Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+10
chiiia
Zandor
oxymoron
Jeo
oznerfnerd
littlebro05
Joey
GirlyGamer
tangycloud69
natious
14 posters

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding]

natious

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] Empty [Build Log] Stampede [First time modding]

Post  natious Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 pm

So after scrapping my original plans, my little brother said he wanted a automatic nerf gun for xmas, so i went out and picked up a stampede and barricade.

Mods:
    AR Removal, 11kg Spring, 12v SLA battery.

No idea on distance, streamlines just go bananas most the time, im shattered i cant pick up some blue foam darts they would match the gun perfectly :(. I really dont want to make a bunch of stefans as i made a few already and they really hurt, i dont want him shooting his mates and hurting them :/ (they are all around 10-11)

I still need to have some decals made in the mass effect font, and place his initials and fav number N7 style.

Would this blaster be sutible for nerf wars? I'd assume the blue make its look non-realistic?

There are no pictures of internals because it didn't really seem that interesting.

Here are the parts sanded down and primed in a special plastic primer.

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] DqXzo

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] QtsyE

Black base coat down

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] CeAsE

Blue coat added

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] 53EQq

Started dry brushing

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] Z0Nux

Finish Blaster

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] BBNVQ

What do you guys think? I plan on doing a couple more, one for myself and my gf, nerf has got me by the balls, i'm obsessed with them now @_@. I had alot of fun painting and modding, cant wait to do it again.

tangycloud69
    tangycloud69

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] Empty Re: [Build Log] Stampede [First time modding]

Post  tangycloud69 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:53 pm

what base coat you using
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

[Build Log] Stampede [First time modding] Empty Re: [Build Log] Stampede [First time modding]

Post  GirlyGamer Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Great job, can't believe that's your first!

That is a lovely shade of blue.. what's the name of it?

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff

xx
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:10 pm

very nice work dude, looks great
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:11 pm

I love the colour! I'd keep the tip orange but, dude, fluro blue actually looks nice and war legal =). Nice work so far. Hopefully you'll get some megaton power out of it as well.
    natious

Post  natious Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm

tangycloud69 wrote:what base coat you using

White Knight "Squirts" Matte Black

GirlyGamer wrote:Great job, can't believe that's your first!

That is a lovely shade of blue.. what's the name of it?

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff

xx

Thanks, i was quite surprised that it turned out well, hopefully the next one turns out better.

White Knight "Squirts" Bermuda Blue

Joey wrote:very nice work dude, looks great

Thanks

littlebro05 wrote:I love the colour! I'd keep the tip orange but, dude, fluro blue actually looks nice and war legal =). Nice work so far. Hopefully you'll get some megaton power out of it as well.

Maybe i can get some fluro tape to wrap around the front when he takes it outside, it shoots quite well and sounds like a beast, but damn its heavy, i think i'd have trouble running around with it for a day.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:58 am

That looks really cool.

Please explain the "dry brushing" stage.

Are you giving it the weathered look after the paint is dry?
    natious

Post  natious Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 am

oznerfnerd wrote:That looks really cool.

Please explain the "dry brushing" stage.

Are you giving it the weathered look after the paint is dry?

Thanks, and yes, dry brushing is too give it the weathered look, i used a 10mm and 20mm brush with silver paint, then you just basically paint where you want it weathered.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:15 am

Drybrushing works by wiping most of the paint off the brush and quickly dragging it back and forth over an area. Any raised sections or edges will pick up more paint and you end up with that weathered look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drybrush

Edit: Also, RELLY COOL. Well done.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:57 am

Awesome job for your first mod!!! Shame you didn't get an entry into the modding comp in time.

You should be able to get some blue foam darts from inf0rm3r in time for Christmas if you wanted.
    natious

Post  natious Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 am

oxymoron wrote:Awesome job for your first mod!!! Shame you didn't get an entry into the modding comp in time.

You should be able to get some blue foam darts from inf0rm3r in time for Christmas if you wanted.

Apparently he isn't selling them for the time being
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:04 am

How bout that. I have a zillion heavy sil tip darts here so I'd be happy to sell 100 of them if you wanted.

PM me and we can work something out.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:48 am

Man... this both inspires me to get started on my first paint job too, yet yours was such a clean result I can bet mine will be a messy fail in comparison xD

Love that colour blue as well! Might try and find that to use on one of mine also... if I ever get around to it
    natious

Post  natious Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 am

Zandor wrote:Man... this both inspires me to get started on my first paint job too, yet yours was such a clean result I can bet mine will be a messy fail in comparison xD

Love that colour blue as well! Might try and find that to use on one of mine also... if I ever get around to it

Thanks mate, just try it out it could turn out better than you expected.
    chiiia
    chiiia

Post  chiiia Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 am

That looks sick man! How many coats of paint did you put?
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 am

Jeo wrote:Drybrushing works by wiping most of the paint off the brush and quickly dragging it back and forth over an area. Any raised sections or edges will pick up more paint and you end up with that weathered look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drybrush

Edit: Also, RELLY COOL. Well done.

Cheers,

I've never ventured into painting, as I'm very much a spanners and electrical modder.

Between girlygamers work and now this, I might have to make time and roll my sleeves up.
    natious

Post  natious Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:27 pm

chiiia wrote:That looks sick man! How many coats of paint did you put?

2 1/2 base coats, 2 1/2 blue coats, by 1/2, the first coat is just a dust coat.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:32 am

Very tasteful, nice job indeed, the black looks almost grey in the pics I like it alot. 10/10 Just wondering what primer you used for this?
    natious

Post  natious Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:52 am

Calico wrote:Very tasteful, nice job indeed, the black looks almost grey in the pics I like it alot. 10/10 Just wondering what primer you used for this?

First i scotch brite the plastic with the blue version, then the primer i used is by plasti-kote, all the writing is in german but just look out for the English words PLASTIC PRIMER, its from miter 10. Its the only primer that was availible at the time, both bunnings and miter10 had run out of the usualy primer. But it gave me good results.
    soultek

Post  soultek Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:49 am

thats a pro job man.. envious of your skillz
    False
    False

Post  False Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 am

Nice work, man! I really love that stark contrast between the blue and black.

I can't wait to see your other paintjobs 
    natious

Post  natious Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:44 pm

thanks guys, i also did a barricade in the same style, but i didn't have time to take photos :(, i gave them both to my little brother for xmas, he love them, gave everyone welts with the stingers, i think i should of bought heavy darts for it as it fishtails the stingers as bad as streamlines.

I've started working on a longshot for myself, when its done ill post some pics, tho it wont be till after new years.
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 am

Amazing. Did u drybrush on the blue aswell or just the black cuz i cant tell
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:14 am

I'd say he did both. Compare the highlights on the blue between pictures 4 and 5.
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 am

Either way, its badass

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:08 pm