Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod Empty Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod

Post  littlebro05 Tue May 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Are you sick of losing shells in the middle of a Nerf War because the double shot ejects the shells like 10ft away from where your shoulder was? Ok, so it was pretty easy to discover how the other guy did the half ejection mod for the double shot and you can too! You may have already thought of this but bleh. This is so you don't lose shells and still incorporates the use of shells in the double shot (i.e. you still have to remove the shells and load new ones in. However you can do the rear shell loading mod if you want, this is just a quickie mod). It is very simple...

Step 1 - Materials...

Clear Scotch Tape
    Shell - That's all you need!

Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod NerfWarLocation009

Step 2 - Only one step!

Basically cut about 12cm of tape and put it around the tapered (i.e. top half), and then you're done... as shown in the picture... Just make sure you don't too much because if you do it will be hard to pull out the shell... where as if you put too little the shell will eject out like normal. The tape is hard to see but you can see the shadow it appearing behind the shell.

Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod NerfWarLocation008

And a video to 'prove' for all you kiddies who say it's 'fake and gay' LOL. Video below.

Enjoy
    #endgame
    #endgame

Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod Empty Re: Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod

Post  #endgame Tue May 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Looks simple and effective, though the whole shell thing BuzzBee guns have going is more annoying than useful.

Suggestion: Use a program such as the GIMP to downsize your images. They're huge and Safari isn't giving me a horizontal scroll bar for some reason. I find 400x300 is good enough unless it really needs to be bigger to show some internal detail.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod Empty Re: Write-Up: Double Shot Half Ejection Mod

Post  littlebro05 Tue May 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Haha, my bad. I usually take my photos at 640x480, but I had it on high resolution because I needed it take to a picture of something. Well the point of this mod was to use the shells like clips and so they just annoyingly pop out, with a quick hand you could probably reload them fairly quick. The Rapid Fire Tek on the hand is a different story, you have to make a drum catch for that one.

There's the other Mod I will be working on and that's going to be for the Half Shell Ejection (Rear Loading Ver.) Mod where I'm going to integrate this half ejection mod design to drill a 1/2" hole for where the dart will slide in from the back and you'll just have to push the shells back in... complimentary of the guy to invented on NH and youtube, but I'm going to do my altered version of it.

Happy Nerfin'.
    #endgame
    #endgame

Post  #endgame Wed May 12, 2010 12:09 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    There's the other Mod I will be working on and that's going to be for the Half Shell Ejection (Rear Loading Ver.) Mod where I'm going to integrate this half ejection mod design to drill a 1/2" hole for where the dart will slide in from the back and you'll just have to push the shells back in... complimentary of the guy to invented on NH and youtube, but I'm going to do my altered version of it.

If yours is reliable (I have some concerns about the wear and tear on the tape causing erratic ejection later in the mod's life), I think it'll be a much easier alternative to super glue and a steady hand than the other half ejection mods I've seen.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed May 12, 2010 8:53 am

Nah you just have you tape the right amount and it will fit... but yeah wear and tear maybe an issue but the tape on the shells aren't damaged in anyway shape or form... unless your thinking about it being flattened then that's a different story, but I don't think so anyway... I'm planning to either buy 12 more shells (or make my own ones) OR do the rear loading mod.

Because as you can see in the video I use very little force to push it in.
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Wed May 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Very simple and easy, well done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 pm