart blasters but i ant find them so where did you get yours? thanks!
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Wed May 25, 2011 2:46 am

LJNERF wrote:hey ive been looking everywhere for the speedload 6 and the other new dart blasters but i ant find them so where did you get yours? thanks!
    Search, Search and Search. Just gotta find the right people. Usually people that hang in back Allys and instead of drugs in their trench-coats, they have Nerf Guns.

Anyway On Topic: Good Job Clunk! I'm surprised by the range of it but hey! Now if it can take a LS Spring... Why not a v2, Can you see where I'm getting at?

- Brad
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed May 25, 2011 3:35 am

It can't take a V2 unfortunately brad - trust me i tried. The ID of a V2 is too small.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed May 25, 2011 6:16 am

I think if I cut down the dart post thing, it may eliminate some jams. I get them with all darts I have here (stingers, sili's, streamlines, tagger's, whistler's).

Yeh, I can't see me pulling it apart again for a spring upgrade!! haha

I'm pretty happy with the range, reliability increase would be nice though.

cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:07 am