Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
melbnerf619
colipos2
Kat
obrieal
8 posters

My RSCB Idea

obrieal
    obrieal

My RSCB Idea Empty My RSCB Idea

Post  obrieal Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:23 pm

I dont find this appropriate to post in questions thread, so i made my own topic.

I started off by looking around the forum to find the best way to make a RSCB and i found that clunk had an idea to use ball valves to reduce deadspace. I saw the idea and had a brainwave.
    Why dont we put a ball valve after each dart?

So using my mastery of MS Paint I created this;

My RSCB Idea Rscb210

This picture is a very rough guide just to let everyone know the visuals behind the concept.

So like any RSCB, you point it downwards to put a dart in the front. That leaves a dart sized area of deadspace, so you turn the ball valve behind the last dart, this reduced deadpace.
    Re-prime the RSCB or whatever it is called, and get the next dart into position and you turn the next ball valve along. Reducing deadspace again.
    So on and so forth until no more darts left. Open up all valves and reload.

My RSCB Idea Rscbac10
    My RSCB Idea Rscbac11
    My RSCB Idea Rscbac12

I assume this will only be useful for RSCB's that hold 6 darts or more other wise it is probably unaffected.

I am planning on making this RSCB in the near future, but any constructive criticism or ideas of your own will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Kat
    Kat

My RSCB Idea Empty Re: My RSCB Idea

Post  Kat Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Its a good idea, but there is a massive chance the darts would get cut up by the ball valves.
    obrieal
    obrieal

Post  obrieal Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Not if you close the valve up while the blaster is tipped foward.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Great concept. Ill give you that. But the problem is that it is too much weight, you won't be able to fit many darts before it gets amazingly long and the deadspace issue is arrised again.

I'd say it's too much effort and not really practical because deadspace isn't a massive issue anyway. It's more about ROF than ultimate range!

-James
    colipos2
    colipos2

Post  colipos2 Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm

And also it would be expensive for all the ball valves.They are $6 for the smallest in Wodonga bunnings.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but I simply don't see this idea as taking off for a multitude of reasons. I mean I can say 'go for it', but I think all those ball valves are going to cost you quite a bit.

Firstly it's impractical. that's gonna be a very heavy RSCB. Also it won't be just the simple mechanism of shake down and fire. It's gonna be fire, shake down, open first valve, close first valve, open second valve, load darts, close second valve fire. Secondly ball valves have a habit of biting into darts, you're gonna end up with a lot of streamline length darts turning into 1.5 inch ones coming out of the other end.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:44 pm

As 2120 said, I just don't see it being practical. The point of the RSBC is that it's quick to use. At the point where you're constantly opening a closing ball valves, just use a coupler or a breech.
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 am

Why not just put one valve behind the t piece? Then to losd you open valve shake down close valve and fire. It would be singled basically. Alternativly make a dart chamber that only takes one or two darts then reload. If you have a one way kind of load system that should be pretty quick.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 am

Nooft1187 wrote:Why not just put one valve behind the t piece? Then to losd you open valve shake down close valve and fire. It would be singled basically. Alternativly make a dart chamber that only takes one or two darts then reload. If you have a one way kind of load system that should be pretty quick.

I looked at a similar system, with just the one valve. Problem is, as was identified by a few different member's, is that there's a pretty good chance of cutting the darts when closing the valve. Just like 2120 mentioned earlier in this thread.

Cheers,
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:50 am

Could be fixed. Since the clip doesnt have to be air tight any more cut a slit up the side so you can see the progression of the dart or even drill a hole in the top so you can use a finger to stop the second dart falling in. also adding a dab of hot glue to add as a catch so you have to push the next dart in through said hole could help.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

lol, have a read again of what you said, it's quite a complicated process in a very simple device to increase RoF.

The only feasible idea I could think of, with the idea of removing deadspace and keeping the desired RoF without being too finicky about the RSCB is having a collapsible barrel of some sort acting as 3/4 of the dart storage. But feel free to shoot me down here

Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 am

Na your right about the complicated point. You'd be better of with a 1 shot , reload kinda thing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 pm