Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
Joey
ZeusPwns
6 posters

Skyrim Greybeards

ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Skyrim Greybeards Empty Skyrim Greybeards

Post  ZeusPwns Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 am

Im playing skyrim on pc, and Im up to the part where i have to demonstrate my unrelenting force shout, 3 times, when the person/ghost comes up I use it, but it still stays on 0/0! Why!!

PS: I know I'm not far....
    Joey
    Joey

Skyrim Greybeards Empty Re: Skyrim Greybeards

Post  Joey Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 am

ZeusPwns wrote:Im playing skyrim on pc, and Im up to the part where i have to demonstrate my unrelenting force shout, 3 times, when the person/ghost comes up I use it, but it still stays on 0/0! Why!!

PS: I know I'm not far....

Jump back to the save from when you entered the area and try again. Also try holding down 'z' for a bit and not tapping it. You have to do the full 'fos-ro-dah', not just 'fus' (I believe)
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah I tried that, and Tried again, restarted comp as well, THEN it worked. Thanks for your help anyway!
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:38 pm

ZeusPwns wrote:Yeah I tried that, and Tried again, restarted comp as well, THEN it worked. Thanks for your help anyway!

Heh yeah, welcome to a Bethesda game on PC :p
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 am

Joey wrote:
    ZeusPwns wrote:Yeah I tried that, and Tried again, restarted comp as well, THEN it worked. Thanks for your help anyway!

Heh yeah, welcome to a Bethesda game on PC :p

its a shame its just ported from console. i do hope they fix all the bugs.

and it may just be me.... but the side quest chains like the companions and the theives guild seem to be really small... on oblivion it took me forever to become the arch mage of the mages guild.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:30 pm

frostythesnowman wrote:
    its a shame its just ported from console. i do hope they fix all the bugs.

and it may just be me.... but the side quest chains like the companions and the theives guild seem to be really small... on oblivion it took me forever to become the arch mage of the mages guild.

Yeah it has some real issues. For starters run is 'alt' and menu is 'tab' so don't try to take any potions while running. I just finished the mage guild's story arc, while I see what they were getting at and it was good it really needed more content to pad it out. The whole start off as a student thing and even getting student quarters was really cool and you can see that they put a lot of work in to the charactures and the feel, but then they only really give you one small story arc and it is all over. Some buffer content would have gone a long way to improving on that experience.

I have a few little graphics issues, some caused by multi monitor which I am not to fussed about (the widescreen community are working on fixes as we type). Others include random textures just not loading, instead I am left with the purplish normal map. Quite a few crashes which has caused me to save often and a couple other minor things.

Arguably it could be much worse, and on the PC I have access to the developer console so I can put in some custom commands that make the game better for me;
    'Set TimeScale to 4' - Makes the world time go at 4x real time instead of 16x. Which to me makes the game a while lot more immersive. No more setting out to quest and it is already midnight, I gotta sleep sometime. That and the 'well rested' bonus gives 20% extra EXP.
    'Sexchange' - great for removing arrows and ice spikes caught to your characture, though a friend of mine has mentioned he has an ice wrath caught on his leg that just wont go away.
    'Unlock' - Yes I get it, I have used 20 lockpics, this thing doesn't want to open just shot me the fat loots.

Not to mention the mods that people are working on all point to the PC experience ending up to be superior (PC master race).

How is everyone going with the level scaling? I really like it, I am built as a heavy armored battle mage. Basically I will light you on fire and hit you in the face with a mace. I like that the enemies are always engaging and challenging no matter what level I am.

I also really like the perks and skills system. Instead of putting numbers in to dexterity/strength and what not you actually have to USE something to get better at it, kind of like real life. It really feels like you are rewarded for playing the way you want to.

Anyways that is my TL:DR post on the thing, I hope you have enjoyed :p
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:14 am

I've really not experienced any glitches asside from the minor person skimming which happens in most games anyway.

I have a theory that people with inferior hardware are getting the glitches more. Anyone I've talked to that is compaining is always running it near or below recomended settings when really you should have hardware well in excess of anygame you want to run nicely.

Otherwise the game is awesome. I'm liking the level scaling and being a nord I'm like a walking god. Better at combat and almost immune to ice magic. With the armour of the unburned I can just ignore the petty mages.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 am

I like the lizards because they can breathe underwater. It's so convenient.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:20 am

This game is bad ass, even with some glitching. I'm hunting down the 8 dragon priest masks at the moment to get the 9th mask. Full destruction Mage, BBQ king!!! Has anyone seen the dawnbreaker sword? I got it last night, sexy!
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Calico wrote:This game is bad ass, even with some glitching. I'm hunting down the 8 dragon priest masks at the moment to get the 9th mask. Full destruction Mage, BBQ king!!! Has anyone seen the dawnbreaker sword? I got it last night, sexy!

got dawnbreaker on my main. but alas all my perk points went into 2h weapons and heavy armor. oh well. cant complain about haveing 350+ armor and 60+ dmg on my weapons.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:50 pm

I know right!

I find all these super loot weapons and they simply don't out class my skyforge battle axe for damage output.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey guys, do you know of any trainers that are out for PC? I just want to know how to play the game, and experiment with things before I actually play it, if you know what I mean....

Thanks...
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:44 pm

ZeusPwns wrote:Hey guys, do you know of any trainers that are out for PC? I just want to know how to play the game, and experiment with things before I actually play it, if you know what I mean....

Thanks...

Look up the console commands dude, you can do anything you want with those. Of course 100% of the fun is actually exploring and finding new things.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:20 am

Joey wrote:
    Look up the console commands dude, you can do anything you want with those. Of course 100% of the fun is actually exploring and finding new things.

yea using the console simply ruins the game. unless you are just adding like lockpicks to your inventory. the game is alot better if you just start playing and not messing around. (learned my lesson from oblivion. only finnished it a few months before skyrim cause i cbf doing the main quest.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am