Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod.

Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Empty Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod.

Post  Roger Explosion Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:34 pm

A bit of an all in one post this one.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow01

So here we are, The AirZone Crossbow. Ain't she ugly. This thing is pretty hideous. It Fires Foam Arrows, oh wait i mean drops them on the ground. This thing is pathetic when stock. It hits less than 15 feet stock. But it can take Lanard Big Salvo and Big Bad Bow arrows. They are basicaly the same. There is no handle to hold on to either. just a little green trigger on the side. But this little runt has some real hidden potental.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow02

So I cracked this ugly thing open and was greeted with this massive plunger. And thats where I got excited. I also tested the seal on the plunger by blowing down the barrel and it seemed pretty good. I couldn't get the plunger assembly open. Damm thing was all glued together.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow03

WOAH!!! 26cm long!!!

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow04

I felt the need to remove the elastic band that makes the faux bow string. but wanted to do it so i kept it intact. it could be usefull for something. So i cut off the clear heatshrink

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow05

and pulled off the metal clip. easy enough.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow07

If you want to remove the plunger, you need to undo this screw. and the green bit that used to have the elastic through it comes off.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow08

Heres the super simple trigger. this whole thing inside is pretty basic. thats a real plus.

*Adding the coupler*

This is pretty straightfoward

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow06

Heres the stock barrel. Cut 2cm off the front.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow09

Like so. When i cut this off and looked down the hole, I noticed something very strange. A elastic band, or Bungee if you will. So this thing is bungee powered and not spring powered. Well I'll be dammed. Its a fairly powerfull bungee too.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow10

Ok stick a 15mm PVC coupler over the top and glue it on. making sure its airtight. Don't wanna lose any of that range.

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Airzonebow11

Now when i was inside, I removed a bow arm and turned the bow arm on the side of the trigger around to make a handle with. and works good to.

I tried some range testing today, but the results where far less than satisfying. it was only averaging about 55 feet. I think the small range (I'd call that a small range, considering the size of the plunger) is all down to the bungee. It may not be all that powerfull, but it does seem to have some force. but I think its all down to its placement. Right inside the plunger tube. meaning that it restricts a hell of alot of air flow.

Here I am Firing it

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Empty Re: Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod.

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:04 am

Awesome, i might buy it cool mod.
    beigeman
    beigeman

Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod. Empty Re: Air Zone Crossbow. Review, Internals and Coupler Mod.

Post  beigeman Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:42 am

My mind is already churning... Adding a plunger rod out the back, some serious springage, could use it as a spring loaded rather than bungee. Might buy one see what can be done. 55' not too bad a range for what it is, btu I agree, it could definately get more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:24 pm