Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0

asianassassin325
    asianassassin325

Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Empty Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0

Post  asianassassin325 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:26 am

Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0
    I actually finished this mod about 3 months ago, im just finally getting around to posting it.
    So Here's the story:
    Since i got my first Recon, about 2 years ago, I always wanted to shotgun fore-grip one, but I never really got around to it. I first saw BlackHawkPictures13's Recon shotgun modification on you-tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69LYsAIOCw), but it was messy, weak and ugly.
    But I liked their basic idea of using the tactical rails as a running rail for the fore-grip, so I expanded on the idea.

So it was the school holidays and i had a couple free days to work on a mod. Id recentely accuired a recon for free and i had all the parts sitting in my workshop so i decided to go for it.
    The goal was to create a sturdy forgrip, that ran along the bottom tactical rails of the blaster, but was large and comfortable for my adult sized hands and primed extremely smoothly.
    I achieved all of this and more:

Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3723

To create the foregrip, i decided to use the recon reddot sight, as it is large enough to glue and screw parts into, i cut it down just before the battery pack so that it was much shorter.
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3724

I then got started on the forgrips arms,to create them i knew the common method was to use diagonal arms leading up to the priming handle because it is above the bottom tactical rails, but i find this messy and i wanted to do the job alot cleaner. I cut three rectangles of 3mm thick plywood, and glued them all together so it made one thick rectangle of plywood, i created 2 of these and glued them to the sides of the redot sight. This was to allow for the increase of the blasters thickness at the center of the blaster.
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3725
    I then created 2 long plywood arms, and i know it seems like a weak material,but plywood will definetely hold the spring weight of a recon, i glued them at one end to the recon priming handle, making sure they were sturdy.
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3726
    At the other end, i glued a square sheet of ply on the other side of the arms, this piece is what attatches the arms to the reddot sight below.
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3727
    Finally, i shaved out the tabs in the recons bottom tactical rail so that the foregrip will slide freely.
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3811
    Once all the pieces are made, its simply a matter of putting the recon together, slipping the reddot sight (with rectangles of ply glued to either side) onto the bottom tactical rail, and screwing the plywood arms into the sight.
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3728
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3729
    Obviously the plywood on the grip is very thick by the end of this, over a cm on either side of the reddot sight, so its important to use a dremel and a file to curve the edges of and create a smooth, sort of oval shape, so that the grip is comfortable.

I'm not going to go thought the Internal mods thoroughly since they aren't the focus of this mod , But the internal mods include:
    AR removal
    E-tape behind the plunger for full spring compression
    Padded plunger
    Lock removal
    O-ring upgrade
    Straw mod (less deadspace)
    A breech mod i created for better dart fit using a heap of Etape and superglue, i will do a full writeup on this mod soon!

I also built a powerstock to get more range
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3730
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3731

That Pretty much covers the whole blaster. I Get about 60 ft rangesusing converted streamlines which is quite impressive for a Non-OMW modded recon. and with the shotgun foregrip the rate of fire is amazing, so this blaster is going to be great for HVZ.
    The blaster is also extremely comfy,and fun to use.
    I decided to call it the Recon 2.0
    Also, i kind of went crazy with my engraving tool
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3732
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3733
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3734
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3735
    Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Img_3736
    camo1010
    camo1010

Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Empty Re: Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0

Post  camo1010 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:35 am

Not too bad mate.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0 Empty Re: Shotgun Fore-gripped Recon/ Recon 2.0

Post  littlebro05 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:46 am

Just a tip on 'padding the plunger'. I recommend you to 3day epoxy the padding into your plunger. This will increase the strength of the plunger, but also provide padding as well.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 am

Good Job!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:52 am