Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
SnowDragon
mister_elliott
TryHardGamer47
tangycloud69
False
Unknown
night stalker
Acerised
littlebro05
13 posters

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE Empty (CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Why is this called Speed Foam Warfare? Just because there is artificial 'cover' placed around the field and the battlefield is small (40m by 20m)! You will have to be on your feet as staying in one place will result in destruction and massacre!

Basis

Speed #1:
    Only 70-75% of your team will be on the field. Respawn rules are that when someone 'is shot', they must return to base and swap with the next person who is waiting in line for their 'turn'. When they reach the respawn point, they must tag the next person in line back into the game. Obviously, one factor for calling it 'speed' is because you must return to base as quickly as possible to get your team going. (Note: If there is large numbers - this rule will apply)

Speed #2:
    Being a small playing field, you have to be quick on your feet. Staying in one place may results in a charge or rush causing a massacre (if there are a few in the same spot). It is recommended to split up to run to complete the objective while supporting your team mates through coverfire, distraction and division.

McCaskie Park, Blamey Street, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, 4059

...Time
    9AM-4PM

Dart Hire (compulsory)
    Provided by littlebro05 - $10 per person.
    - Darts will include, weighted snap cap darts and silicone tips.

Dart Blaster Hire (optional)
    Provided by littlebro05:

Updates on Gun Hire:

For those who have friends who don't have a blaster or if you bring a blaster and it isnt' up to your standard you can hire the following the blasters I will only be bringing a few though.

For $15 - You get Furyfire
    -> 35-50ft
    -> Dart Hire
    -> Ten Round Capacity

Dart Purchase (optional)
    It is available after the war, you will get a mixture of silicone and snap cap darts. It will cost you $10 extra per person to get 100 darts. Then if you want more darts (per person) it will cost you $20 per 100 darts. If you have a friend, it will be better to split the cost if you want 200.

General Warring Rules and Etiquette
    1. If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT (Hit)
    2. If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
    3. If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
    4. Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
    5. Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
    6. Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
    7. Minimum engagement range = 2-3metres | For Air Blasters it’s 8metres
    (NOTE: If the person charges YOU, you are able to shoot them at a close engagement range. However, if you charge at them - you will be given a warning)
    8. Range Limit of 120ft (40’ish metres) - Big Blasts and Titans are banned.
    9. EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY (You will most definitely need it in this war as the darts are flying at a higher velocity than HvZ blasters)
    10. Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there should to say I’ve got you. This is to avoid close shooting encounters from high end blasters
    11. You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
    12. In case of a situation where both players have shot each other near or at the same time – this is a double kill. Both players must return to the safe zone / or respawn point.
    13. When you are shot – you are NOT allowed to communicate with other players. Dead people can’t talk.
    14. If children or anybody walks across the field, please halt your fire and screamout 'STOP' and continue the chain to yelling until the kids or other people are off to the field.
    15. Please don't take the game too literally and get to serious about it. Nor boast about how good you are, no one likes arrogance or someone who is taking it way seriously. Be casual about it, it's just a game and we're here to have some fun.

Game Types
    1. Team Deathmatch (Elimination) - Classic GameType
    2. Capture the Flag - Classic GameType
    3. Defend and Maintain - Arm the bomb to win! Two way detonation and hold for 3-4minutes!
    4. Suicide Bomber - Reverse capture the flag, you have a designated suicide bomber which must plant the flag at the enemy base! The bomber will have unlimited respawns, his 'support' will have none. Eliminate your contestants so it's easier for your comrade to plant the bomb!
    5. HvZ - Run, run, run don't get infected by the zombies! Last man standing wins! Please bring low powered blasters for this gametype
    6. Time Crisis / Ghost Squad - Defend your self against waves of fighting enemies!
    7. Pistol Rounds for each gametype

PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS INCLUDE:

1. Wipeout Pistol
    2. Stormfire
    3. Nitefinder
    4. Barricade
    5. Maverick
    6. Spectre
    7. Furyfire
    8. X-Shot Pistol
    9. Tek One
    10. Recon WITHOUT Stock or Barrel attachment (even though those bits are useless anyway - just trying to run with the hand gun only theme)
    11. Scout IX-3
    12. Speedload 6
    13. Dart Tag Gun (Hyperfire)
    14. Element EX-6
    15. Dart Tag Sharpshot
    16. Tech Target Pistol
    17. X-Shot Turbofire

Banned Blasters
    - Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Big Blasts
    - Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Berserkers
    - Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Titans
    - Singled OR RSCB'd OR Hopper OR Inlined Air Powered Blasters
    - Anything that can shoot across the field (40metres) at a slightly flat angled
    - Anything that can penetrate 2 or more layers of cardboard

Housekeeping
    - If in between game breaks and you are you 'popping of shots', ONLY shoot within the field as we do not want accidents happening by accidentally shooting a non player.
    - If you arrive early, please help set up. Bring a mallet. I will print out the format of where the stakes should be hammered,
    - At the end of the day, stay AT LEAST until all the darts have been sweeped off the field and all the tarps have been taken down. I will give instructions at the end of the day.
    - EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY, IF YOU GOT NONE - YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE
    - If this is your first time attending a war, please bring a blaster (and a spare one) that has AT LEAST the AR removal, these darts will not fire effectively if you have not at least done that modification. Use google, if you need help.

Attendees
    A list of attendees. If you are willing or might be participating in this war, REPLY to this thread stating the following. Age, any extra friends who are coming and Arsenal of EACH player. Arsenals included modifications on the blaster. Our age limit here is 12YO. So I know a rough estimate of how many darts I need to bring.

heist Drink Sales!

Are you too lazy to walk across the shopping centre to buy yourself a drink? heist is the man for you! He will be selling cans of soda for $1.50 each. Available throughout the course of the day. Damn it's convenient!

lefty BBQ!

The BBQ last time was a BIG success and once again, our good friend lefty will be hosting another one.

$2 for a snag on bread - Free Sauce Haha!

Photos of Last Wars, taken by Unknown's father:

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE Nerf%252520war%252520111

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE Nerf%252520war%252520045

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE Nerf%252520war%252520020

SOME CHANGES

- The cover I will be bringing will ONLY be 1.2metres tall. I won't have any 1.8metre tall tarps for the time being as they were a pain to put up. There will be new 'ways' to hold up the cover
    - We will play 3 rounds of each game type as 5 rounds per game type seemed a little boring as we didn't get through much. At the end of the third round, we will be using pistols only match REMEMBER TO BRING A SIDEARM. If you are unsure, check the list above.
    - If you have cover, feel free to bring them along, the more cover we have the better!
    - There maybe a possibility where Lite Tips and Heavy Tips will be involved. Lite Tips are recommended for those with weaker blasters. Depending on the circumstances.
    - If you have a Nerf mini pocket howler, feel free to use it in wars, they must hit directly for the 'kill'. Bombard your enemies!
    - If you have a stampede shield on your blaster, your gun can be used as a shield. Explained more on the day.

This will be the last war event I will be hosting until January, 2012 because I've become busy with my studies. Inf0rm3r and Unknown should be hosting some in the near future where I will attend if I'm not busy.

Last edited by littlebro05 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    Acerised
    Acerised

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE Empty Re: (CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE

Post  Acerised Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

littlebro05 wrote:- If you have a stampede shield on your blaster, your gun can be used as a shield. Explained more on the day.

^Success!.. Bring out the Vulcans.. Muhahaha!

Hopefully i can attend, I'll get back to you Thanh!

I'll be selling a few items on the day, Check out my sales thread:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3507-acerised-sales-thread-supermaxx-air-tech-blasters-stinger-caps-parts-and-more
    night stalker
    night stalker

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE Empty Re: (CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE

Post  night stalker Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:27 am

Count me in !!!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:02 am

Bumping this thread. As now we have an example of the new cover being set up at Kelvin Grove Wars.

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE IMG_3329

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE IMG_3330

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE IMG_3331

(CBD QLD) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 18th of December, 2011 - (SUNDAY) DATE CHANGE IMG_3333

All we need now are some tent pegs and we're ready to go. Much quicker to set up than hammering stakes into rock solid ground. If anyone is curious to the cost of the price. For a cover that's about 120cmx180cm which includes pipe and fittings will cost you aroudn $20 a wall.

night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 am

Cool
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

I've decided to add a new feature to the SFW and that is what we call the 'MEDIC'. In games such as Suicide Bomber and Team Deathmatch, the Medic is constantly allowed to respawn. He can only revive each person once which is designated by each person can only be 'bandaged' once. This should add a new feature to the game. Medics will have unlimited respawns.

MEDICS are allowed any weapon and will be designated with red etape on their back with a cross.

Riot shields are now allowed too. The rule is that you can ONLY WALK and carry a 'pistol' classified blaster. Please refer to the list above. If you are caught running, you will be disallowed use of the shields if repeatedly offended. The dart can kill the shield users if it hits their gun OR body.

Riot shields can be 'countered' by a mini vortex howler, which will 'kill' the riot shield AND the user. This makes the game more balanced. These mini vortex howlers are allowed to be picked up to be reused. Please BYO these and REMEMBER TO MARK YOUR NAME ON IT. Depending on the limitation, we may only have a specified amount on each team / on the field at all times.

Riot shields will be a 'moveable' wall for your team mates to advance. Riot shield users are allowed to respawn via medic as per rule.

Melee weapons cannot be used to kill the riot shield user. This is to avoid any conflict of trying to 'shield bash / block' their attacks.

PLEASE NOTE: This will be a test whether it works out better or not. This is so games will end quicker without the 'stand off'. which make games last forever. Will best tested on all game types.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 pm

sounds fun XD
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 am

Date Change:

I'll be moving this event to the 18th of December, 2011. As I've just realised that I have much work uni work to do to host a war.

I'm hosting it a week before christmas as it's on a holiday, and hopefully you guys don't have any plans except for going overseas. :(. Hopefully, Unknown will host a war between now and then though. I pass the baton to you temporarily!
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 am

I will see if i can come (change of date) and with my cobab sword... lol.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:26 am

littlebro05 wrote:Date Change:
    Hopefully, Unknown will host a war between now and then though. I pass the baton to you temporarily!

I'll have one up as soon as I get my hands on some sili-tips : )

I'll be there by the way.
    False
    False

Post  False Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:03 am

I would like to go to a war in the long Chrismas holidays.

Are you planning on having any wars in that time for longer distance blasters? Maybe even in the Southern part of Brissy?
    tangycloud69
    tangycloud69

Post  tangycloud69 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:18 pm

count me in thanh :).
    TryHardGamer47
    TryHardGamer47

Post  TryHardGamer47 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:23 am

count me in too
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey thanh are those midair dart blurs courtesy of photoshop, or is that some super intense photgraphy?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Nope, no Photoshop there. Pictures courtesy of the creepy guy sitting on the bench.

When it comes to photography, size matters. (I'm referring to the lens BTW...)
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Bumping this thread! With less than two weeks to go. We will LITE TIPS so it is more beginner friendly and heavy tips for the guys who need that bit of extra accuracy.

Make sure your blaster does not shoot 40metres flat, or penetrate more than 1 layers of cardboard. Remember, this is for out entry - intermediate players.

NO HIGH POWERED AIR DART BLASTERS ALLOWED - Refer to the rules on the first post. Springers and Flywheels only. Magstrikes and RF20s are still legal as they don't own so hard. The program will be divided up like this

TDM for 4Rs
    1 game - Unlimited Respawns (Warm Up) 5minutes
    2 games - NO RESPAWNS
    1 game - PISTOL ROUND NO RESPAWNS

CTF for 4Rs

2 games - Unlimited Respawns
    1 game - NO RESPAWNS
    1 game - Pistol Round UNLIMITED Respawns

HvZ

3 games - Use whatever blasters
    1 game - PISTOL ROUND

Suicide Bomber

3 games - Use whatever blasters
    1 game - PISTOL ROUND

VIP Escort the Injured

3 games - Any Blaster
    1 game - Pistol

And then anything after that, we'll just play around =).
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Won't be in attendence this time, crosses with SLQ's 36 hour HvZ game throughout Southbank.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Are full face masks allowed as this is a public war?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 pm

It sure is. I figured, if a bunch of grown adult men wearing a facemask carrying a brightly coloured blaster, people would just think that we're weird. Lol. Hence why, black matte or military coloured blasters aren't allowed.
    plulse
    plulse

Post  plulse Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:32 am

Is my berserker allowed if i shotgun it?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 am

If it's got a shotgun shell. It's allowed. No singled, Breeched, RSCB, Hopper or Inline Clips.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 am

Just remember to bring the masks littlebro i can't wait its been sooo long till a nerf war, i just got a new NF i moded it with in 5 mins and plus im getting a BBUMB for christmas!!! Ohhh and i was at school and i found a thick card in the tip, if i can will i be able to bring it for cover? I will check with my friend if i can use it for the next nerf war.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 pm

I've only got two left. Just remember that. First come first serve. I'm trying to get rid of them.

Bring whatever cover you can. I will have about 10 walls set up for this war, but the more the better. These walls can fit about 3 people behind it. Which brings me to my next point.

If anyone could bring covers to this wall, it would be much appreciated! The more cover the better!
    dchil15
    dchil15

Post  dchil15 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:41 am

littlebro05 wrote: ......flat, or penetrate more than 1 layers of cardboard.....

From what distance is this?and by penertrate more than on layer of cardboard it can get through 1 but not a second it is okay? and what type of cardboard[I'm guessing any old packing box style cardboard]? I just want to know so I can mod my first blaster to this spec and evetually join my first war.
    dchil15
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 am

I should of said 1 or more layers of cardboard with a heavy silicone tipped. The cardboard is Nerf Cardboard. I'm going to trust people in making this decision.

If I do notice a blaster shooting over 40metres flat at a high velocity, I will have to test it as it is unsafe (as we've experienced before) to use anything to overpowered in this rea.
    dchil15
    dchil15

Post  dchil15 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks for clarifying.
    Dchil15
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:33 am

littlebro05 wrote:I've only got two left. Just remember that. First come first serve. I'm trying to get rid of them.

Bring whatever cover you can. I will have about 10 walls set up for this war, but the more the better. These walls can fit about 3 people behind it. Which brings me to my next point.

If anyone could bring covers to this wall, it would be much appreciated! The more cover the better!
    Ok i will be there early

Post  Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:37 am

Last edited by DesertKind on Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm definetly coming, I'm also probably bringing a friend.

EDIT: Holy crap; those are some good pics

Last edited by SuctionCup on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:36 am

Dcman will not be coming beace his mum is sick in hospital so he asked me to buy the mask for him and he will pay me back , will that be ok littlebro?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:38 am

Just going to be putting it out there. It will be first come first serve. You must have correct change for these masks as well. So yeah, if you want them. I'd get there early.

Christmas Prize Give-Away!:: For those who are attending tomorrow. We will be doing a Nerf Blaster give-away. The way it will work is that after you have paid for your dart hire, you will get a raffle ticket. It will be drawn during lunch time.

The prize is a BNIB Gear-Up Maverick. As celebration on how long the Brisbane Nerf Group has gone for and it's Christmas!
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:52 am

Sounds great! See you guys there.Ohh and littlebro can you please take a pic of the masks I really want to see wat they look like.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:24 pm

I am willing to buy a 6-Dart clip for around $5 if anyones got a spare.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Someone is selling them some tomorrow. Photo Ninja is his username. He'll be there tomorrow. Has 9 of them.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Someone is selling them some tomorrow. Photo Ninja is his username. He'll be there tomorrow. Has 9 of them.

Awesomesauce. Any idea of the pricing PN is selling them for?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 am