Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+17
Joey
JayDesu
SnowDragon
bakabill
yeahryan
redcricket077
Synergie
Chaos-Blades
Unknown
bulletproofvest
oznerfnerd
Johnnus
Switchblade
littlebro05
clunk07
Swatsonia
21 posters

Dealing with the Law

JayDesu
    JayDesu

Dealing with the Law - Page 2 Empty Re: Dealing with the Law

Post  JayDesu Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Unknown wrote:Cops aren't stupid, ...

I deal with cops every now and then (in my line of work... wont say what or how) but believe me... they're not that bright... What I CAN tell you about them though is that most of the time they will always think they are right.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Synergie wrote:...the Sergeant told yeahryan, if it were him as a first responder, he would've shot him because he had it in his hand...

Are you friggin serious, why would you even say that? Hurr durr I would have shot you. A park, with kids full of toy guns and one of the kids has something that looks kind of like a gun painted black and you would shoot in to that. Can you imagine the paper work? Can you imagine what the media would say? Can you imagine what would happen if he missed/killed someone? What a retarded thing to say.

That aside the lesson to take from this is obvious (and already stated), MAKE SURE YOUR GUN DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A REAL GUN. If a civilian rings up the cops they WILL show up and draw weapons on you and that is not a fun situation for anyone. You guys had probably the best case scenery, with worst outcomes being your blasters getting confiscated, someone getting a criminal charge or even someone getting shot.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:40 pm

The titan was confiscated and we were all cautioned. Tbh I call that the best case scenario. yeahryan was lucky he wasn't exactly holding the titan up. It was leaning on his leg lol.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Joey wrote:
    Synergie wrote:...the Sergeant told yeahryan, if it were him as a first responder, he would've shot him because he had it in his hand...

Are you friggin serious, why would you even say that? Hurr durr I would have shot you. A park, with kids full of toy guns and one of the kids has something that looks kind of like a gun painted black and you would shoot in to that. Can you imagine the paper work? Can you imagine what the media would say? Can you imagine what would happen if he missed/killed someone? What a retarded thing to say.

That aside the lesson to take from this is obvious (and already stated), MAKE SURE YOUR GUN DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A REAL GUN. If a civilian rings up the cops they WILL show up and draw weapons on you and that is not a fun situation for anyone. You guys had probably the best case scenery, with worst outcomes being your blasters getting confiscated, someone getting a criminal charge or even someone getting shot.

Woah, Joey isn't reading stuff again. He said it was AFTER the war. As in, no shooting each other.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Brunius wrote:Woah, Joey isn't reading stuff again. He said it was AFTER the war. As in, no shooting each other.

Still butthurt, eh. Man I can't wait for you to reach the real world if someone ON THE INTERNET makes you this butthurt :p
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Let me put it this way, for all those panicking that the cops are gonna try and shut down us QLD nerfers.

In washington DC (Read as the most hostile climate EVER for this kind of sport) A bunch of uni students got a seven day game going, full blasters, full gear, no issues. I believe your issue may have arrisen because you were in a shopping centre if I read that right. In a park you're about as likely to get your game broken up as a club soccer match is for the same reason.

But, on the other hand, and this is food for thought, I believe the act of modifying the blasters to such an extent (IE singling a titan, and therefore ignoring the warnings on the toy itself) Stop it from being classed as a toy, and if you've got a hardass cop, an improvised weapon. I need not remind you of that kid who was playing with a black duct taped stick who got tazed by the Vic Police.

A key thing is to know the law. Know your rights, and fight for them, but remember there's a fine line to cross. I've worn my well known tactical gear into and on a plane in Brisbane Airport, vest, BDUs and all just to make a point about that very sentence.

But that's just my two cents.

Note: Wow Brunius, you still going on about that? Brightens my day, this does
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 am

Joey wrote:
    Brunius wrote:Woah, Joey isn't reading stuff again. He said it was AFTER the war. As in, no shooting each other.

Still butthurt, eh. Man I can't wait for you to reach the real world if someone ON THE INTERNET makes you this butthurt :p

People in the real world usually bother to listen to what you say.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:02 am

No they don't
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:38 am

SnowDragon wrote:In washington DC (Read as the most hostile climate EVER for this kind of sport) A bunch of uni students got a seven day game going, full blasters, full gear, no issues. I believe your issue may have arrisen because you were in a shopping centre if I read that right. In a park you're about as likely to get your game broken up as a club soccer match is for the same reason.
    We were in fact in a local park, we were sitting it's carpark.
    SnowDragon wrote:But, on the other hand, and this is food for thought, I believe the act of modifying the blasters to such an extent (IE singling a titan, and therefore ignoring the warnings on the toy itself) Stop it from being classed as a toy, and if you've got a hardass cop, an improvised weapon. I need not remind you of that kid who was playing with a black duct taped stick who got tazed by the Vic Police.
    I completely agree such weapons are home-made air rifles and we are seriously considering our options in what we will allow and disallow in the future.
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:57 am

You know, I've actually come to love the term butthurt. But anyway...

Wow, yesterday harboured some crazy shizzay. I would've thought that it's common sense not to have all black blasters - but I guess it happens, despite being avoidable. Easily avoidable I should say.

Hey Synergie/Echoes, did this little something-something jeopardise any future implications for wars ? Or we need only to heed the warning and be a little more sensitive next time ?
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:05 am

-mirsho wrote:Hey Synergie/Echoes, did this little something-something jeopardise any future implications for wars ? Or we need only to heed the warning and be a little more sensitive next time ?

This incident on its own has no bearing on our wars. The police had little to no comment on our activities. Some were actually intrigued and had a laugh about it. There was still a rule somewhere where we aren't allowed matte black blasters. It somehow didn't occur to us that yeahryan's blaster was black -.-

But we do have some things to consider about the Sydney wars that are not exactly related to the incident. It will be updated in good time.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:13 am

So you guys got away with no name marked down or anything? My name got taken just for checking my own letterbox cause the cops thought I was snooping into other peoples' business
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:28 am

redcricket077 wrote:So you guys got away with no name marked down or anything? My name got taken just for checking my own letterbox cause the cops thought I was snooping into other peoples' business

Wow that's bl. They took our names. Apparently no criminal record but okay lol
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:17 am

I'd keep a tigther lid on your colour restrictions (Orange tips just really aren't good enough, the whole gun needs to be not black haha) But your pretty much set.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 am

redcricket077 wrote:So you guys got away with no name marked down or anything? My name got taken just for checking my own letterbox cause the cops thought I was snooping into other peoples' business

What the heck?
    Dgenx101
    Dgenx101

Post  Dgenx101 Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:35 am

Haha, that's not right.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:21 pm

As Echoes did say, they took our details down, checked our IDs and we will be on the internal NSW Police database for being cautioned for realistic looking weapons (won't be visible on the regular workplace background checks etc.). Rest assured we will be far more vigilant in the future, it just went over all of our heads that when yeahryan pulled it out, that it could be a problem.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:26 pm

On the topic of coppers we actually had coppers drive past us where we played in a secluded park surrounded by houses. I think someone may of called the cops on us, but they just drove by and did a quick 'whip' of the siren and drove off. We had it lucky!

I think the moment they saw a whole bunch of people with bright coloured guns, they just drove off.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 am