Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
whichgrep
Luke
Silent Scope
NachoTaco
abowden
littlebro05
KingCam
redcricket077
Echoes
TooBz
RL
bakabill
shadownerfer
17 posters

Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

Poll

Inrest in stefan services

[ 10 ]
    Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Bar_left40%Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Bar_left60%Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Bar_right [60%] 

Total Votes: 25
    Poll closed
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Empty Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 am

Hey guys these are my prices for my 00 split ball sinker darts (blue foam). Feel free to ask questions and can and admin please clear the thead. Thanks

The prices are:

6.4cm: 50 00 split ball sinker darts for $7.50

6.4cm: 100 00 split ball sinker darts for $15.00

6.4cm colour glue darts:50 darts (coloured glue)for $13.00

6.4cm colour glue darts:100 darts (coloured glue)for $21.00

CHEAPEST ON OZNERF Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Photo15

Last edited by shadownerfer on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 pm; edited 12 times in total
    bakabill
    bakabill

Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

Post  bakabill Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 am

It would be good to have some photo's of your work to give people an idea of the quality of your product
    RL
    RL

Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Shadow's stefan service HEAPEST ON OZNERF!!!!!!!!!!

Post  RL Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 am

Will you be able to make stefans in better quality than your spelling?
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:20 am

2120 wrote:Will you be able to make stefans in better quality than your spelling?
    LOL
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:20 am

What stefans are you making? There are heaps of different ones. People would like to know more about what they're paying for.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:24 am

Ok thanks for the advice and not flameing me
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah I'd like to see some pics too
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:27 am

No we do not need any more Stefan service In Melbourne.

These Price's are way to CHEAP to make and sell Stefans for If you want to make a little money from it.

6.4cm: 50 darts for $7.50

6.4cm: 100 darts for $15.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:29 am

KingCam wrote:No we do not need any more Stefan service In Melbourne.

These Price's are way to CHEAP to make and sell Stefans for If you want to make a little money from it.

6.4cm: 50 darts for $7.50

6.4cm: 100 darts for $15.
    Yep two is enought isn't it KingCam?
    And I was going to say, I don't see you making any profit from those prices.
    Remember you have to put Foam, weights, glue and labour into those prices.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:31 am

Yeah you WILL need photos. Only way you can convince people. If I were you I would put up the finest product.

I think he is just trying to contribute to the community. Believe it or not, there is a way to make short stefans for less than 7 cents each lol.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 am

Hey im trying to host pictures but it wont work
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 am

I thought this forum was supose to be friendly, but here people are flameing me for trying to make a bit of money.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:03 pm

shadownerfer wrote:I thought this forum was supose to be friendly, but here people are flameing me for trying to make a bit of money.
    We are trying to be friendly, but your still lacking on trying to improve your grammar and spelling.
    And again you're obviously not reading the rules as you just double posted.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

well I'm not surprised kingcam isn't exactly very friendly.

A) he's not the friendliest of people around
    B) you're trying to cut into his 'area', I suppose, which is stefan-making out of Melbourne.
    C) people can't take you seriously, as toobz said, with illegible posts. As you can see, toobz made a mistake by writing "your" instead of "you're".. but I'm not too fussed, I could still read what he meant. What's 'inrest'?!
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Sorry but im still new to this forum. I know the double posting rule but i sorta did it. but can some one please help me post pictures.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:10 pm

It's because some people don't like 'competing' with other businesses.

If I were you I would take Toobz friendly advice. No BSM'ing Please =).

That's why spelling and grammar and 'not double posting' is so important. If you're going to try to sell a product to someone, and type with poor grammar, no one is going to take you seriously. Double posting makes your look desperate.

If I were you I would take this time to reconsider and fix yourself up so that other members can trust you and take your 'interests' more seriously.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks LB and TooBz. I could use your tips. But everyone else is flaming me for starting a Stefan service. And i am pretty sure i can start a Stefan service if I want.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:44 pm

honestly, why complain about someone selling cheap stuff?
    unless your a competitor
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Sorry about the large picture.

-Hussein
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 pm

Pic doesn't work for me mate. Which probably means it doesn't work for anyone else. Check this out: http://www.oznerf.com/t2096-oznerf-s-frequently-asked-questions
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 pm

so its not just me.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm one of the very few that doesn't care for competition of stefan making. Do what you want, and if you do make stefans just as good as a competitor's at a cheaper price I don't see why not.

Posting a picture requires this code:
    Code:
    [img]link of picture[/img]

abowden wrote:honestly, why complain about someone selling cheap stuff?
    unless your a competitor
    I totally agree.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:46 pm

So is any one going to vote or..

-Hussein
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Mate, we have voted results are

Interest in stefan services
    Yes[ 2 ] [16%]
    No[ 10 ] [83%]
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Luke wrote:Mate, we have voted results are

Interest in stefan services
    Yes[ 2 ] [16%]
    No[ 10 ] [83%]
    I wonder who those 2 votes are?
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeah same. I personally voted no.
    whichgrep

Post  whichgrep Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:09 pm

I voted "yes", because the more people making stuff, inspiring and teaching others, and contributing to the community, the better.

(even though I have enough darts at the moment, and won't be buying any)

Multiple people selling the same product leads to competition and marketing.

From the photo, your darts look like anyone else's.

• What's special about your darts?
    • Why would I buy your darts instead of Cam's, or that guy over there?

What can you do to get people interested in your product, and make it stand out from the crowd? Can you use different coloured foam or hot glue, for example?

Maybe people could be willing to pay a bit extra for that something special -- if you're the only guy selling striped green darts with pink tips, for example.

Cam pointed out that your darts are "too cheap" -- make sure that you're charging a fair price so that you don't lose out on the deal. Unless you got your raw materials from the hard rubbish, you probably paid retail cost. You can't make a profit or break even unless you charge for at least your cost of parts, your time, and a profit margin.

I don't have a problem with more people selling stuff; just be careful that your contribution to the community doesn't leave you out of pocket.

Last edited by whichgrep on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a few more thoughts)
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Yeap. Shadownerfer. I'm going to support you on this one. If you can make better darts for a cheaper price? Everybody else who is complaining can go suck one because who knows! You could be really good at this, just because your writing isn't good, doesn't mean your hands on isn't good.
    (note: just remember to fix your grammar).

Go prove them wrong =).

Just make sure you actually make better darts or else all this support is for naught. Only sell the quality product. If you make one dud dart, don't sell it. That's how the others do it.

Those hot glue dome's don't look half bad too =).
    Pronga
    Pronga

Post  Pronga Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

It seems that the only people complaining about your product (not the gramma/spelling/double posting etc.) is the other people making stefens.

But gotta say guys, that's business!

I like the idea of having as many people as possible making and selling. Gives potential customers a bigger choice, and breeds competition.

If you guys can't match his prices, then beet him somewhere else. (Quality, Service, Range, whatever)

I vote YES, however personally I'll probably be looking at Silitips rather than stefens.

A little more info on EXACTLY what you're offering would be helpful though.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Yeah list the specifications. What weights are you using? 00 sinkers?
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 am

whichgrep wrote:I voted "yes", because the more people making stuff, inspiring and teaching others, and contributing to the community, the better.

(even though I have enough darts at the moment, and won't be buying any)

Multiple people selling the same product leads to competition and marketing.

From the photo, your darts look like anyone else's.

• What's special about your darts?
    • Why would I buy your darts instead of Cam's, or that guy over there?

What can you do to get people interested in your product, and make it stand out from the crowd? Can you use different coloured foam or hot glue, for example?

Maybe people could be willing to pay a bit extra for that something special -- if you're the only guy selling striped green darts with pink tips, for example.

Cam pointed out that your darts are "too cheap" -- make sure that you're charging a fair price so that you don't lose out on the deal. Unless you got your raw materials from the hard rubbish, you probably paid retail cost. You can't make a profit or break even unless you charge for at least your cost of parts, your time, and a profit margin.

I don't have a problem with more people selling stuff; just be careful that your contribution to the community doesn't leave you out of pocket.

Thanks for the thoughts.

PS:LB im still trying to work on the hot glue domes .

-Hussein
    azza13b
    azza13b

Post  azza13b Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 am

Would I be exploiting child labour laws by purchasing your darts? lol.

melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 am

azza13b wrote:Would I be exploiting child labour laws by purchasing your darts? lol.

LOL but it's his choice and he's got options.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 am

Is there an issue with the hot glue breaking off? I think some of the hot glue darts last war cracked up. I just thought it may be the brand of Glue you are using?
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 am

redcricket077 wrote:Is there an issue with the hot glue breaking off? I think some of the hot glue darts last war cracked up. I just thought it may be the brand of Glue you are using?
    Would that happen to be me Red?
    And yes there is an issue with hot glue breaking off as it will reveal the metal weight. That's why SS suggeted to me to always put a dab of hot glue before placing a weight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:13 pm