Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+10
frannyraidersprayer
killerbunny
Dietzie
jacko1120
Smeghead
Unknown
lefty
clunk07
Photo Ninja
littlebro05
14 posters

Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers Empty Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:08 am

Some of you may know that the biggest war we had yet was in Kelvin Grove on September 25th, 2010. Video link below...

The turn up was 36 PEOPLE. That's right you heard me, THIRTY SIX. Since then, only some of those members from the forums have decided to continuously rock up to 'central' wars at the very least. These members do not include the event organisers:..

1. Killerbunny
    2. Desertkind
    3. Unknown
    4. mavrick man (sunshine coast) + 2 more
    5. jacko1120 (gold coast)
    6. reconzor
    7. Myrmidont
    8. Ninja Panda
    9. heist
    10. Switchblade
    11. Joey
    12. SnowDragon
    13. Some guy who bought my quadshot and painted it pink... also got shot about 4metres in the chin by a heavy dart with a big blast.

That's all I can remember on to of my head. We have had new members join in since last year.

1. lefty
    2. oxymoron
    3. mister_elliot (he's been to some of the very first wars hosted in Brisbane on oznerf)
    4. smeghead
    5. frannyraiderpower
    6. lowrens095 (whatever the numbers are)
    7. photo ninja
    8. SuctionCup
    9. pez7
    10. Wolf
    11. revo (gold coaster)
    12. acerised

A few members I know that usually don't go anymore...

1. GenericWizardGuy
    2. TheThirdSun
    3. Some guy called jake
    4. MrOthy
    5. Kaos88 (can't go no mores)
    6. Elite. (gold coaster)
    7. Isaactowers

I know I've banned a few kids because of their conduct at the wars. Anyway I will be hosting a central war at Kelvin Grove soon on the SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.

If you're from BRISBANE, SUNSHINE COAST OR GOLD COAST please leave a reply explaining your Nerf Arsenal, Location, Age (as we our members have to be at least 12 (unless accompanied with an adult) and reason why you don't attend that often anymore (this explanation of your reason is OPTIONAL).

I know that there is at least 50-60 people all together, just have wonder where they have all gone. Thanks

And yes I know that some of the underlying issues is that you guys live about 1hr+ away even though it is as central brisbane as it can get. Thanks.

Please note that the standards of upgraded blasters have significantly increased since the huge ass war. The intensity and structure has too, if you are able to rock up to any central wars, I will tell you - you will be buggered by the end of the day lol.

Last edited by littlebro05 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers Empty Re: Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers

Post  Photo Ninja Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:18 am

I will definitely rock when its the holidays.
    I'll use my shot blast (100+feet) and recon (50-60 feet) as a secondary.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers Empty Re: Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 am

Hey Littlebro - do you mean the upcoming June/July school holidays?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Sure am. 9th of July is when the next speed foam warfare will be set. 1st / 2nd of July will be when the next woodland warfare will be.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 pm

I'll try to secure some annual leave over the September school holidays. What's the time-frame difference between Uni and high school hol's?
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 pm

clunk07 wrote:I'll try to secure some annual leave over the September school holidays. What's the time-frame difference between Uni and high school hol's?

Sounds like 'Clash of the Doomsayers' may be the name of that war.....I might have to by a mask and vest for that one.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 pm

I'll just grab some clothes off of a bum on the street!! haha
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 pm

In the thumb nail pic for the video, is the guy with a black beanie next to Inf0rm3r, mr_elliot?

Smeghead
    Smeghead

Post  Smeghead Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Oooh, I'm defs going to this war
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Unknown wrote:In the thumb nail pic for the video, is the guy with a black beanie next to Inf0rm3r, mr_elliot?

Guy in the black beanie is inf0rm3r's best mate.

From the calendar, I can probably only host one war, I think annual would probably be best on a Sunday. I will be looking into indoor hire as if this one takes off, it will be a national thing where there are two events over a weekend.

At this point, lets just thinking what is up in the next month, and it's those two wars. One will be Central Brisbane, the other will be South Central Brisbane.

At this point it be nicer to see more replies from other players.
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Shame its not school holidays for the gold coasters...
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:14 am

You may be able to add me to the list. On my current finances I should be able to start doing a one Brisbane war per month depending on work and family. I have been keen to get down there for a while but as it would cost me around $100 per trip its been hard to arrange.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:53 am

Dietzie wrote:You may be able to add me to the list. On my current finances I should be able to start doing a one Brisbane war per month depending on work and family. I have been keen to get down there for a while but as it would cost me around $100 per trip its been hard to arrange.

It would probably be best for you to the central Brisbane wars that I host as it's proabbly the most 'attendees' each week.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah I was aiming at central. Less chance of getting lost lol
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:00 am

I can start nerfing again in July (I'm currently busy in a theatre production) I use different guns all the time but I normally bring at least one of the following; titan, LS, raider/AT and over hauled NF.
    frannyraidersprayer
    frannyraidersprayer

Post  frannyraidersprayer Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 pm

@littlebro05
    hey 9th of july is a saturday right?
    frannyraidersprayer
    frannyraidersprayer

Post  frannyraidersprayer Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:49 pm

if its a saturday then im definetly coming. and buying that Bbumb off you thanh.
    False
    False

Calling Out to ALL Queensland, Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast Nerfers Empty Reason

Post  False Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:55 am

@If you're from BRISBANE, SUNSHINE COAST OR GOLD COAST please leave a reply explaining your Nerf Arsenal, Location, Age and reason why you don't attend that often anymore (this explanation of your reason is OPTIONAL).

Nerf Arsenal: Singled Titan, Couplered ShotBlast, overhauled NF, Mav, Quadshot, Recon, and assorted ruined blasters.

Reason for not attending: I lost a lot of interest in Nerf over the Christmas holidays, although I do have Nerf wars with friends and I'm planning a couple little projects to do...But in saying that I lost a lot of interest in Nerfing, I would still like to attend a few more wars but they are just too far away...Also I am in my first year of High School and am feeling the pressure with copious amounts of assignments, homework and tests. Plus I feel a little intimidated by older Nerf players sometimes at wars haha. (Half of the intimidation-ness is due to the simple fact that some people just look sketchy! Haha)

Last edited by Elite. on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Information)
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 am

Yeah LB can you post us details of the war soon, thanks
    Bailey
    Bailey

Post  Bailey Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 am

Hey i live on the sunny coast and would be interested in coming to a couple of wars probably later in the year with my little brother (im 21 and hes 18)

my arsenal includes 2x longshots 2x recons 3x nitefinders 1x mav 2x powerclips 1x rapidfire 20 1x stampede 1x tommy 20 and hopefully a homemade if i can finally get it finished....

i was just wondering if there are many people on the sunny coast who come down for these wars? because i know the hardest thing for me is getting down there and taking time off work.

thanks, bailey
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 am

Bailey wrote:Hey i live on the sunny coast and would be interested in coming to a couple of wars probably later in the year with my little brother (im 21 and hes 18)

my arsenal includes 2x longshots 2x recons 3x nitefinders 1x mav 2x powerclips 1x rapidfire 20 1x stampede 1x tommy 20 and hopefully a homemade if i can finally get it finished....

i was just wondering if there are many people on the sunny coast who come down for these wars? because i know the hardest thing for me is getting down there and taking time off work.

thanks, bailey

You're probably best heading to 'north wars' hosted by either Unknown or Killerbunny.

I do know one sunshine coaster who has attended wars since last year, they usually attend 'Central Brisbane' wars for the obvious reasons.

I host Central Brisbane and South Central Brisbane wars. I hear its' abouta 1hr 30minute to drive to even get to Brisbane.

Just to make it clear, if you're making a homemade, please make it with bright colours. You know why lol. I think?
    Bailey
    Bailey

Post  Bailey Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 am

oh okay thanks for the reply yeah i was just wondering where the best wars would be held i dont mind driving a little further if its going to be a better war/ turnout on the day

and yes i understand why i would need to paint it bright haha. i dont understand this fad of painting guns black or camo... its a toy
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 am

Bailey wrote:
    and yes i understand why i would need to paint it bright haha. i dont understand this fad of painting guns black or camo... its a toy

Black - yeh, not real cool.
    Camo - maybe you should have a look at some of my paintjobs:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3270-custom-paint-jobs#56778

Cheers,
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:52 am

http://www.oznerf.com/t3257-central-brisbane-queensland-kelvin-grove-mccaskie-park-speed-foam-warfare-10th-of-july-2011-sunday - Here's an upcoming one in a month's time. You might be interested. The central wars are generally the biggest ones we have averaging from about 16-30 people. Our biggest one (which was last year) was 36 people.

Central being that it takes basically the same amount of travel time on each side of Brisbane to get to. Kelvin Grove is as central as it gets as it's only 5minutes north of the city. Also is a great location. :).

P.S. MESSAGE TO EVERYONE - If you are going to attend a war, could you please just leave a reply in the war thread in whether you're going or not...
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 am

Hey thanh, what do you think of having a noob friendly approach for passers by? It might pay off for a first-dart-hire-is-free initiative for newcomers, along with loaner blasters and eyewear to hook passers by.

I've got an 18v ar'd stampede which I would be happy to contribute. Also might help younger players feel less intimidated if the age groups have access to more balanced weaponry. I can imagine that being 13 must suck at wars if all you can afford is an overhauled nf.

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:51 am

mister_elliott wrote:Hey thanh, what do you think of having a noob friendly approach for passers by? It might pay off for a first-dart-hire-is-free initiative for newcomers, along with loaner blasters and eyewear to hook passers by.

I've got an 18v ar'd stampede which I would be happy to contribute. Also might help younger players feel less intimidated if the age groups have access to more balanced weaponry. I can imagine that being 13 must suck at wars if all you can afford is an overhauled nf.

Yeah we've done that a couple of times actually, although unfortunately they don't follow on from the information that I gave.

I was thinking about hosting a BYO war as the first 'noob' friendly thing and that's when I tell them about dart hire. They will probably like the idea more as they don't lose as many darts. It also requires little effort for them at the end of the day to gather all their darts back up.

Many people who do rock up to wars for their first war and first dart hire don't usually complain about it at the end of it because they realise how convenient and cheaper it is to do it that way.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am

What about the second half of my post regarding loaners/blaster hire?
    pez7
    pez7

Post  pez7 Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 am

Hey Littlebro,

I will be able to rock on the holidays but depends on the days because I will be away for the first week.

Weapons will probably be Nitefinder and stampede.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 pm