Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
redcricket077
Mozart
clunk07
oznerfnerd
8 posters

Longshot Kit

oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Longshot Kit Empty Longshot Kit

Post  oznerfnerd Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:23 am

Hi all,

Still a little way out, but I'm halfway into developing a complete mod kit for the longshot.

By complete, I mean everything you need but tools and glue.

It will include:

Spring

This is the kicker, obviously I want something better than the other springs on the market. This was actually quite difficult as most of the springs are well designed already, and they all have the same software. We've managed to get a bit extra with certain small changes (can't say much) that will give about 15-16kgs load and a nice release (has to be tested yet).

Our designer has actually come up with a second internal spring that will take it up to about 21kgs, and (if we do it) will be sold separately to the kit. You will be warned that you could break things without further reinforcement.

Laser cut boltsled brackets

Plunger Buffer Full LS size, same as our others.

Custom Plunger Seal If it gives improvements during testing.

Stock Supports Pre cut pieces of PVC you just glue in to stop the stock collapsing during cocking.

Suitable Lube

Like I said it's a way out yet, but is in the pipeline and will come after the pump action bracket.

Like all my products, I will not list it till I'm happy with it.

I actually like the idea of the second spring, as it allows me to be responsible yet at the same time cater for you extremists (hi Clunk) who just want more.

Cheers,

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Longshot Kit Empty Re: Longshot Kit

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:29 am

oznerfnerd wrote:
    I actually like the idea of the second spring, as it allows me to be responsible yet at the same time cater for you extremists (hi Clunk) who just want more.

Cheers,

LMAO - thanks mate!! haha

Sounds pretty good really, I'll have to sell you some brass breeches mate, for the complete kit...

Looking forward to seeing this, as per normal.

Cheers,
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:36 am

clunk07 wrote:
    oznerfnerd wrote:

Cheers,

LMAO - thanks mate!! haha

Sounds pretty good really, I'll have to sell you some brass breeches mate, for the complete kit...

Looking forward to seeing this, as per normal.

Cheers,

Actually, we're already onto it.

This kit is for all levels of modders, which is why the pump bracket and breach (if we do one) will be sold separately, as they will require different tooling.

We WILL ALWAYS combine post however, and make sure everyone gets the cheapest shipping possible.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 am

Lol, we all thought of Clunk at the mention of extra spring/possible breaking stuff..

This is sounding really great, man. Is everything cut, shaped, etc. By machine? Just thinking, with the breeches, will they all be perfect cuts? Clunk's was really good, I'm just curious to see if better is possible.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:05 am

21 kg load sounds pretty good, not sure how much more reinforcement would be needed, if much at all...

My combo of BTV2 and stock LS spring comes in around 17kg, and with the SSSpring and stock LS spring, I'd guess probably closer to 19kg load.

I've had no issues with sled's breaking from either, but I also use the coathanger reinforcement on the outside, so maybe that's an option for yourself - include another reinforcement material similar to the coathanger wire (I actually use welding rods, but that comes down to what's easier accessible).

Ha ha Mozart... lol. With my breeches, I'm sure they can definitely be improved upon with the cutting of the half-pipe etc. I'm only a bit of a hacker, and don't spend a phenomenal amount of time ensuring the cuts are perfect, as it's not essential to the functioning of the breech. Although, I don't exactly just slap the cuts wherever I feel like... haha.

Cheers,
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 am

Mozart wrote:Lol, we all thought of Clunk at the mention of extra spring/possible breaking stuff..

This is sounding really great, man. Is everything cut, shaped, etc. By machine? Just thinking, with the breeches, will they all be perfect cuts? Clunk's was really good, I'm just curious to see if better is possible.

It will be good, or I won't sell it.

Yes, all the bits will be laser cut, stamped, etc by someone who specializes in that specfic material.

Please note that I am not doing breaches at this stage, it's just an idea with several others in front of it.

If I did it it would be laser cut, and there are several issues with the shape and type of material, let alone the cost.

I am however looking at selling the brass tubes in the 4 popular sizes, if I can get the right price from the importer.

With regards to the boltsled reinforcement, it would probably take the 21kg as is, but I'm not prepared to promise it.

Like I said, the additional spring would be for reckless and extreme maniacs (hi Clunk) who have a need for such behaviour, and to whom I must also cater for

Cheers,
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:55 am

It all sound very promising mate - yep, you have to cater for us extremists!!

I'll glady sacrifice a boltsled for testing purposes, when the time comes around!! haha

Cheers,
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 am

Looking forward to see how these super springs turn out
    obrieal
    obrieal

Post  obrieal Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

i am looking foward to when this gets ln the market, can be put on the waiting list or something for when this kit comes out
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 am

obrieal wrote:i am looking foward to when this gets ln the market, can be put on the waiting list or something for when this kit comes out

OzNerfNerd only trades on ebay. I'm positive he'll update this thread with a link when he's happy with the finished product.

Cheers,
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:00 pm

So it turns out I'm a bit of a dummy and the BT V2 is not actually a 14Kg load spring like I've been telling everyone.

Its dimensions are exactly the same as a 13Kg spring I bought locally (27mm OD, 1.23N/mm load, 2mm wire dia. and 135mm long - same specs as the SSSpring for anyone who cares) apart from it is about 1 coil (15mm) shorter which means it must have a total load of less than 13Kg. Something around 11.5Kg is my estimation.

That means a V2 and stock combo is more like 14Kg.

The other spring I buy locally, which I'm using in my LS's, and is the same one I sent to Clunk to try, is 1.61 N/mm load for a total of 16Kg. I was using it along with a stock spring in one of my LS's and decided it was overkill as I was starting to get fishtailing with the heavy sil tips.

That being said, the total spring loads I'm talking about are based on full compression of the spring which doesn't actually happen in a LS (full plunger draw is 82mm) so the main number to look at is the N/mm and from what I can gather the V2, SSSpring and my 1.23 spring should all give out the same amount of force in a LS. Unless the extra compression of the longer springs adds to the power?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I think you will keep even the crazy people happy with a 1.6N/mm load spring. It's enough to give me 40m+ DEAD FLAT in my LS.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Cheers Oxy, I've been telling about a thousand people that the BTV2 spring is 14kg load.... haha...

I think where the SSSpring has the slight advantage is that it's a bit longer, as I'm noticing approximately 15 feet increase in ranges over the BT spring.

Definitely keen to try your spring out (maybe this time, I'll just use it and the stock spring.. lol)
    and see how it compares.

Also very keen for OzNerfNerd's springs, as it would be nice to be able to get decent ranges without using the stock LS spring (as they're pretty handy in other blaster's).

Cheers,
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:15 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    obrieal wrote:i am looking foward to when this gets ln the market, can be put on the waiting list or something for when this kit comes out

OzNerfNerd only trades on ebay. I'm positive he'll update this thread with a link when he's happy with the finished product.

Cheers,

No need for a waiting list, there'll be plenty to go around.

Still a way off yet.

Bloody work (day job) is running hot at the moment.
    SNIPER-X
    SNIPER-X

Post  SNIPER-X Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 am

Im with clunk, very interested in the super spring!
    I think ill have to get another LS to mod now haha

TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 am

Agreed, I like the sound of this... REALLY like the sound of this.. haha!

- Brad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:45 am