Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+11
NORTHENGHOST
cfb_rolley
JoeyjoejoeJrShabbadoo
littlebro05
FrostCheif
Rooksy
sniperdude49
Sheepie_125
clunk07
inPhamous
Joey
15 posters

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store

Joey
    Joey

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Empty Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store

Post  Joey Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 pm

www.slydev.com.au/Store

After months of waiting for the printer to arrive and a bit of extra time building the website my 3d parts store is finally up and ready to take orders. I have a fairly decent size range of banditfox products in the store and will be adding more as time goes on.

A couple of product highlights:
    8 Holder dart rail:
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store DartRailMin
    8 Dart rail holder for holding more ammo. Works very nicely with the Double rail adaptor.

Nerf rail attachment:
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store NerfRailAttachment
    Glue this attachment to any gun to use as a nerf rail. Will accept both nerf and banditfox accessories. Comes in 4cm and 8cm variants.

All products are avaliable in 5 colors:
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store 5colorsSM
    The 5 colors have been picked to match the nerf colors closely, though I have a good feeling that black will still be the most popular. I will be adding more colors down the track, most likely red, green and possibly glow in the dark.

Postage Australia wide is no more than $6 for any order. Currently international orders are on hold as it just doesn't seem viable.

I am always working on adding more to the product lineup, if you have an idea for a product I am all ears.
    Either way I hope that the store is well received as I enjoy designing and building these parts. I appreciate any feedback and look forward to coming up with new products to help nerfers get the edge in a war.

I will be using this thread to update for newer products so I don't spam up the forums, but don't hesitate to put your feedback here either.

Otherwise I also offer other 3d printing solutions, including customised logo printing and other things. Just bug me here or by email for a quote.
    inPhamous
    inPhamous

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Empty Re: Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store

Post  inPhamous Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 am

I was looking at those rail converters you have on your site and i was wondering how strong would you say the parts are, in terms of durability and how much stress it can take.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Empty Re: Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:22 am

Guys and girls,

Just a quick shameless plug for Joey. These products are pretty damn awesome, and I can't speak highly enough of his customer service. Within a matter of days, he's managed to produce a custom logo badge for CWC. Awaiting delivery, but once it gets here, there'll be a review as always.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers,
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:39 am

inPhamous wrote:I was looking at those rail converters you have on your site and i was wondering how strong would you say the parts are, in terms of durability and how much stress it can take.

They certainly arnt weak, After my first test print I took a hammer to it and was amazed that it didn't even show a scratch. I bet I could stand on a piece and it wouldn't deform. That aside I still am keeping away from high stress internals components for now, don't have the time to test them and as a result I don't want to release something subpar.

Also thanks clunk, I have posted your sample and we can go from there, will be printing off the other idea soon I reckon.
    inPhamous
    inPhamous

Post  inPhamous Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:56 am

Joey wrote:
    They certainly arnt weak, After my first test print I took a hammer to it and was amazed that it didn't even show a scratch. I bet I could stand on a piece and it wouldn't deform. That aside I still am keeping away from high stress internals components for now, don't have the time to test them and as a result I don't want to release something subpar.
    Awesome to know. Im probably going to get some today or at a later date
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:06 pm

CWC Logo from Joey:

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Dsc_1129

Size comparison:

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Dsc_1130

Cheers,
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125

Post  Sheepie_125 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I just picked up my first batch of printed items and I couldn't be happier! As someone designing my own items for Joey to print his customer service is EXCELLENT! His patience is amazing - I've had a design go back and forth a few times just so it turns out right and I don't have to pay for a dud item - trust me when I say this is rare, most print shops will just print whatever you give them without letting you know how you can make it print easier. Also his pricing is WAY better than the other 3D print shops I've tried. Whether you buy something already designed in his store or model it yourself you wont be disappointed with the result!

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Img_7812

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Img_7813

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Img_7814

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Img_7815
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 pm

A couple new products are finished:

22mm weaver rails for gluing to a gun (in both 4.5cm and 8cm variants)
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_22Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_23

Along with the final version of the 22mm nerf rail attachment:
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_1

I am still working on the quadshot barrel spacer, having some issues printing large items otherwise it is finished, I will update when it I get it working

Stay tuned for more products and to those who have bought from my store; thank you
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:22 am

Are you gong to make an Ipod mount as well as an Iphone mount?
    Rooksy
    Rooksy

Post  Rooksy Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 am

Yeah, I agree. An iPod mount and iPhone mount would be awesome, Definitely would have to buy one.

Thanks,
    Rooks
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:39 pm

sniperdude49 wrote:Are you gong to make an Ipod mount as well as an Iphone mount?

Which gen ipod? The new touch? They are the same as the iphone but a little thinner arnt they? Yeah I will see what I can do down the track
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 pm

yeah the new ipod touch
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 pm

In the mean time I have three jolt related products out:

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store 473917_10150187426454949_882042049_o
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_24Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_25Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_26

That is the jolt adapter, jolt to jolt connector and jolt to nerf rail adapter. Always good to have a jolt on hand for a backup shot.

Also pictured is a prototype for a nerf barrel extender with multiple rails. Not quite happy with how it looks for now but will figure it out soon I hope.

FrostCheif
    FrostCheif

Post  FrostCheif Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:18 am

Does anyone have any ACCURATE 3d models of nerf blaster internals? It could mean that could be built and sold to Aussies here at lower prices than OMW or xplorer

For example
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store M-at1-10
    A Longshot stability piece
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store M-at1-11
    An Alpha Trooper Catch
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store M-at1-12
    A Longshot end-cap and catch
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store M-at1-13
    An N-strike back-plate

Is this possible, and will anybody try?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 am

Hey FrostCheif, just so you know, the longshot doesn't require an aluminium trigger catch nor a backplate (I never had one broke on me just yet, just the screws ports lol). An alu catch trigger for the AT isn't necessary either, nor the n-strike backplate part (since that piece is already supported by the stock attachment part.

It's alot of unnecessary stuff really.

@Joey, as an improve for your dart holder design, I would make that more solid, it looks like it could snap really easily. Will cost more, but durability will be awesome lol
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm probably one of the few guys that have the xplorer plunger tube support.

Joey, if you like, I could loan you mine for modelling. Honestly, I think this would be a valuable addition to your wares. I'm unsure how suitable the 3D modelling material will be for this application, but it couldn't hurt to try...

For those unaware, the XPTS is an additional support for the backplate on the Longshot plunger tube. It allows for use of higher spring loads, as well as alleviating any issues encountered if the screw ports become stripped on the plunger tube.

Cheers,
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:46 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Hey FrostCheif, just so you know, the longshot doesn't require an aluminium trigger catch nor a backplate (I never had one broke on me just yet, just the screws ports lol). An alu catch trigger for the AT isn't necessary either, nor the n-strike backplate part (since that piece is already supported by the stock attachment part.

It's alot of unnecessary stuff really.

@Joey, as an improve for your dart holder design, I would make that more solid, it looks like it could snap really easily. Will cost more, but durability will be awesome lol

Basically hit the hammer on the head, I own a lot of that alu stuff and honestly the only thing that I feel needs replacing is the bolt sled, and honestly you can get away with reinforcing that super cheap.

As for the dart holder's strength it might seem weak but it is a lot stronger that you give it credit for.

Anyways I am purposely staying away from high stress internals, while I believe that a good print will be strong enough to match the stock parts there can be anomalies in between some layers that will cause a weakness.

That aside if there are internal parts that people want that aren't high stress (triggers, etc) I am happy to give them a shot.

@clunk could you email/link me to a photo of the plunger support and I will see if it is viable

JoeyjoejoeJrShabbadoo
    JoeyjoejoeJrShabbadoo

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Empty Could really speed up your rapid prototyping / clone nerf parts with this:

Post  JoeyjoejoeJrShabbadoo Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 am

Make your own cheap 3d Scanner:
    youtube.com/watch?v=w2uH1Ag2cAY

I've been also seeing projects where they use a Xbox kinect to scan in 3D and then convert to something a C&C machine can use or 3D printer.
    FrostCheif
    FrostCheif

Post  FrostCheif Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:54 am

I just put these in here as a suggestion. I do know of a certain individual who uses a 20kg load spring on his longshot, and would probably need some of these pieces. maybe NF Catches, or parts that usually break. That list was just an example.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 am

JoeyjoejoeJrShabbadoo wrote:Make your own cheap 3d Scanner:
    youtube.com/watch?v=w2uH1Ag2cAY

I've been also seeing projects where they use a Xbox kinect to scan in 3D and then convert to something a C&C machine can use or 3D printer.

Good for 'organic' things, rubbish for technical things IMHO. The kinect picks up a lot of 'noise' which makes scanning some things pretty useless, specially when 1mm out can mean it doesn't work.

Otherwise if I wanted to print out a model of my face or something then def I would use the kinect, but for nerf gun parts it just isn't viable.

FrostCheif wrote:I just put these in here as a suggestion. I do know of a certain individual who uses a 20kg load spring on his longshot, and would probably need some of these pieces. maybe NF Catches, or parts that usually break. That list was just an example.

Certainly all suggestions are much appreciated, I just don't want to move on to internals that may break until I am sure they will be perfect and well tested. In the mean time I would like my external stuff to sell a bit better too before diving in to this. Either way I might just look in to that xplorer support, see if i can make something simular at a much much cheaper price.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 am

Joey,

I'm on my phone mate, so linking is out. If you look in the Reviews section, I'm fairly certain I've posted a Xplorer shotgun grip & XPTS review, with a decent picture.

Cheers,
    inPhamous
    inPhamous

Post  inPhamous Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Just put my order for two rail converters, cant wait till I get them.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:12 pm

yo, what's the expected price for the jolt to nerf rail adapter? I could see that being used on my recon for sure.
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125

Post  Sheepie_125 Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:30 pm

He's already got them on his store @ $2 + $1 postage.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:59 am

Got my jolt rail attachment the other day, pretty sturdy, nice work! I did a quick plug on my blog about it. Any plans for something like an Australian version of the Xpower shotgun grip for longshots? that'd be damn sweet.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am

cfb_rolley wrote:Any plans for something like an Australian version of the Xpower shotgun grip for longshots? that'd be damn sweet.

Agreed, would love to see something like that available.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

cfb_rolley wrote:Got my jolt rail attachment the other day, pretty sturdy, nice work! I did a quick plug on my blog about it. Any plans for something like an Australian version of the Xpower shotgun grip for longshots? that'd be damn sweet.

Wow man, thanks for the plug on your blog, I really appreciate it (:

I would love to do larger things like the shotgun grip but I am having an issue with printing larger surface prints, basically the layers above the build platform become cold (specially due to how cold it is now) and it causes the build to shrink a little which makes it bend off the build platform which in turn ruins the print. I have tried a few tricks to get past this problem but I am still not confident with something as large as a shotgun grip. The second problem is that I worry it will not be strong enough to be pumped on stronger spring longshots. Either way, for now I am sticking to smaller things because I have much more control over quality.

I really need to sit down and get a couple more products out, just been a little busy with IRL stuff but I do have quite a few new product ideas sitting around. Not to mention products people have been bugging me to get done (iphone/ipod holder, quadshot barrel spacer, camera holder)

Either way I really appreciate the feedback I have been getting from everyone.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 am

With the longshot grip, you could try making a simple sub frame out of some thing such as Aluminum and then build a grip around that. Just an idea
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Joey wrote:Wow man, thanks for the plug on your blog, I really appreciate it (:

I would love to do larger things like the shotgun grip but I am having an issue with printing larger surface prints, basically the layers above the build platform become cold (specially due to how cold it is now) and it causes the build to shrink a little which makes it bend off the build platform which in turn ruins the print. I have tried a few tricks to get past this problem but I am still not confident with something as large as a shotgun grip. The second problem is that I worry it will not be strong enough to be pumped on stronger spring longshots. Either way, for now I am sticking to smaller things because I have much more control over quality.

I really need to sit down and get a couple more products out, just been a little busy with IRL stuff but I do have quite a few new product ideas sitting around. Not to mention products people have been bugging me to get done (iphone/ipod holder, quadshot barrel spacer, camera holder)

Either way I really appreciate the feedback I have been getting from everyone.

That's alright, I like to use my blog to support things that are awesome. The post actually also caught the attention of Bazookafied's Tactical Tag blog too!
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:45 am

Okay so update!

I have renamed the 22mm rail to a pictinny rail, because that is what it really is (or at least what I got the dimensions from).

I have also released a lineup of iron sights:
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_30

That come in 3 sizes, for different drop rates:
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_27Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_28Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Thumb_29
    From stock blasters to fully OP modified ones.

Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Photo_30_0
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Photo_30_1
    Slydev Nerf parts and accessories store Photo_30_2

While not relevant to here so much, I am now shipping to the USA as well, so there is that.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:48 pm

WOW nice job, definitely a one of a kind product, kudos for such initiative
    Agnt007
    Agnt007

Post  Agnt007 Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 am

Just got my jolt to rail adaptor in the mail 30 minutes ago. (I saw the mail guy come and ran out the door) It works really well and looks good. A couple of minor things are
    1.you have to hold the jolt with one hand while priming it(otherwise the connecter would snap)
    2.it takes a little bit of time to swap it from gun to gun.

But overall its a great accessory and I reccomend everyone buys one.

Rating:8/10
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:16 pm

yo, got my gear today, very impressed! those iron sights are fantastic. I'll be doing a review on all the parts in the next few days, still finishing off my review of the elite blasters.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Agnt007 wrote:Just got my jolt to rail adaptor in the mail 30 minutes ago. (I saw the mail guy come and ran out the door) It works really well and looks good. A couple of minor things are
    1.you have to hold the jolt with one hand while priming it(otherwise the connecter would snap)
    2.it takes a little bit of time to swap it from gun to gun.

But overall its a great accessory and I reccomend everyone buys one.

Rating:8/10

Thanks for the review. I am sorry that the connector isn't stronger, if there is enough demand I could create one that slides on and off and is a lot stronger but it would use quite a bit more plastic and thus cost more (possibly $4-$6). I plan on releasing a sliding version of all of my nerf rail gear in the future so that they can be put on to guns easier, again they will cost more, but that way people will have the option of which one they want.

cfb_rolley wrote:yo, got my gear today, very impressed! those iron sights are fantastic. I'll be doing a review on all the parts in the next few days, still finishing off my review of the elite blasters.

Glad you like the parts, take your time on a review and bug me when you get it done
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:32 pm

BAM! And the Review is done: and this magical text will take you to it.

I have to say, my Rampage looks pretty tough now haha.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm