Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
killerbunny
gooni
melbnerf619
NachoTaco
makeitgo
9 posters

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat.

makeitgo
    makeitgo

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Empty HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat.

Post  makeitgo Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Okay guys, this isn't going to be as detailed as my other write-ups because I lost all of my progress photos. I lost them during the transfer. I'll have to try and explain what I did with only the final product.

The motivation for this mod came from pSyk and his 8x Jialat Jialat (FireFly turreted Lego Harpoon Blaster).

In his write up and video, he explains the meaning of 8x Jialat Jialat. It's actually supposed to be 10x Jialat Jialat but because he used a Fire Fly Turret, he gave it the name 8x.

Well... then of course I had to create the 'proper' Jialat Jialat, 10x!

This is how it started.

A BBBB

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Bbbbco

and one of these. The old Tek 10.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3564u

I was having trouble trying to make the turret fit properly when it occured to me, it would be easier to move the air tank instead.

While I was taking the tank out, I then thought, how can I one up pSyk even more. I know it has 2 more barrels but what else. After watching the video again, I realized that he was manually advancing the turret.

That was It!!! Make the turret auto advance.

At first I thought I could just use the Tek 10 priming mech but then I realized there was still that one extra step: Pump, 'prime' and then fire. I wanted to get rid of that one extra step. There was only one blaster I knew of that auto advanced and had a 10 barrel turret, the Hyperfire DTB!

I know. It's not the greatest blaster and it usually gets relegated to being under-slung to a Long Shot. I felt bad for it. It seemed so sad. Always the side kick and never the hero.

Luckily, I had one of those. Initially, way back in the way back, I had modded this thing like every one else mods it. AR removal... blah, blah, blah. After doing some digging (typing in Hyper Fire DTB mod), I found that nothing further had really ever been done to this thing other than Scouts' double manta mod.

This gave me the opportunity to introduce something new to the Hyper Fire. I present to you, no longer the side kick, The 'Hero' HyperFire.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3558up
    HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3559lk

...So dramatic...

Okay, let's tone it down a bit. Tada!

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3550sx

Alright, a little explanation is in order. I didn't use the 4B because this was still an experiment and I didn't want to destroy a perfectly good 4B just in case this failed. This is still sort of a work in progress.

I used one of these. A Water Warriors Baracuda. When I saw the shell, I was like, that will fit perfectly!

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3560x

First, I got rid of all the useless bits from the Barracuda.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3561r

...the HyperFire

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3562h

Here's an over view of the almost completed internals.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3546zs

I simply just hot glued the two halves of the shells together. I know someone is going to blurb out, "You should use epoxy putty! (nasally geeky voice *sniffle - pushes up glasses, pulls up trousers)" But the hot glue is holding up just fine. I was going to use e-putty but after having a hell of a time trying to remove the hot glue, I just left it and added a little more. Trust me. It's not going to just fall off.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3549n

The pump is plugged and the turret has the normal hum drum AR Removal. I do plan on replacing the barrels in the future but for now, this will do fine.

Next, I replaced the water reservoir with a 5.5" length of 3/4" CPVC. I fit perfectly into the HF grooves with some minor Dremelling. I used a length of vinyl tubing to connect the tank to the pump.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3548j

You can see that I've also attached the 2 trigger systems. It was like they were made to fit together.

This the part which is still a WIP. I wasn't happy with the valve to turret seal so I ripped it out for this pic. I had done my suction cup seal but kind of screwed it up. I'll have to get another suction cup in the near future. The release valve is a ball valve system. All I really did was cut off the orange nozzle tip. So the openning would be wider.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3547d

There you go.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3544o
    HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3545c

I know it's not as visually impressive as pSyk's 8X Jialat Jialat but I'm not quite done yet.

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3529p

With 6 to 7 pumps I was getting decent pressure but it felt like it was only getting 50 feet, judging by the speed it hit my curtain, 25 feet away. So, I pumped it up 10 times. Then suddenly heard, "PsssttPssssssshhhhh......" Damn!

I have to put this aside for now but I'll get back to it and probably put the 4B tank into it. I do plan on adding a rear loading hole and PETG barrels but for now, here's my Hero HyperFire.

The prototype for the 10x Jialat Jialat!!
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Empty Re: HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat.

Post  NachoTaco Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:15 pm

This is awesome, but will the BBBB tank fit in the hyperfire?
    Anyway unlucky on the leak!
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Empty Re: HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat.

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:19 pm

This is awesome. I really envy the creativity of the SG guys and especially making everything work. I've tried so many expensive mods and failed miserably. Kudos to you.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:23 pm

melbnerf619 wrote:This is awesome. I really envy the creativity of the SG guys and especially making everything work. I've tried so many expensive mods and failed miserably. Kudos to you.

Thanks... but I'm from Canada.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:28 pm

haha my bad. I just thought that because you were making Jialat if correct me if im wrong is a SG term?
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:39 pm

You sir are a mad man. I knew that the north american continent had something going for it.

O Canada, Our home and native land (not mine )

But you are our snow covered northern cousins.

Very clean my friend. A question, how large is the opening of the ball valve on the water blaster? From the look of it , it seems to be a smaller ver of the ironman/hydro cannons valve yet larger than the "small" valve on the before said ironman2 supersoaker.

Was it the pump that failed for the vinyl tube at the attachment point to the tank?

But after seeing this, I know have an idea what to do with my hyperfire, all be it in my ghetto style.

Keep up posted on future progress, as I would love to see this baby all finished and pwning.

Gooni.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Nice Job It's nice to see people thinking of something crazy and just going for it.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 am

I agree with Gooni, extremely clean mod. Top quality stuff.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 am

Nice one, very clean again. Hopefully you can revive this potential beast.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 am

Very nice and unique mod!
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:30 pm

For anyone who's wondering this is actually quite easy to replicate using Aussie materials.

I have one drying in the garage

Try looking at a Max D 3000 super soaker...
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Unknown wrote:For anyone who's wondering this is actually quite easy to replicate using Aussie materials.

I have one drying in the garage

Try looking at a Max D 3000 super soaker...

That's Hilarious that you said that!!!

I went to Value Village this morning and came back with this. And read your post!!!

HyperFire DTB Revisited - Prototype for my 10x Jialat Jialat. Img3581xc

I was thinking the same thing as I picked it up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:30 pm